• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crazy dude from Apocalypse Now

redacted

The guy who went insane and started that wacko colony thing -- INFJ

"the horror."

"the horror."

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think his name was Col. Kurtz, right? Played by Brando. No idea of type!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely INJ. The only reason I say Fe comes from his deep understanding of how people feel and how their feelings can be manipulated.

Yeah I don't think an INTJ could have pulled off social maneuvering like that.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
If the INTJ's big interest is figuring out human systems, he could...

I haven't seen the whole movie (keep meaning to; think my son has it at college with him) but in Conrad's Heart of Darkness on which it's based all you really see is the mental illness. There's no type.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah I don't think an INTJ could have pulled off social maneuvering like that.
Schwarzenegger is INTJ, and he's exceptional at "pulling off" almost anything, including what you could call social manoeuvering.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INJ, INTJs and INFJs alike are essentially subjective and I am under the impression that Te and Fe lack the strength to really make their mark on Ni - especially when Ni is comparatively high (although perhaps Fe makes the environment more important to INFJs than it is to INTJs) . As the most NF of the NTs and the most NT of the NFs, it often seems to be difficult to distinguish between the two types.

redacted

^True. There was something about his explanation of his breaking point that made me think Fe/Ti, but I can't quote anything unfortunately.