• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sexiest INTJ villains!

Which MBTI type of Villian would you fear the most?

• ESTJ

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • ESFJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • ISFJ

• INFJ

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

• ESFP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ENTP

• INTP

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ (or NT in general) tend to be the most common type of villain portrayed, I think. I wonder why that is??

There was one thing I was thinking about the other day... how an Fe villain would be terrifying. Because evil unhealthy Fe... it will want to watch you suffer. In like the most torturous ways possible. So I think I'd most be terrified of an xxFJ villain. :p

Agreed! My husband (ENFJ) would totally do this if he turned evil lol. He talks about it (jokingly of course) when it comes to those he thinks deserve it: pedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc. Quick death is too easy he says. Cold as ice! I can just imagine... :eeep:

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
I love villians with a physical presence in addition to beeing brilliant. Sarevok from Baldurs Gate. Bane from Nolans Batman trilogy. Who can tell people to jump from a cliff and they will do it.

Another class of villains i like are types like "the yellow king" from true detective / Windom Earle from Twin peaks.

I also like Raistlin from dragonlance and villians who seek godhood. Griffith from berserk is another one of those i guess.

I hate Game of thrones villains.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Speaking of INTJ villains, does anyone remembers Yuri from Red Alert ?

He is completely stereotypical INTJ bad guy in my book, but interesting character none the less.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If MBTI typology was applied to the four Houses of Hogwarts, Gryffinfors would be NFs, the idealists; Hufflepuffs, the loyal and reliable SJs; Ravenclaw, the NT intellectuals and Slytherin, the SPs--opportunistic, daring and resourceful who don't seem bound by too much logic or idealism. So Voldie should SP by that account, right?
You cannot type the houses this way, there is too much overlap. Ravenclaws, for instance, seem more interested in knowledge for its own sake, while Slytherins use it to some purpose - the whole "knowledge is power" perspective. Slytherins also are supposed to be cunning, which suggests an inclination for plotting and scheming, and considerable premeditation. Gryffindor, on the other hand, is known for people like James Potter and Sirius Black, who IME epitomize the SP "seat-of-your-pants" approach to life. Harry, by the way, is ISFP in the same spirit as this.

An elemental correspondence makes more sense, though also has its limits:

Ravenclaw - air
Hufflepuff - water
Gryffindor - fire
Slytherin - earth

I also like Raistlin from dragonlance and villians who seek godhood.
Raistlin is one of my all-time favorite characters. My current avatar is a fanart drawing of him.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You cannot type the houses this way, there is too much overlap. Ravenclaws, for instance, seem more interested in knowledge for its own sake, while Slytherins use it to some purpose - the whole "knowledge is power" perspective. Slytherins also are supposed to be cunning, which suggests an inclination for plotting and scheming, and considerable premeditation. Gryffindor, on the other hand, is known for people like James Potter and Sirius Black, who IME epitomize the SP "seat-of-your-pants" approach to life. Harry, by the way, is ISFP in the same spirit as this.

An elemental correspondence makes more sense, though also has its limits:

Ravenclaw - air
Hufflepuff - water
Gryffindor - fire
Slytherin - earth

You are right! It makes more sense that way as Prof. Snape is definitely INTJ and maybe Hermione too? Harry being ISFP also fits now that I think of the functions. Fi= Value Driven, Se = probably accounts for his Quidditch as well as fighting skills, Ni makes him reasonably perceptive and intuitive (though as a tertiary, he loses this ability when his Fi is triggered--like when he thought Sirius was in danger), weak point is Te which is responsible for his highly impulsive, often foolish, short-term thinking, which leads to disaster!

For some reason, because of ESFP's party animal image, I keep forgetting how serious and intense the ISFP can be. Recently, another friend pointed out to me that Batman may also be ISFP! So much for the "soft" image of SFP!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] and I were discussing how INTJs are portrayed in movies. He astutely observed that INTJs are usually not Hollywood heroes because (a) heroes tend to be the underdogs and INTJs usually are in a position of strength, (b) an INTJ hero would be boring as hell! He will make sure that everything is planned meticulously and executed perfectly. Events will proceed like clockwork taking away suspense and surprise completely. Also, the climax would happen in the first scene where he explains his brilliant plan, and then the audience could as well just go home. :)

I don't agree with this actually:
1. There is a good chance they won't explain the plan at all. That would be strategically inept. Knowledge is power and surprise puts your opponent off balance. Better not to let your opponents know what you are doing.
2. Execution is rarely meticulously planned. You can plan including for contingencies but plans only go so far. Perfect plans can work to a degree if you have a very defined thing where you have expert knowledge - like a a career criminal executing a bank robbery - but in most real life scenarios, there are way too many unpredictable events that can occur.
3. What is more likely to occur is the INTJ villain is going to have amassed a set of capabilities that they would bring forth tactically with a specific plan in mind but as often as not, as needed, with an overall strategic plan with a defined set of goals (most of which are not likely going to be communicated because of what I said above).

The INTJ villain is most likely going to be mysterious, seclusive, relentlessly persistent, rarely seen with many surprises up their sleeve.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. There is a good chance they won't explain the plan at all. That would be strategically inept. Knowledge is power and surprise puts your opponent off balance. Better not to let your opponents know what you are doing.
2. Execution is rarely meticulously planned. You can plan including for contingencies but plans only go so far. Perfect plans can work to a degree if you have a very defined thing where you have expert knowledge - like a a career criminal executing a bank robbery - but in most real life scenarios, there are way too many unpredictable events that can occur.
3. What is more likely to occur is the INTJ villain is going to have amassed a set of capabilities that they would bring forth tactically with a specific plan in mind but as often as not, as needed, with an overall strategic plan with a defined set of goals (most of which are not likely going to be communicated because of what I said above).

The INTJ villain is most likely going to be mysterious, seclusive, relentlessly persistent, rarely seen with many surprises up their sleeve.

I meant explain to the audience or his team, not the opposition. But I can see how it might be even more interesting and powerful if nobody even knew that there was plan in the first place! Thanks for the insight there. I cannot think like an INTJ even for the purposes of one post!:blush:

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly. A good example of this is the old (original, with Peter Graves and Barbara Bain) Mission: Impossible series. They would come up with a careful plan for completing their mission, the outlines of which would be revealed to the audience at the beginning. As the show progressed we saw the plan unfold, and the people having to deal with the inevitable problems and unforseen events that cropped up. The fact that we had knowledge of the general plan ahead of time didn't ruin anything, and the show was in fact quite suspenseful (my favorite show as a kid growing up and watching the reruns).

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure, but the strength of the INTJ is still in planning. So if the meat of the movie is in how the hero handles the unexpected issues that crop up as operational developments, while the overarching strategy remains the same, then we might as well retire the INTJ after the strategy phase and watch his teammate, the XsXp do the Ethan Hunt/Jason Bourne maneuvers. :)

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
Raistlin is one of my all-time favorite characters. My current avatar is a fanart drawing of him.

Yes, i have noticed your quote for some time :) It's Raist talking to Tanis at the end of the first book right? Or was it the first trilogy.. i can't remember. But i have read all the books. Before the test and the time travel ones. And the ones in which he turns good (second generation).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] and I were discussing how INTJs are portrayed in movies. He astutely observed that INTJs are usually not Hollywood heroes because (a) heroes tend to be the underdogs and INTJs usually are in a position of strength, (b) an INTJ hero would be boring as hell! He will make sure that everything is planned meticulously and executed perfectly. Events will proceed like clockwork taking away suspense and surprise completely. Also, the climax would happen in the first scene where he explains his brilliant plan, and then the audience could as well just go home. :)

That got me thinking that INTJs may make excellent movie villains for exactly the reasons delineated above: they are formidable opponents and they actually have a feasible plan while the hero "wings" it against all odds/often logic so that the seals in the audience can clap. Usually luck, change of heart of some femme fatale or deus ex machina is needed for the hero to gain the upper hand, though the villain, however nefarious, deserves the victory more from the logical point of view. [ I am so not biased, right!]

So who are your favorite **TJ villains? And why? I mean, we are happy they lost if they were up to no good, but you know what I am really asking.... Which villain (whatever the type) is so smart that he is sexy (in a twisted away, I accept that--please, no moral shaming!) despite being... well, the villain?:wink:

it would be boring. the movie would be over by the time he decided he was gonna do something and leave the mad scientist world...lol

STP villian, we would win

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure, but the strength of the INTJ is still in planning. So if the meat of the movie is in how the hero handles the unexpected issues that crop up as operational developments, while the overarching strategy remains the same, then we might as well retire the INTJ after the strategy phase and watch his teammate, the XsXp do the Ethan Hunt/Jason Bourne maneuvers. :)
To some degree, that is what happened (team included several apparent types), but even that relied on layers of contingency plans, mapped out and overseen as things went along by those operating in some INTJ-mode. It's similar to how INTJs carry out their own plans.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Do you think John Doe from the movie Se7en could be INTJ?

I had to leave my seat in the theatre and stand at the back because I had to give myself "synaptic breaks" from what was happening by occasionally leaving the movie. Kevin Spacey's villain really stayed with me. He was methodical and planned to the nth degree.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Kevin Spacey's villain really stayed with me. He was methodical and planned to the nth degree.

Quoted for truth.

So is Hannibal Lecter.
I like these kinds of villains, cause you never know what else they have on their sleaves until the credits role.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
victor frankenstien had to be an INTJ. the movie wasnt even about him, just his creation.

should have been heroes. then they have a reason and a pull to escape the lab

Cowardly

deactivated
INTJ heroes I can think of are Lisbeth Salander, Artemis Fowl, Severus Snape and maybe Batman.

A great INTJ villain is Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ heroes I can think of are Lisbeth Salander, Artemis Fowl, Severus Snape and maybe Batman.

A great INTJ villain is Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars.
Salandar was an Aspie, which could produce INTJ/Spock-like demeanor. But she was an ISTP through and through! Now her evil dad could have been INTJ.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some awesome INTJ antagonists, off the top of my head, are:

Walter White - Breaking Bad
Amy Dunne - Gone Girl
Ava - Ex Machina (lots of people say Ava is INJFJ though)
Verbal Kint/Keyser Söze - The Usual Suspect

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only watched the American film.

I only read the books ( really, I have that much free time) and so we both could be right. I really can't see Hollywood ever remaining faithful to any book. Maybe we are talking about two different characters completely! Heheh