• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

James Joyce

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After reading 'Portrait of an Artist...' (only halfway through, as I got sidetracked by several other books for a bit!), which was supposedly semi-autobiographical, I'm guessing INFP. But I don't think INFJ is out of the question. I don't see NT at all, based on his manner of writing, and WHAT he's writing about (themes) in it....

Lotr246

I'd say INFJ because of his focus on epiphanies and his innovative stream-of-consciousness writing style.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFJ, probably Ni subtype.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thinking INFP. I can't really explain why. His writing oozes Pness I think.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my strongest suspicion currently is intj. altho i could see infj. he does not seem infp to me. for some reason i get way more Te Fi than Fe Ti. i've never been more amazed at the focus and direction of a book as portrait of the artist as a young man. infjs are too scattered and diffuse, interaction based and re-directable, want to Ti all the time, take apart before your very eyes. also he gets at feeling from the inside not the outside. he does not need context and relationship between characters to create absorbable feeling, he writes it out into the world from his own experience.

that Fi just narrows it down to intj or infp. i just feel like i get way more Ni than Ne. could be wrong tho. how virginia woolf marcel proust does it really feel? anyone read ulysses or finnegan's wake?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
my strongest suspicion currently is intj. altho i could see infj. he does not seem infp to me. for some reason i get way more Te Fi than Fe Ti. i've never been more amazed at the focus and direction of a book as portrait of the artist as a young man. infjs are too scattered and diffuse, interaction based and re-directable, want to Ti all the time, take apart before your very eyes. also he gets at feeling from the inside not the outside. he does not need context and relationship between characters to create absorbable feeling, he writes it out into the world from his own experience.

that Fi just narrows it down to intj or infp. i just feel like i get way more Ni than Ne. could be wrong tho. how virginia woolf marcel proust does it really feel? anyone read ulysses or finnegan's wake?

It's a real toughie, although I lean more INFP.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'd say INFJ because of his focus on epiphanies and his innovative stream-of-consciousness writing style.

Because INFJ's often have epiphanies and are innovative? Can you elaborate?

I'm gonna saay: ESTJ. Why not? Because of his choice of eyewear and hair style. PLUS he used a typerwriter.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After reading the 'Portrait' - my favorite INFJ of all times.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are INFJs prone to Aspberger's?