• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Milo Yiannopoulos

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
The British journalist Milo Yiannopoulos was permanently banned from twitter recently, after alledgedly inciting his followers to harass a "ghostbuster".
Clearly insane, but what type is he?

"self-identified homosexual, "cultural libertarian" and "free speech fundamentalist", he is a vocal critic of third wave feminism, Islam, social justice theory, political correctness, and other movements and ideologies he perceives to be authoritarian and regressive" - Wikipedia

In a podcast ("The Joe Rogan experience") he reveals that he knows about the Mbti and indirectly types both himself and the host (Joe Rogan) as ENTJ. The conversation sort of change direction as Joe has not heard about the mbti. But in the short time he did talk Mbti, i got the impression that it was something he had recently discovered and only on a superficial level. Somewhere in this... 3 hour video:

Now. Personally, he strikes me as a Ne-dom (ENxP). What do you think?

Donald Trump

MBTI Type
INTJ
My first thought was ENTJ (many areas of similarity there), but after thinking about it some more I feel sure he's an ENTP.

"The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun."

This is Milo to a T.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Yeah he's a stock ENTP really. I have never met Milo but I have watched the famous "Triggering" podcast at UMA, and he pulls the SJWs' heartstrings in a way even I couldn't do. The guy makes trolling them an art.

He visits r/The_Donald and /pol/ sometimes if you want an idea of his posting style.

Also, this:

LMFAO.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP.

If you get past all the obvious trolling and attention whoring, he's quite good in debates and also a very nice guy. A lot of it is a front. Apparently he gets along well with Julie Bindel but you wouldn't know it from watching their debate.

He went too far with the twitter drama. He knew he was likely to get banned and it would create a lot of resentment toward twitter from his fanboys. His ban should come as no surprise, but you wouldn't know that, given the reaction of his followers.

I understand the claim of hypocrisy from his supporters and I think there is some truth there, but going after Leslie Jones to prove that point was a shitty, mean-spirited move and he's still going to come out looking the asshole. Even Sargon thought he was being an ass in this instance. I think this was all orchestrated to position himself as a candidate for press secretary when his daddy gets elected.

He wrote a fascinating piece on the alt right that broke it down into the various sub-factions. It seemed like the product of Ti.

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
ENTP.

If you get past all the obvious trolling and attention whoring, he's quite good in debates and also a very nice guy. A lot of it is a front. Apparently he gets along well with Julie Bindel but you wouldn't know it from watching their debate.

He went too far with the twitter drama. He knew he was likely to get banned and it would create a lot of resentment toward twitter from his fanboys. His ban should come as no surprise, but you wouldn't know that, given the reaction of his followers.

I understand the claim of hypocrisy from his supporters and I think there is some truth there, but going after Leslie Jones to prove that point was a shitty, mean-spirited move and he's still going to come out looking the asshole. Even Sargon thought he was being an ass in this instance. I think this was all orchestrated to position himself as a candidate for press secretary when his daddy gets elected.

He wrote a fascinating piece on the alt right that broke it down into the various sub-factions. It seemed like the product of Ti.

Yes, i was thinking of sargon of akkads video as i read what you said :) I doubt he seriously belives he could be daddys press secretary though. I think he just amuses himself with the idea. I really love Milo as a phenomenon.

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
My first thought was ENTJ (many areas of similarity there), but after thinking about it some more I feel sure he's an ENTP.

"The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun."

This is Milo to a T.

I agree. Nice description.

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
What are your thoughts on Blair White's type?

Blaire White
- YouTube

I have'nt heard of her. I was 2 min in the first video of the list (There is no rape culture) and two things struck me: She is serious (contrary to Milo), then i thought of Vegan Gains (Vegan Youtuber) and that she reminds me of him. I have typed Vegan Gains as an INTJ. So this is my reasoning behind my first impression. Oc, i will look at some more videos before i go making a judgement. What do you think?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have'nt heard of her. I was 2 min in the first video of the list (There is no rape culture) and two things struck me: She is serious (contrary to Milo), then i thought of Vegan Gains (Vegan Youtuber) and that she reminds me of him. I have typed Vegan Gains as an INTJ. So this is my reasoning behind my first impression. Oc, i will look at some more videos before i go making a judgement. What do you think?

I think she may be an INTP. INTJ is also possible.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For Milo, I'm thinking more ENTJ than ENTP. ENTJs are much more to the point about pushing buttons and otherwise making points in a very public way. ENTPs tend to have have much more "nitpicky" or "lawyerly" points to make, if that makes sense, and actually care a lot more about getting along with other people than they'd like to admit. If he's ENTP, then he's Enneagram 8 ENTP.

Blaire White? INTJ is very likely, in my opinion. INTP not so much. Same reason as for Milo: much more direct about opinions, not interested in making lawyerly arguments.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
For Milo, I'm thinking more ENTJ than ENTP. ENTJs are much more to the point about pushing buttons and otherwise making points in a very public way. ENTPs tend to have have much more "nitpicky" or "lawyerly" points to make, if that makes sense, and actually care a lot more about getting along with other people than they'd like to admit. If he's ENTP, then he's Enneagram 8 ENTP.

Blaire White? INTJ is very likely, in my opinion. INTP not so much. Same reason as for Milo: much more direct about opinions, not interested in making lawyerly arguments.

ENTPs aren't opinionated? Are you teasing us? Just look around the forum and you will see an ENTP here and there who loves to court controversy. They thrive on debate and to take on a controversial view just for the sake of considering it. Imagine @Jarlaxle, while he was still here. Compare them to ESTPs, who I feel are much more "cool" and relaxed. I relate well to ENTPs (my ideal bird would be an ENTP) and can at will pretend to be one, because we share the same functions - merely in a different order. You can see that in the way I use Ti logic to argue, but my Ni is obvious in how I intuitively link unrelated ideas together and have an eerie sense of what may come to pass.

The "lawyer" type would I feel most likely be an INTJ or ISTJ. Pedantic, structured, argumentative, a bit rigid.

Milo has the natural spontaneity, rush of ideas and braggadocio you would expect in an ENTP. You could compare him to his "daddy" Donald Trump - an stock ESTP who has echoes of Winston Churchill (both the good, and the bad).

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTPs aren't opinionated? Are you teasing us?
Of COURSE they're opinionated.

Just look around the forum and you will see an ENTP here and there who loves to court controversy. They thrive on debate and to take on a controversial view just for the sake of considering it.
Yep.

Imagine @Jarlaxle, while he was still here. Compare them to ESTPs, who I feel are much more "cool" and relaxed. I relate well to ENTPs (my ideal bird would be an ENTP) and can at will pretend to be one, because we share the same functions - merely in a different order.
Jarlaxle was definitely ENTP, but he doesn't remind me of Milo.

The "lawyer" type would I feel most likely be an INTJ or ISTJ. Pedantic, structured, argumentative, a bit rigid.
Wow. I guess you've never run into the ENTP == lawyer stereotype.

Milo has the natural spontaneity, rush of ideas and braggadocio you would expect in an ENTP. You could compare him to his "daddy" Donald Trump - an stock ESTP who has echoes of Winston Churchill (both the good, and the bad).

Trump is definitely ESTP.

I still don't get ENTP from Milo. Gingrich, who was one of Trump's considerations for the VP slot is clearly ENTP.

The reason I get ENTJ instead of ENTP from Milo is that for Fi, the values are core: the logic can move around, but the values have to stay constant. For someone like Trump or Gingrich, the logic is core: the underlying reasoning stays constant, but the (stated) values adjust to accord to the reasoning. For those with political nits to pick, I use the word "reasoning" with severe reservations ... ;)

I sense that Milo's values are constant (inferior Fi), and that his reasoning follows his values (Te dom). He's closer to Rush Limbaugh (ENTJ) than Trump or Jarlaxle or typical ENTPs. (For the record, "inferior" is a bit of a misnomer for inferior functions: they tend to drive a lot of the primary personality.)

Main difference between ENTP vs ENTJ trolling: ENTJs will prance around saying "I'm trolling you, I'm trolling you, and you don't even believe me that I'm trolling you even as I tell you!" ENTPs are more like, "No, I'm not trolling, I'm being serious. You haven't addressed anything I'm talking about." Milo is very definitely in the former category, pointing out how he's blatantly a provocateur and trolling people in general.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] I suspect we will continue to disagree, but I'll elaborate anyway.

My impression is that Milo doesn't have a strong value system. He (and his core fan base, the 4channers) are motivated by a desire to make fun of people they find ridiculous and overly sensitive for the hell of it. They enjoy causing chaos and lack a long-term, strategic goal or purpose. Now my way of understanding somebody is to compare them to myself: I often make fun of people, but it's not because I find them silly. Humour is just one of my many ways to take someone out. So to me, guys like Milo are allies, but I remain wary that they may grow bored of my cause one day. The kind of language I am using here should provide some helpful P/J contrast.

This is an aside, but what all Trump supporters, Milo included, share is a very strong feeling of being under siege. Our enemies are driven by envy and already use the levers of power to restrict our rights. This isn't my opinion: the SJWs, BLM activists, radfems etc vent their true feelings on Twitter, Facebook and their blogs. These people are now the base of the Democrat Party, and they have a good rapport with Hollywood and the tech industry in particular.

As I've already said on here, all we really want is to be left alone and not have their multicultural dystopia forced down our throats.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EN?P 7w6>8w7>3w2 Sp/Sx

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
whatever type he is he's ugly. any gay man that is capable of saying "Gays were classier when they were worried about being queer-bashed" clearly has some issues with self-hatred. i just learned that he loves mariah carey - who allowed him to even listen to her music?

my official vote is probably ENTJ with an ENTP persona - he's not freely making perceptions and observations like a perception-ruled type, he has a "fun" and snarky persona but it serves to make a point and work towards a goal.

also...grammar-policing on TWITTER? he should be happy to be banned from there if he thinks twitter is going to suddenly start caring about grammatical correctness on the internet

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION]

What about ENFP? That was my first impression.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Humanmetrics

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (really?) though enthusiastically of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?")
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION]

What about ENFP? That was my first impression.

They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

It's a little difficult to see him as someone who wants to help people when he was banned from twitter for encouraging racist harrasment.

Then again, its always harder to type unhealthy instances of a type than healthy ones. Considering the narcissism and cruelty, his outgoing nature, maybe a very unhealthy ENTP? I can see the zany charm thing, though.

*edit* updated with better link

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
It's a little difficult to see him as someone who wants to help people when he was banned from twitter for encouraging racist harrasment.

Then again, its always harder to type unhealthy instances of a type than healthy ones. Considering the narcissism and cruelty, his outgoing nature, maybe a very unhealthy ENTP? I can see the zany charm thing, though.

*edit* updated with better link

I would not concider him cruel. Narcissistic, most definitily. I think he cares about himself first. Maybe there is not many ENFPs like that, but there's not many Milos either. I put a link to human metrics, so you would know if/what i cherrypicked among the traits. I know he is not an ENTJ. He is not smart in the same way. Do you know alan watts (considered to be ENFP. i'm inclined to agree)? There is something in milos "showmanship" and mannerisms that clicks with alan watts. Also i have a ENFP friend who is smart in the way milo is.