• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Brittas Empire

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I doubt anyone here is familiar with it, but I've had a go at typing the Brittas Empire characters.
Brittas is an IxFJ, but I'm leaning more towards INFJ, because he has a dream. He's an idealist if I've ever seen one. In his mind, there's that perfect world, where everyone obeys rules and all people work together. It's pretty obvious that he uses quite a bit of Fe, though it lets him down a lot. He genuinely wants to help. He wishes we could all just get along with one another. On the other hand, he's probably the most socially-inept person to ever appear on TV. He misses all the cues people send his way.
I'm fairly sure Gavin's an ISTJ. In many ways he reminds me of my dad. Especially in later episodes, his personality really comes through. Just like Brittas, he likes order and considers rules to be very important. His moral compass seems to be based on what most people's idea of right and wrong is until someone violates his values. Eg. he wanted to warn Brittas about Larry planning to kill him, but then Brittas asked him to keep an eye on Tim, whom he suspected of being a "left-footer".
Helen is an ESTP. Physical sensations seem to be extremely important to her. I guess, that's partly why she cheats on Brittas. And she never feels guilty about it.
Tim is the character that I identify with the most. I'll go with ENFP for him. He hates authority and being told what to do. Also, he's extremely emotional and sensitive. He's up there with Carole as the character most likely to have a breakdown (and maybe Helen but it's a different kind of breakdown). His Si seems to be very weak. He resists traditions and social expectations. He thrives on being different.
Julie might be an ENTP. I think her Si is even weaker than Tim's. And the two of them seem quite similar. They both enjoy stiring people (especially Brittas) up just for the sake of it. And she defies Brittas more often than any other character.
I'm honestly guessing here, but I'll say Carle could be an ESFJ. But frankly, the only thing I'm sure of is that she's xxFx.
I think Laura could be an ENTJ. She's probably the only sane character on the show. She always sorts things out after yet another disaster. In reality, it's her that's in control, not Brittas. Her leaving the show seriously messes up the dynamics.
Linda could be ESFP. She's very bubbly and enthusiastic. She seems fun to be around.
For Colin, I'd say ISTP. He's the one, who always fixes stuff. And he seems to be one of the very few people that actually like Brittas.