• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types on Parenthood (spoilers!)

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
From the show Parenthood (my mom's current obsession that I'm forced to take part in)
I'm only into season 4 but I do know some spoilers from reading the TV Tropes page.
In other words
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.
:D

Zeek - ESTJ
It's hard not to type old folks as not-Si but in Zeek's case I think it fits. He's not well in tune with his feelings or the feelings of those around him, and he bases his logic on what worked for him in the past, which we can see particularly through his parenting advice. Or at least that's what I see. "We are the Braverman family, and this is what Bravermans do."
Also I hate the spelling of his name. I think it should be Zeke. Zeek looks lazy to me, like someone made a typo and didn't bother to fix it.

Camille - INFP
Probably INFP but I also considered ISFP given she's drawn to art and a little bit of dance and those are stereotypical Se things. Her NFP is more of a gut feeling for me. Plus it contrasts Zeek nicely.

Adam - ENTJ
Sometimes he's so uptight I think he's an SJ but then he brings out his Ni visions and augh.

Kristina - ISFJ
Ohmigosh she REEKS of ISFJ. Especially Fe. She puts EVERYONE before herself on everything.

Haddie - ENFP?
Pretty sure she's a Fi user but not as importantly as Amber's Fi. She might be ENFP but I really don't know.

Max - INTP
Definitely Fe-inf (he cares very little for the feelings of other people) and I'm pretty sure he uses Ne-Si rather than Se-Ni. Even though he has such a clear vision of himself as student council president (Ni), I don't know that he has Se as a preferred in his stack. Sometimes it's difficult to tell if a trait or behavior of his can be attributed to his type or just to his Asperger's. I'm more inclined to see Ne-Si than Se-Ni in him.

Sarah - ESFP
She reeks ESFP. Her vision of the future is whatever boyfriend she has at the time. Also making sure her kids have a future that she didn't. At times she is able to suspend Fi long enough to concentrate on her children, but maybe it's because of Fi that she's so adamant about standing up for them because she sees herself in them. Let's face it: Amber's pretty much a carbon copy for a lot of the series.

Amber - ISFP
Amber is a copy of her mom except Fi-dom instead of Se-dom (as evidenced by the various arcs where she suspends Se in favor of trying to act more like an NTJ while she never completely abandoned Fi). I... did consider a Fe user since she is really good at reading the emotional atmosphere and saying the right things to get Max to behave (that episode where he had to apologize to Jabbar and really really didn't want to) but that could also be attributed to Se.

Drew - INFP
Actually I have no idea since he spends most of his time moping offscreen. Drew..... is a recluse for most of the series until he starts dating Amy. My guess is based on what appears to be a Fi-Si loop revolving around his lack of a real and constant father figure.

Crosby - ESxP
Great people skills, terrible planning skills, lives in the moment (as opposed to Adam's vision of the future of their company). Not a terrible parent either, but he relies a lot on Jasmine for the future planning and spiritual side of those things, and Julia for legal and monetary issues.

Jasmine - ?
I think Ni-Te but I'm not sure, could be Fi-Se. Definitely Ni-Se axis though. I'm only a little less sure on Te-Fi. My problem is the order. I'm pretty sure she's an I, but is she INTJ or ISFP? She's pretty well organized and was able to live her life with a child for five years before she brought Crosby into the picture. But there's also her past to consider, a past I don't know much about, probably since I don't care much about her as a character. I find her difficult.

Jabbar - ?
Children are hard. They haven't really developed a lot. If I had to guess I'd say maybe Jabbar is ENFJ?

Julia - ESTJ
I thought of ENTJ as well. She doesn't have as much paranoia directed toward her child as a stereotypical Si-Ne user but at the same time she's very for following the rules. "The book says this is the time for [blahdiblahdiblah] so that's what we're doing, and we're not moving on until we've passed this stage." I also notice she has a hard time living in the present but I can't confidently say it's because she spends so much time in the future.

Joel - ?
STP? I'll admit the typing was based on his sometimes line of work (contractor). I can't confidently type him ESTP because... well, he just doesn't seem like a Se-dom or inf-Ni, but at the same time I have a hard time with ISTP because his Fe is too well developed for this stage of his life. It could just be the way he behaves - he's a stay-at-home dad most of the time anyway.
He could be ENFJ but that also seems like a bad ordering of functions. I don't think he's snowflakey enough to be INFJ.

Sydney - ?
Little kid Sydney was cute and good and stuff and then she turned 6 and became a snob. I think she's ETJ like her mom but .... I dunno.

Victor - ?
I haven't seen enough of him yet to really know, plus his life circumstances obscure how he processes things

Kids in general are hard to type, especially since the show is more about the adults with a healthy sprinkling of kids. Max was easier because much of the show is focused on him at the very beginning, or maybe that's just me and my old obsession with Asperger's highlighting him every time he shows up on the screen.
I'm also not going to type the many many boyfriends of Sarah and Amber, even the ones that had more screentime than others (i.e. Mark, Seth, Hank).