• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Hilary Clinton Is An INTJ Enneagram 3

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pat Wyman wrote an interesting book that I read a number of years ago on the MBTI type, Enneagram and how they relate to each other. She's just written an article about Hilary Clinton which describes her as an INTJ Enneagram 3. I thought her points were interesting. I have long thought she is an INTJ in part because of how unpopular she is. The article describes at first the bias in society against women who have a preference for Thinking over Feeling. While men who prefer Feeling experience a similar bias, she asserts that it's worse for the women. She says Extraverted Feeling is the function most commonly and culturally associated with women, which does sound about right. Apparently furthering Hilary's challenges is that she is so not an SJ. A few quotes from the article:

"Someone like Hillary is fighting more than the cultural female stereotype which causes her to be criticized for not being warm and caring but moreover prohibits a woman from being objective and analytical. We live in a culture designed and controlled by those with the SJ or Sensing/Judging Temperament. SJs are traditionalists who stabilize our society with structure, policies, procedures, rules and regulations. "

"When Hillary stands before the Thinking function of an STJ society, that Thinking function evaluates her according to the STJ values of our society at large. She does not personify the culturally valued feminine qualities and so she gets a failing grade, regardless of her qualifications and experience. Meanwhile, Donald Trump can say the most outrageous things and contradict himself repeatedly but he can get away with it all because, as an ESTJ, he embodies the values of our STJ society. "

"If that weren’t enough to garner her a 58% disapproval rating (at this writing), Hillary is an INTJ (disclosed by her). NTs, or the Intuitive/Thinking Temperament, are known for valuing competency, professionalism, autonomy, independence and mastery. Because of their need to be seen as intelligent and competent, they can unintentionally appear to be aloof or arrogant. When a woman who embodies all these qualities presents herself to an STJ society, the Thinking function assesses her according to the values of the SJ Temperament. Not much can be more threatening to a society that values a doting Nancy Reagan than an NT Hillary Clinton.

One of the best things I saw in her book was these charts. Take a look and see if you agree that it characterizes her properly. If I recall correctly, she took the position that the Enneagram type had a negative influence on who we were and that you should aspire to be more like your MBTI type, which we will become if conquer the demons of our Enneagram tendencies by becoming aware of them. It had something to do with our inner child and some other things I can't recall. I'm not sure if the theory is correct but it was an interesting anyway.

INTJ-3.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes! she is NOT a fucking 1. I have been arguing that for years! XD

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont see much Fi in her while i see it in INTJ types easily.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see a lot of those INTJ traits listed here.

I don't see her as having a rich inner world. Nothing she has ever said or done leads me to believe she is a deep thinker at all.

And "truth based", ouch......

I don't see her as self doubting or self critical. She has spent a lifetime avoiding responsibility and accountability.

I don't see her as dedicated to intellectual growth. She appears to largely be at the same level as decades ago.

She isn't independent or autonomous, as she is the ultimate coattails rider. If she had divorced Bill in 98 or 99.....maybe..... Sure, her marriage is only a business partnership anyway, but she could have dumped Bill and made her own way...... she was offered the NY senate seat in 98......

And integrity......ha, ha, ha, ha.......

I have never seen her as very skilled or capable. Lol, she failed her first bar exam..... and the way she ran the State Department......

I definitely could see her as a 3, though.....

And Trump isn't a ESTJ, he is a ESTP. He is masterful at reading a crowd and is the classic ESTP used car salesman.... Trump is very far from the ESTJ supervisor......

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish there was. I can't find one.

Neither could I. That is an interesting page that the diagram came from though.

We will just have to make our own.

á´…eparted

passages
I wish there was. I can't find one.

The seem to come from this book.

To generate all 144 type combinations wouldn't fit into the book. Essentially they are generated by looking at the list of descriptive words for each type provided in the book (unfortunately types 1, 2, and 3 are not provided in the preview so it can't fully be done here), and they are correlated as to being harmonious, or disharmonious, and the chart is generated off of that. Further it's convienent that most of the words to describe them are listed in a correlative order so comparing and contrasting is quite easy.

It's a shame we don't have access to page 76 because then we could generate these here ourselves, and it would be neat to see what combinations are close and what aren't.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dont see much Fi in her while i see it in INTJ types easily.
I do. I see it in her work on behalf of women and children, which has occupied much of her career. Good examples are her speech at the UN Conference on Women in 1995, and her book It Takes a Village. Regardless of one's opinion of the ideas she presents in places like this, I see them as very much informed and driven by Fi.

I do agree, though, that Donald Trump is more an ESTP than any sort of TJ.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see this. I think her thought process is largely hidden. So, an ambitious introvert will make sense. I can see NT vibe from her.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
This wouldn't surprise me.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do. I see it in her work on behalf of women and children, which has occupied much of her career. Good examples are her speech at the UN Conference on Women in 1995, and her book It Takes a Village. Regardless of one's opinion of the ideas she presents in places like this, I see them as very much informed and driven by Fi.

I do agree, though, that Donald Trump is more an ESTP than any sort of TJ.

She reminds me of INFJ, a mis-steered one due to her issues. Dom Ni for sure. but one non-the-less

10 signs you're actually an INFJ personality type, not an INTJ - Introvert, Dear

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She reminds me of INFJ, a mis-steered one due to her issues. Dom Ni for sure. but one non-the-less

10 signs you're actually an INFJ personality type, not an INTJ - Introvert, Dear
This article just confirms my assessment of Hillary as INTJ, or at least not INFJ. She fails on the 7 items highlighted below, and the underlined is quite questionable.

1. You feel comfortable dealing with other people’s emotions.
    [*] You are more interested in people and relationships than concepts and theories.
    [*] Conflict is distressing.
  2. You use your emotions and personal values to navigate the world.
  3. You may struggle to advocate for your own needs.
  4. You’ve developed the appearance of social conformity—at least on the surface.
  5. You’re a dreamer and a doer who focuses on the human condition.
  6. You’re soft in your approach.
  7. You don’t want just any job—you want a humanitarian mission.
  8. Because you’re tuned into emotions, at times you may experience others’ emotional states as if they were your own.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

With all the INFJ's I know, they either vibe volitile/expressive. They have an uncontrolled nature. You may not know what drives their Fe at the moment (Se).

Or - they are quiet and unassuming, with a passive-aggressive quality to their disapproval. Their emotion comes out more in service of Ti - which is what I think you may see.

But Hilary is *very* controlled. Control is very INTJ. Control or oneself (basal nature/inferior Se). It's almost a hallmark.

If they have a mix of both traits, INFJ's still have a goofball quality that shows itself at strange times. I don't see this in Hilary.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The seem to come from this book.

To generate all 144 type combinations wouldn't fit into the book. Essentially they are generated by looking at the list of descriptive words for each type provided in the book (unfortunately types 1, 2, and 3 are not provided in the preview so it can't fully be done here), and they are correlated as to being harmonious, or disharmonious, and the chart is generated off of that. Further it's convienent that most of the words to describe them are listed in a correlative order so comparing and contrasting is quite easy.

It's a shame we don't have access to page 76 because then we could generate these here ourselves, and it would be neat to see what combinations are close and what aren't.

Oh. Huh. I remember they only had some of the diagrams in there. Never knew you could recreate them with the information that's listed elsewhere.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
And "truth based", ouch......
:laugh:

And Trump isn't a ESTJ, he is a ESTP. He is masterful at reading a crowd and is the classic ESTP used car salesman.... Trump is very far from the ESTJ supervisor......
Yeah, there's nothing remotely Te about him ... or SJ for that matter. And I would know. ;) I don't think he could be any more of a Perceiver. He's completely scatterbrained and does not believe in preparing for things. He changes his mind on issues every 5 minutes or so because he has no real principals. Call it ideological ADD. :D

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Clinton seems way too slick in public appearances for me to believe she could possibly be an INTJ.
Clinton ESTJ -3
Trump an obvious ESTP.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I honestly think INTJ-3 is just really an ENTP :)