• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite horror villain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's one of my favorites -- perfect blend of freak-out and amusement. Raimi really nailed tone in that movie. And a perfect ending!

Yessss! One of my favorites too! I don't know anyone who likes it near as much as me. The ending was great! I know some people who thought the character deserved a better, but I thought, with the way the story was told, it was justified...I'll have to look through your horror movie recommendations, see if there's anything that I should watch that I haven't. I'll have to find out what Giger's xenomorph is, since I've never heard of that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've watchlisted that one.

2004 movie by the same title, Creep, was also very good !

I've always been fan of campy horror movies too like Wrong turn series.

Final Destination seems to fall into that category as well.

I saw a movie from late last year with Taissa Farmiga called "The Final Girls" which was kind of camp/spoof/cute horror too (where they're trapped in a 70's schlock horror flick with Friday the 13th).

Yessss! One of my favorites too! I don't know anyone who likes it near as much as me. The ending was great! I know some people who thought the character deserved a better, but I thought, with the way the story was told, it was justified...I'll have to look through your horror movie recommendations, see if there's anything that I should watch that I haven't. I'll have to find out what Giger's xenomorph is, since I've never heard of that.

Oh. The Xenomorph -- the "Alien" monster. It's called a xenomorph, in the movie mythology.
but if you look through Giger's sketch designs .... pretty crazy.

I am always glad to find someone else who likes "Drag Me to Hell." I had no idea what to expect when I started it, and there was that beautifully over-the-top opening, and then it unfolds in the current day.... Just wonderful casting as well, esp with Justin Long as the long-suffering compassionate boyfriend who has no idea what is going on. It makes everything so much better. ;) But anyway, it's one of those stories that writes itself and, well... [actual story spoiler, don't read if you haven't seen it]

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh. Yeah, case in point ^. Very low-budget flick but pretty effective. (Which now reminds me "The Invitation" with the two hosts who invite some old friends over for dinner.)

I have a friend who looks a lot like Mark Duplass in both his appearance and mannerisms. A big, harmless teddy bear type of guy, but the kind of guy who would terrify me if he were a little unhinged.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, Jeffrey Combs in Would You Rather..

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, this little wonderful creature from the first segment of V/H/S....

tumblr_mz6e3mC1Cd1qc38ngo1_500.png

I have a friend who looks a lot like Mark Duplass in both his appearance and mannerisms. A big, harmless teddy bear type of guy, but the kind of guy who would terrify me if he were a little unhinged.

I bet he's wondering why no one invites him over for dinner anymore, once that movie came out...

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Oh, this little wonderful creature from the first segment of V/H/S....

Oh Yes ! That bit was great ! Most of the short videos on VHS series & ABC's of death series are not worthy, but that one made a big impression. Very scary chick...:D

Speaking of scary chicks, let's not forget :

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the-predator-and-jason-need-to-have-these-fatalities-in-mortal-kombat-x-315390.jpg

So Sci fi horror counts, eh?

*clicking sounds*

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This might warrant a separate thread since it's a video game, but the working joe androids in Alien Isolation were nearly as terrifying as the xenomorph.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two can play at that game.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who's she ?

Would it be wrong if I said it's better you not know? Okay this is probably a huge hint or something like along those lines but she takes your manhood away... Literally.

I'll let you figure it out from there.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only horror movies I generally enjoy are vampire movies, so of course this is my favorite villain:

real_dracula_bela.jpg

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does it have to be a person? Cause I like my horror with monsters
Same here; monster stories of all kinds are my favorite. If we can include ones that appear in fiction that isn't necessarily supposed to be horror, the list gets longer. I don't have the energy to round them all up tonight.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Would it be wrong if I said it's better you not know? Okay this is probably a huge hint or something like along those lines but she takes your manhood away... Literally.

I'll let you figure it out from there.

Got it *I think* ! Teeth (2007)
I haven't seen that one, but sounds like joly good fun ;)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Leviathon from Hellraiser 2. Very cthulian. A hostile, alien god without the faintest trace of human form or emotion. Talk your way out of that one.