• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite horror villain

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Hey guys

Who's your "favorite" horror villain(s) ?

I pick Jigsaw (saw series) but i could think of some other worthy contestants...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does it have to be a person? Cause I like my horror with monsters

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
latest

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey guys

Who's your "favorite" horror villain(s) ?

I pick Jigsaw (saw series) but i could think of some other worthy contestants...

I don't understand why people like Saw. I would say that, if you enjoy watching someone cut off their own leg, that that makes you a bad person. However, I know a few good people who are fanatical about Saw. Just doesn't make sense.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
alien02.jpg

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility. I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I don't understand why people like Saw. I would say that, if you enjoy watching someone cut off their own leg, that that makes you a bad person. However, I know a few good people who are fanatical about Saw. Just doesn't make sense.

Yeah I know. Therefor I think Saw I was the only really good one. Cause it was slightly more storydriven. More of a thriller really.

I also like the creeper. From jeepers creepers.

jeepers-creepers.jpg

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
3970522-jasonv1.jpg

Chi chi chi, ha ha ha...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trying to stick mainly with horror movies, although i edge out a bit... (some have already been said)

Freddy Krueger ("Nightmare on Elm Street")

Alien ("Alien")

Babadook ("The Babadook")

Mama ("Mama")

The Pale Man ("Pan's Labyrinth")

Samora ("The Ring")

Ghosts ("The Grudge")

Seth Brundle ("The Fly")

Louis Cyphre ("Angel Heart")

Frank ("Donnie Darko") -- Frank's not necessarily a villain (and DD is like scifi existential horror) but he's creepy as hell

The Gang ("Hellraiser")

I do like John Kramer but more as himself rather than behind the visual Jigsaw motif -- when you learn his backstory, he gets a lot more interesting.

Also, the monsters from "The Cabin in the Woods" (all spoofing other well-known monsters) were pretty awesome.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The bad guy in Pet Semetary 2

and Judd, while not really a villain, was pretty creepy in the first one.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else like the movie Drag Me to Hell?

I like those things in the movie The Descent. Lots of jump scares in that movie. But, I prefer to know more about the villain. Not the best villain cause those things aren't complex and we don't know much about them. Dracula is an example of a well designed villain. There are rules with him and loads of details about who he is.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's the Girl from "A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night".

The picture I really wanted was a shot of her riding down the street towards camera on a skate board, the dark cloth fluttering around her like a giant bat while she has on all this other casual clothing -- it's a wonderful juxtaposition of old and new myth. But I couldn't find one.

10274369.jpg

It's one of my favorites -- perfect blend of freak-out and amusement. Raimi really nailed tone in that movie. And a perfect ending!

I like those things in the movie The Descent. Lots of jump scares in that movie. But, I prefer to know more about the villain. Not the best villain cause those things aren't complex and we don't know much about them. Dracula is an example of a well designed villain. There are rules with him and loads of details about who he is.

yeah, the crawlers are pretty bad in The Descent, they just don't stick out as individuals per se or seem as intimidating when compared to Giger's xenomorph, for example.

There are also regular human villains, like Buffalo Bill and Hannibal Lecter in "Silence of the Lambs," for example. Or Norman Bates in "Psycho." Or The General from "Pan's Labyrinth."

Mark Duplass in Creep

Heh. Yeah, case in point ^. Very low-budget flick but pretty effective. (Which now reminds me "The Invitation" with the two hosts who invite some old friends over for dinner.)

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7

Yeah like those both a lot : descent 1 & especially drag me to hell : a horror masterpiece. I can still vividly imagine the car scene in the parking lot.

Mark Duplass in Creep

I've watchlisted that one.

2004 movie by the same title, Creep, was also very good !

I've always been fan of campy horror movies too like Wrong turn series.