• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RWBY

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you type adam as ni dom. Im not saying he is not,but why.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this post. I agree with what blackSail said that he's basically just your stereotypical Ni-dom villain. I think he's Ni first rather than Si because he seems to make decisions based on his ideals for the future. He also seems to observe his surroundings objectively (with help of Se) rather than being focused on how his environments affect him personally.

I'm not great with MBTI (I prefer enneagram), so it's hard for me to explain MBTI typings.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not sure if I shared my opinions on RWBY or not, I probably did but forgot but anyways here's my opinions.

I also did a short RWBY MBTI post awhile back so you can check those opinions out there if you want on this as well. Here's the link down below:

RWBY characters MBTI : RWBY

RWBY character types and my opinions:

Ruby - ENFP, I can see why people think INFP at times but she's really just your typical ENFP who thinks there an introvert. In my opinion she definitely uses Ne more often and acts like a more silly happy go lucky, curious and imaginative ENFP and is extroverted majority of the time and just introverts with and into her Fi often when necessary and she feels strongly about things and her NF idealism she cares and worries about. So yeah that's my opinion on her, short opinion. I'll prob make a post on her in the future, but far future since I have other characters I'm working on, I literally just reposted my Gon Freecss ENFP reddit post opinion here again. And I'm working on Sokka ENTP post, Luffy ENFP post, Law for INTJ, and Doflamingo for ENTP and more. I have a lot on my plate haha, so a fully in depth Ruby post will come but in the far future most likely.

Yang - ESFP, She's responds to details in the moment and is very physical and hands on. N types and Ne users can be physical and love physical activity too, Ne users love physical activities and ENFPs and ENTPs are both very good at physical activity, sports, and many different activities and ususally have many different interests and strengths. But in this case Yang is definitely a Se user is in general fits the stereotype of Se and being physical even if Ne users can love physical things too. She lives in the moment and loves responding to details in the moment quickly with her Se, she follows her heart and inner values and can be quite efficient at times with her Te ter as well. Struggles with Ni and planning and thinking about the long term future and sometimes rages with her Se, Fi and Te and says things she didn't mean and regrets and does things not intended at first with her Se impulsiveness.

Weiss - ISTJ, people seem to mix up ISTJs with ESTJ nowadays like Hermoine who I type ISTJ in my opinion for sure and also I type Vegeta ISTJ and a Si dom as well and he's one of the most stereotypical and greatest ISTJs of all time in my opinion too. Weiss is a Si dom in my opinion and is definitely an introvert and ISTJ definitely in my opinion too. She's very observant of details and remembers details and past experiences in great detail and to a huge degree. She hates risk taking and despises negative possibilities at all cost with her Ne inferior function. She has a good grip on her Fi ter and inner values for the most part, we see her go against her family and how they are and feel very strongly about the massive disconnect with them with her Fi tertiary function. He Te aux is obvious but is definitely second to her Si dom in my opinion. She cares a lot about efficiency and Te but not so much that she's an ESTJ at all, she uses Te a lot but sparingly, Te aux is a perfect position for Weiss for sure, she's ISTJ in my opinion no doubt I feel. I definitely see her as a Si dom and then Te aux second for Weiss as an ISTJ in my opinion.

Blake - INFJ, Ok now onto. Now I'm fully open on this one. To me Blake always came across logical and wandering and apathetic emotionally to things, I never got an INFJ vibe with her like some people see. I definitely type Hohenheim INFJ and disagree with INTP typings strongly in my opinion for Fullmetal Alchemist. But for Blake idk its up in the air, I can see INFJ but INTP feels more right to but I don't know. These two types are very similar and get mixed up a lot so in the end let's talk about and discuss what people think on her. INTP or INFJ which do people think more and why, lets do it haha.

Edit, I changed my opinion but I'll still keep my INTP post above here for people to read, read down below for why I changed and convinced INFJ now after all.

Nora - ENFP, this girl is also the ENFP stereotype like Ruby in my opinion. Very curious, imaginative, quirky, happy go lucky, naive, innocent, a bit crude at times but amusing and fun obsessed, funny, laid back, idealistic, the whole ENFP descriptions and essay you write out when you type a ENFP character. She's definitely ENFP, no other type makes sense to me with her.

Pyrrha - ISFJ, very duty based and rule oriented and focused on honor and tradition and rules again with her Si. Remembers details to a huge degree and very emotional sympathetic towards others and makes a great leader and is very calm and introverted and level headed character. Perfect Si dom and Fe aux with her.

Sun - ESFP, very in the moment and responds to details with his senses a lot and hands on kind of guy. Follows his inner values and has a heart of gold, typical awesome ESFP guy and a great character at that too. I definitely type this guy ESFP for sure in my opinion.

I'll post more characters as I comeback to this series and remember and analyze them again as rewatch the series more again in the future.

And if your a Dragon Ball fan and interested on why I type Vegeta ISTJ then check out my posts here down below:

My Vegeta ISTJ and Si dom post:

Vegeta (ISTJ) - One of the Greatest ISTJs of all time, Dragon Ball Z MBTI : mbti

My ISTJ Anime Characters post I did recently:

ISTJ Anime Characters : ISTJ

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure if I shared my opinions on RWBY or not, I probably did but forgot but anyways here's my opinions.

I also did a short RWBY MBTI post awhile back so you can check those opinions out there if you want on this as well. Here's the link down below:

RWBY characters MBTI : RWBY

RWBY character types and my opinions:

Ruby - ENFP, I can see why people think INFP at times but she's really just your typical ENFP who thinks there an introvert. In my opinion she definitely uses Ne more often and acts like a more silly happy go lucky ENFP and extrovert majority of the time and just introverts with and into her Fi often when necessary and she feels strongly about things and her NF idealism she cares and worries about. So yeah that's my opinion on her, short opinion. I'll prob make a post on her in the future, but far future since I have other characters I'm working on, I literally just reposted my Gon Freecss ENFP reddit post opinion here again. And I'm working on Sokka ENTP post, Luffy ENFP post, Law for INTJ, and Doflamingo for ENTP and more. I have a lot on my plate haha, so a fully in depth Ruby post will come but in the far future most likely.

Yang - ESFP, She's responds to details in the moment and is very physical and hands on. N types and Ne users can be physical and love physical activity too, Ne users love physical activities and ENFPs and ENTPs are both very good at physical activity, sports, and many different activities and ususally have many different interests and strengths. But in this case Yang is definitely a Se user is in general fits the stereotype of Se and being physical even if Ne users can love physical things too. She lives in the moment and loves responding to details in the moment quickly with her Se, she follows her heart and inner values and can be quite efficient at times with her Te ter as well. Struggles with Ni and planning and thinking about the long term future and sometimes rages with her Se, Fi and Te and says things she didn't mean and regrets and does things not intended at first with her Se impulsiveness.

Cool, I like how you back up your opinions pretty well. These both seem reasonable.

Weiss - ISTJ, people seem to mix up ISTJs with ESTJ nowadays like Hermoine who I type ISTJ in my opinion for sure and also I type Vegeta ISTJ and a Si dom as well and he's one of the most stereotypical and greatest ISTJs of all time in my opinion too. Weiss is a Si dom in my opinion and is definitely an introvert and ISTJ definitely in my opinion too. She's very observant of details and remembers details and past experiences in great detail and to a huge degree. She hates risk taking and despises negative possibilities at all cost with her Ne inferior function. She has a good grip on her Fi ter and inner values for the most part, we see her go against her family and how they are and feel very strongly about the massive disconnect with them with her Fi tertiary function. He Te aux is obvious but is definitely second to her Si dom in my opinion. She cares a lot about efficiency and Te but not so much that she's an ESTJ at all, she uses Te a lot but sparingly, Te aux is a perfect position for Weiss for sure, she's ISTJ in my opinion no doubt I feel. I definitely see her as a Si dom and then Te aux second for Weiss as an ISTJ in my opinion.

She's so Tert Fi. I've been convinced that she's ISTJ for a while.

Blake - INTP, Ok now onto. Now I'm fully open on this one. To me Blake always came across logical and wandering and apathetic emotionally to things, I never got an INFJ vibe with her like some people see. I definitely type Hohenheim INFJ and disagree with INTP typings strongly in my opinion for Fullmetal Alchemist. But for Blake idk its up in the air, I can see INFJ but INTP feels more right to but I don't know. These two types are very similar and get mixed up a lot so in the end let's talk about and discuss what people think on her. INTP or INFJ which do people think more and why, lets do it haha.

This is the type you've suggested that I agree least with. I typed her as INFJ, but I'm actually turning toward the opinion that she might even be an ISFP. I think either of these types can also be logical (yeah, ISFP isn't typically logical, but due to other influences i.e. enneagram she would be), wandering, and emotionally apathetic.

I originally typed her as Fe-aux because she obviously cares about the state of the world around her, but I think I've been mistaken. Her emphasis on social groups and such is definitely more sp/so. I think she may be a Fi-dom because she processes the world through what's fair and holds justice, through her own system of morals. Her decisions appear to be more morally based than logically based. Analytical Fi users tend to appear like Ts.

I'd like to discuss this further, however. Why do you say she is a Ti user? And a Ne user? Blake's intuition seems more Ni-oriented to me; as I've said in an earlier post I perceive her to observe her surroundings and interpret them for deeper meaning.

Nora - ENFP, this girl is also the ENFP stereotype like Ruby in my opinion. Very curious, imaginative, quirky, happy go lucky, naive, innocent, a bit crude at times but amusing and fun obsessed, funny, laid back, idealistic, the whole ENFP descriptions and essay you write out when you type a ENFP character. She's definitely ENFP, no other type makes sense to me with her.

All these things can apply to an ESFP. I'm not sure about her type but I don't think that's enough reason to dismiss the possibility of her being an ESFP.

Pyrrha - ISFJ, very duty based and rule oriented and focused on honor and tradition and rules again with her Si. Remembers details to a huge degree and very emotional sympathetic towards others and makes a great leader and is very calm and introverted and level headed character. Perfect Si dom and Fe aux with her.

Yes, she's obvious.

Sun - ESFP, very in the moment and responds to details with his senses a lot and hands on kind of guy. Follows his inner values and has a heart of gold, typical awesome ESFP guy and a great character at that too. I definitely type this guy ESFP for sure in my opinion.

Yeah, I like him as well and this makes sense.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Cool, I like how you back up your opinions pretty well. These both seem reasonable.

She's so Tert Fi. I've been convinced that she's ISTJ for a while.

This is the type you've suggested that I agree least with. I typed her as INFJ, but I'm actually turning toward the opinion that she might even be an ISFP. I think either of these types can also be logical (yeah, ISFP isn't typically logical, but due to other influences i.e. enneagram she would be), wandering, and emotionally apathetic.

I originally typed her as Fe-aux because she obviously cares about the state of the world around her, but I think I've been mistaken. Her emphasis on social groups and such is definitely more sp/so. I think she may be a Fi-dom because she processes the world through what's fair and holds justice, through her own system of morals. Her decisions appear to be more morally based than logically based. Analytical Fi users tend to appear like Ts.

I'd like to discuss this further, however. Why do you say she is a Ti user? And a Ne user? Blake's intuition seems more Ni-oriented to me; as I've said in an earlier post I perceive her to observe her surroundings and interpret them for deeper meaning.

All these things can apply to an ESFP. I'm not sure about her type but I don't think that's enough reason to dismiss the possibility of her being an ESFP.

Yes, she's obvious.

Yeah, I like him as well and this makes sense.

Awesome post and response and yeah I truly think in my opinion and many others Ruby is ENFP and an introverted one which is extremely common with ENFPs. Her Ne curiosity and happy go lucky postive nature and imagination takes precedence over her Fi strong feelings. We just see Ruby strong feelings a lot for an ENFP and use her Fi inner values to worry about things and NF idealism but really she's still ENFP just introverting into her Fi and NF idealism a lot. She fools people into thinking she's an Fi dom but if you look at her character she acts nothing like one in my opinion and is very ENFP way more often in general, definitely a Ne dom for Ruby and curious and happy and fun ENFP. And yeah Yang is definitely ESFP lol.

And no, Blake is definitely an Fe user. She reads people's emotions and emotional state a lot and seems to care for society values, people get confused on the nuance between Fi and Fe, Fe user also get strong feelings about things. Think INFJs like Elsa if you agree on that typing, if Blake is actually INFJ like people say then that would explain it. INFJs like myself get strong feelings about things and care a lot about justice and what they believe, its still society based Fe though. A good example of this is Deku who's INFJ. Follows his heart and values and what he feels is right but still a Fe user and thinks of society values, is community oriented, emotionally supportive a lot with his Fe and reads people's emotional state all the time. I guess she's INFJ after all, I'll go edit my post lol.

Nah Nora is definitely ENFP in my opinion, she doesn't care for details in the moment with Se and she's more curious, future oriented, and imaginative with Ne and asks a lot of Ne questions as well too. Ruby and Nora act just alike except Ruby has more grip on her Fi and she's the MC so she has more depth as well too.

blackSail

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which of your typings have changed?

Actually, since i saw you talked about her in another post, Blake is one of them. She was kinda hard to type overall. At first i thought she was the INTP anti-social stereotype. Then, as i moved further into the series I thought INFJ. Now, like you, i'm considering ISFP might be a better fit since I don't see that much Ni anymore in later seasons and i don't think it's a stretch for her to be an Fi user instead of a Fe user.

Also typed Jaune as a 3w2 (I was obviously wrong but he did give off that impression during the Beacon arc) and Ren as an ISTJ. Now i've kind of changed my mind about Ren. I think Fe-inferior might be a better fit for him but i can't tell for sure. Besides the fact that he isn't the most well developed character in the show, he's also not very expressive it's really hard to get a grasp of his personality. For enneagram 9w1 might work?

Oh man, Watts and Hazel were among the most boring characters on the show. Watts seems like some boring ass ISTJ, and I legitimately don't remember anything that Hazel did. What do you think?

Hazel is pretty much impossible to type right now, but i'd throw 9w8 out there as an enneagram guess. Watts did get a little more time to shine in v7, but he didn't shine all that brightly imo. I suppose ISTJ works. Idk.

To be fair, they ARE pretty boring, i just couldn't think of any other characters that haven't been typed yet. I mean, Sun and Neptune? Sun seems like an ESFP 7w8 and Neptune could be an ExTP i guess. Glynda? She's a one-dimensional character and a pretty obvious xSTJ. probably 1w9. The other students we saw at Beacon like team CFVY (i think that was their name?the "cool" guys with coco and velvet i think) barely got any screen time. Though i did hear they got a book which i might read if i'm bored enough and i find it for free.

I'm not caught up and haven't watched Volume 7, so I can't give feedback about the Ace Ops yet. I'm going to hold back from typing Penny and Winter until I watch that season as well. Penny seemed high in Ne and Fe in her first life (ESFJ? ENFP with good Fe?), and possibly a 279 in terms of tritype, she was very positive outlook.

Oh, okay, i didn't know you havent watched v7. The main reason why i asked about the Atlas crew is because there is this trend where people type anyone that is loyal to a person/organization like the military as 6s. In this case it might be right even though the characters seem very different on the surface (and they haven't really been that developed which is fair i guess, they only had one volume). I just thought, since you did say you love your 6s, you might have some opinions on the subject.

Yeah, can't see anything but a 279 tritype working for Penny. 2w1 core maybe? And a Ne user for sure. I'd go with ENFP, but i think i see more Fe than Fi and it confuses me.

Jaune's enneagram was very clear but his MBTI wasn't. I think he's on the Si/Ne axis, though. I actually do see Si in him, but I have a hard time explaining why. I don't see any indication of Ni or Se whatsoever. I think ESFJ works okay for him. Do you have any guesses?
If not ENFJ, then ESFJ for sure.

blackSail

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awesome post and response and yeah I truly think in my opinion and many others Ruby is ENFP and an introverted one which is extremely common with ENFPs. Her Ne curiosity and happy go lucky postive nature and imagination takes precedence over her Fi strong feelings. We just see Ruby strong feelings a lot for an ENFP and use her Fi inner values to worry about things and NF idealism but really she's still ENFP just introverting into her Fi and NF idealism a lot. She fools people into thinking she's an Fi dom but if you look at her character she acts nothing like one in my opinion and is very ENFP way more often in general, definitely a Ne dom for Ruby and curious and happy and fun ENFP. And yeah Yang is definitely ESFP lol.

You might be right about this. Honestly the main reason why i'm leaning toward ENFP for Ruby is that i think her Te>Si. But then again, introverted functions can be harder to spot.

no, Blake is definitely an Fe user. She reads people's emotions and emotional state a lot and seems to care for society values, people get confused on the nuance between Fi and Fe, Fe user also get strong feelings about things. Think INFJs like Elsa if you agree on that typing, if Blake is actually INFJ like people say then that would explain it. INFJs like myself get strong feelings about things and care a lot about justice and what they believe, its still society based Fe though. A good example of this is Deku who's INFJ. Follows his heart and values and what he feels is right but still a Fe user and thinks of society values, is community oriented, emotionally supportive a lot with his Fe and reads people's emotional state all the time. I guess she's INFJ after all, I'll go edit my post lol.

Yeah, you're right Fe-users also get strong feelings about things ofc. Anybody can get strong feelings about things no matter their type. But at the same time, Fi users make judgements based on their own values but that doesn't mean they don't care about justice and can't be preoccupied with society values. Especially if it directly affects them, which in Blake's case, it does. So, i'm not sure about this

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You might be right about this. Honestly the main reason why i'm leaning toward ENFP for Ruby is that i think her Te>Si. But then again, introverted functions can be harder to spot.

Yeah, you're right Fe-users also get strong feelings about things ofc. Anybody can get strong feelings about things no matter their type. But at the same time, Fi users make judgements based on their own values but that doesn't mean they don't care about justice and can't be preoccupied with society values. Especially if it directly affects them, which in Blake's case, it does. So, i'm not sure about this

She seems to future oriented to be a Se user too. And I fully think Ruby is ENFP for sure no doubt. Fi users love justice and can care about society values. But society values and social norms isn't there thing at all in general, Fe is more associated with that. Along with Si of course, which is a lookalike function to Fe.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah. I typed Ruby as ENFP and then switched to INFP after a while because of her strong Fi. But you know what, I think I'll go back to ENFP. Even if her Ne and Fi are close (and she does have a lot of Ne), her Te obviously takes precedence over her Si; I agree with Blacksail about that.

And no, Blake is definitely an Fe user. She reads people's emotions and emotional state a lot and seems to care for society values, people get confused on the nuance between Fi and Fe, Fe user also get strong feelings about things. Think INFJs like Elsa if you agree on that typing, if Blake is actually INFJ like people say then that would explain it. INFJs like myself get strong feelings about things and care a lot about justice and what they believe, its still society based Fe though. A good example of this is Deku who's INFJ. Follows his heart and values and what he feels is right but still a Fe user and thinks of society values, is community oriented, emotionally supportive a lot with his Fe and reads people's emotional state all the time. I guess she's INFJ after all, I'll go edit my post lol.

Okay, I do agree with Blake as an INFJ then. The Elsa comparison pretty much cements it. Glad we could discuss it.

Nah Nora is definitely ENFP in my opinion, she doesn't care for details in the moment with Se and she's more curious, future oriented, and imaginative with Ne and asks a lot of Ne questions as well too. Ruby and Nora act just alike except Ruby has more grip on her Fi and she's the MC so she has more depth as well too.

That's fair.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, since i saw you talked about her in another post, Blake is one of them. She was kinda hard to type overall. At first i thought she was the INTP anti-social stereotype. Then, as i moved further into the series I thought INFJ. Now, like you, i'm considering ISFP might be a better fit since I don't see that much Ni anymore in later seasons and i don't think it's a stretch for her to be an Fi user instead of a Fe user.

Yeah, I agree with this as well. It's a tough one. I don't really think that her Ni has disappeared in future episodes, but I am doubtful that she is a Se-inferior.

Also typed Jaune as a 3w2 (I was obviously wrong but he did give off that impression during the Beacon arc) and Ren as an ISTJ. Now i've kind of changed my mind about Ren. I think Fe-inferior might be a better fit for him but i can't tell for sure. Besides the fact that he isn't the most well developed character in the show, he's also not very expressive it's really hard to get a grasp of his personality. For enneagram 9w1 might work?

If not ENFJ, then ESFJ for sure.

I think most of us would have typed Jaune as a 3 after that Beacon arc. In hindsight, I think that's pretty clear disintegration. Do you think that he is ENFJ?

I agree about Ren being more likely Fe-inferior, actually. Compare him to ISTJ Weiss and he obviously has no Tert-Fi. 9 sounds perfect. He's definitely withdrawn, I'm thinking that works better than 5 at this point.

Hazel is pretty much impossible to type right now, but i'd throw 9w8 out there as an enneagram guess. Watts did get a little more time to shine in v7, but he didn't shine all that brightly imo. I suppose ISTJ works. Idk.

To be fair, they ARE pretty boring, i just couldn't think of any other characters that haven't been typed yet. I mean, Sun and Neptune? Sun seems like an ESFP 7w8 and Neptune could be an ExTP i guess. Glynda? She's a one-dimensional character and a pretty obvious xSTJ. probably 1w9. The other students we saw at Beacon like team CFVY (i think that was their name?the "cool" guys with coco and velvet i think) barely got any screen time. Though i did hear they got a book which i might read if i'm bored enough and i find it for free.

Oh, okay, i didn't know you havent watched v7. The main reason why i asked about the Atlas crew is because there is this trend where people type anyone that is loyal to a person/organization like the military as 6s. In this case it might be right even though the characters seem very different on the surface (and they haven't really been that developed which is fair i guess, they only had one volume). I just thought, since you did say you love your 6s, you might have some opinions on the subject.

Yeah, I think we skimmed over Sun. ESFP 7w8 sounds like the best option. I think he's a 379 tritype.

Yeah, Glynda's obviously a 1w9. I had her as ISTJ with a 135 or 136 tritype. I also doubt they'll get into her very much in the future.

I typed Velvet as an ISFP 469 but that typing is superficial as they'd never dove into her character. Maybe I will read the book as well if I can find it for free, in an attempt to verify or disprove that opinion.

Yeah, can't see anything but a 279 tritype working for Penny. 2w1 core maybe? And a Ne user for sure. I'd go with ENFP, but i think i see more Fe than Fi and it confuses me.

Yeah, 2 core sounds most reasonable. I think I see Fe the most in her, so I'd probably type her as ESFJ. I don't think that her Si is too bad even though she appears more Ne. Does she change in Volume 7 or is she pretty much the same?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is an interesting take, do you have any examples to point to for her reading peoples emotional states because I really didn't get that from her at all, but it doesn't seem drastically far fetched. It's worth noting that social values focus is not really the line between Fi and Fe (though I won't reiterate what black sail said). This is a kind of shitty example, but think of the "social justice warrior" stereotype, for example and how that typically associated with high Fi or the rigidity of the stereotypical ISTJ attached to social norms. Of course, we can again recall these are stereotypes and not the same for every member of these types or even exclusive to them, but it's worth noting that they do exist for a reason.

In addition, I don't really see that much high Ni from her. Despite her withdrawn nature and ethics focus, Blake seems relatively active and adaptive in the moment. Her methods for creating change seem to be physical and tangible (ie. joining Adams group and being a fighter, becoming a Huntress, not thinking of the long term consequences of evading team RWBY, though you can argue that's just an unhealthy coping mechanism). There is no reference of her character being abstract. It isn't until some of the more recent seasons that we see Blake building a vision of her own in order to help the Faunists, as most of her previous plans were more so general or based upon her connection to ethics and her personal struggle as a faunist herself (which I'd argue is just a trait of high F, likely Fi in her case but I'm not 100% sure).

To clarify, I'm not 100% sure of her type either, I think Blake is a hard one to type, but at the moment at least I'm still thinking ISFP is more likely.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. I typed Ruby as ENFP and then switched to INFP after a while because of her strong Fi. But you know what, I think I'll go back to ENFP. Even if her Ne and Fi are close (and she does have a lot of Ne), her Te obviously takes precedence over her Si; I agree with Blacksail about that.

Okay, I do agree with Blake as an INFJ then. The Elsa comparison pretty much cements it. Glad we could discuss it.

That's fair.

Blake is a very logical, and brooding, mean and unemotional acting INFJ, haha. If any of that made any sense.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is an interesting take, do you have any examples to point to for her reading peoples emotional states because I really didn't get that from her at all, but it doesn't seem drastically far fetched. It's worth noting that social values focus is not really the line between Fi and Fe (though I won't reiterate what black sail said). This is a kind of shitty example, but think of the "social justice warrior" stereotype, for example and how that typically associated with high Fi or the rigidity of the stereotypical ISTJ attached to social norms. Of course, we can again recall these are stereotypes and not the same for every member of these types or even exclusive to them, but it's worth noting that they do exist for a reason.

In addition, I don't really see that much high Ni from her. Despite her withdrawn nature and ethics focus, Blake seems relatively active and adaptive in the moment. Her methods for creating change seem to be physical and tangible (ie. joining Adams group and being a fighter, becoming a Huntress, not thinking of the long term consequences of evading team RWBY, though you can argue that's just an unhealthy coping mechanism). There is no reference of her character being abstract. It isn't until some of the more recent seasons that we see Blake building a vision of her own in order to help the Faunists, as most of her previous plans were more so general or based upon her connection to ethics and her personal struggle as a faunist herself (which I'd argue is just a trait of high F, likely Fi in her case but I'm not 100% sure).

To clarify, I'm not 100% sure of her type either, I think Blake is a hard one to type, but at the moment at least I'm still thinking ISFP is more likely.

Great points, my argument again is I'll post why INFJ on rewatch. ISFP doesn't feel right to me for her personally but we can debate it for sure no doubt. Her intuition definitely seems high though and she's always in her head thinking about something she cares about in her mind versus being in the moment responding to details. Also you should know I'm not a huge fan of using "physical" as Se arguments, I think its stereotype and not always true. Luffy fights with his fist but is a imaginative and future oriented Ne user and ENFP, he's curious about everything and asks Ne curiosity questions all the time and his Ne makes him think of the next future adventure and fight creatively and abstract with his rubber powers, and he's a physical fist fighter but still Ne dom. I could use those same arguements for Goku another ENFP in my opinion. Sorry again like you said if the comparison wasn't 1 to 1 since you said physical goals and I brought up fighting style but my point was sometimes Ne users or other types do physical things or have physical goals too. Its not just Se user, Se is about responding to details in the moment and paying attention to details around you, so you would have to prove that part in your argument instead and I would have to prove she struggles with this to prove my point she's a Se inferior user now as INFJ. That's my opinion on that for Se in her. And again I can bring up Fe examples once I rewatch, man I have so many shows to see now. A guy wants me to prove why Korra is ESTP, I got a lot on my plate, you guys are killing me here, haha. Its like a full time job lol, haha.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Also here's a ISFP anime characters thread I made to compare ISFPs I see personally. I'll probably do ISTP tomorrow and INFJ soon along with ENTP last to end it off:

ISFP Anime Characters : isfp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blake is a very logical, and brooding, mean and unemotional acting INFJ, haha. If any of that made any sense.

I've met a logical and aloof INFJ online, who had very developed Ti to the point his Fe wasn't usually evident, but I could see it working in the background if I really thought about it. Blake vibes kind of similarly.

Great points, my argument again is I'll post why INFJ on rewatch. ISFP doesn't feel right to me for her personally but we can debate it for sure no doubt. Her intuition definitely seems high though and she's always in her head thinking about something she cares about in her mind versus being in the moment responding to details. Also you should know I'm not a huge fan of using "physical" as Se arguments, I think its stereotype and not always true. Luffy fights with his fist but is a imaginative and future oriented Ne user and ENFP, he's curious about everything and asks Ne curiosity questions all the time and his Ne makes him think of the next future adventure and fight creatively and abstract with his rubber powers, and he's a physical fist fighter but still Ne dom. I could use those same arguements for Goku another ENFP in my opinion. Sorry again like you said if the comparison wasn't 1 to 1 since you said physical goals and I brought up fighting style but my point was sometimes Ne users or other types do physical things or have physical goals too. Its not just Se user, Se is about responding to details in the moment and paying attention to details around you, so you would have to prove that part in your argument instead and I would have to prove she struggles with this to prove my point she's a Se inferior user now as INFJ. That's my opinion on that for Se in her. And again I can bring up Fe examples once I rewatch, man I have so many shows to see now. A guy wants me to prove why Korra is ESTP, I got a lot on my plate, you guys are killing me here, haha. Its like a full time job lol, haha.

I'm also not sure of her type but ISFP is somewhat weird for her in my opinion as well. That's why I've been having her as INFJ for most of my time watching her.

About what you've said, I've noticed some likely ISFPs mistype as INFPs because of what I bolded. They kinda feel intuitive because they're thinking about what they care about in their mind (Fi), which comes before they are in the moment and responding to details. Bad example since I'm not famous and you know nearly nothing about me, but currently I type as ISTP and most people think I'm ISxP when looking into my functions; however, I can vibe intuitively because I'm always in my head first, processing everything in my own terms. I'm just trying to say that most introverted functions would do that anyway even if not intuitive.

However, I agree with you that I don't like "physical" as a Se argument and intuitives can have physical goals as well. Luffy is a pretty good example (although I don't really watch One Piece so I wouldn't be able to go into much detail with that type). I kind of want to rewatch to see if I can point out any high Fe examples (I do intend to watch Volume 7 soon though, maybe I'll find something there) but I'm swamped with other stuff in the long run.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've met a logical and aloof INFJ online, who had very developed Ti to the point his Fe wasn't usually evident, but I could see it working in the background if I really thought about it. Blake vibes kind of similarly.

I'm also not sure of her type but ISFP is somewhat weird for her in my opinion as well. That's why I've been having her as INFJ for most of my time watching her.

About what you've said, I've noticed some likely ISFPs mistype as INFPs because of what I bolded. They kinda feel intuitive because they're thinking about what they care about in their mind (Fi), which comes before they are in the moment and responding to details. Bad example since I'm not famous and you know nearly nothing about me, but currently I type as ISTP and most people think I'm ISxP when looking into my functions; however, I can vibe intuitively because I'm always in my head first, processing everything in my own terms. I'm just trying to say that most introverted functions would do that anyway even if not intuitive.

However, I agree with you that I don't like "physical" as a Se argument and intuitives can have physical goals as well. Luffy is a pretty good example (although I don't really watch One Piece so I wouldn't be able to go into much detail with that type). I kind of want to rewatch to see if I can point out any high Fe examples (I do intend to watch Volume 7 soon though, maybe I'll find something there) but I'm swamped with other stuff in the long run.

Well actually my angle rather, thinking about what they care about in their head is intuition functions rather, Ni and Ne do this both, because their percieving functions and ideas is how they take in information, possibility and ideas in their mind = Ni and Ne, Ni is just more narrow, faster conclusions, and focusing, less possibilities, Ne brainstorming all possibilities, and Ne ALSO cares about the external world like Se since extroverted percieving functions care about how the take in information from the external world whether it'd be responding details in the moment with their 5 sense Se or for Ne with ideas, things and objects they see in the outer world with their curiosity Ne, and possibilities they see for objects in the outer world and real world around them and during the experiences there in, Ne users see things around them and use their Ne imagination from the things they see to do new things examples is:

Luffy Ne curiosity sees Genzo's pinwheel hat. Luffy "Huh!? Why does that guy have a pinwheel on his head?" Starts imagining about it "So Cool!" Luffy wonder and humor lol. Remembers the detail with his Si and sits down a brainstorms with his Ne about it and is still thinking about the Pinwheel hat, Ne in luffy brainstorms some more "Hey! I just thought of a new move!" Ne and Si moment in Luffy which gave him the Ne idea for Gum Gum Pinwheel later on with his Ne after the past experience and remembering with his Si about the Pinwheel hat which led to the new Ne idea for a new attack Gum Gum Pinwheel. Luffy comes up with new Ne attacks on the spot all time even after this and then does the Pinwheel Ne Si inspiration method scene again with Gear 2nd, he learns it exactly the same way with his Si experience of seeing CP9 use Soru/Shave and also seeing the pattern of their movements with his Ne and Si, his Si remembered it again it their techniques and seeing Soru close up to him after watching Lucci do it and trying to Finger pistol him but failing cause he's a rubberman, after this experience and Luffy remembering the detail with his Si, he Ne gets another new idea and inspiration yet again and he learns Gear 2nd inspired off their attacks he saw in the past. Which leads to the story moment and speech of I'm glad I met you guys when I did, Si in Luffy here with remembering that past detail and it affecting his future decision making and recollecting his past experiences up to this point of losing to strong guys like Aokiji and now you guys and remember the CP9s techniques for inspiration on this new Ne idea move, Gear 2nd. Sorry I'm writing a Luffy post soon with my ISFJ friend and he's my fav char so I got in the zone talking about him especially since I haven't done so in years since my old personalitycafe post back then in high school, haha.

Introverted Intuition vs Extroverted Intuition | Talent Insights.

Extraverted Intuition (Ne): An Inside Look

Another last examples to give from another series, Dragon Ball:

Goku brainstorming what to do in the Namu fight, "I got just got a great idea! Comes up with a spinning attack move on the spot with his Ne, and this almost worked and pushed Namu out the ring, but Goku got tired the last second lol. Goku doing a luffy moment above, seeing drunken fist and after this past experience and detail comes up with two new fighting styles with his Ne on the spot based on what he saw from Jackie Chun's drunken style earlier with his Si. His two new Ne ideas for new fighting styles were Mad Dog in the manga and Crazy Monkey technique from the anime and manga both. He also brainstormed what to do at the start of the Namu fight with his Ne and said "Wait, why don't I try that move Jackie used earlier with his Si detail memory, and then intuitively learned the Afterimage technique after seeing it once just like how he learned the Kameha wave the same way his Ne intuition and after seeing Master Roshi do it once with his Si in the past to destroy the fire, Goku also innovated the Afterimage technique with his Ne and came up with the idea moments later to improve the attack on the spot and created the Triple afterimage technique all by himself after just learning this new attack with his intuition for the first time earlier and now coming up with the Ne idea to improve it to the next stage already. Goku falls down from Piccolo hitting him to the ground hard, he comes up with the idea on the spot for Feet Kameha with his Ne during his experience in the fight. Same Ne moment with the idea of combining Instant Transmission and he Kamehameha into one new move and attack/new innovative way to do an old attack and make it new and unpredictable now as we saw with him fooling the others and Cell. Goku remembering a past to detail with his Si that helped him when fighting the Muscle tower monster and remembering that the red haired girl said on how the cold hardens things with his Si and then getting the Ne idea to break the wall down and use the Snow to freeze him and the monster, and this is all coming from Goku not knowing what snow or cold was before and asking about what snow is and cold and frozen mean with his Ne curiosity from before again. Goku also remembering past experiences with Gohan using his Si and after the last Si experience in the chamber and seeing his power again, seeing the possibility and potential in Gohan of having a limitless hidden power in him with Goku's Ne. Remembering Bulma told him long ago with his Si that bad guys are drawn to him and him remembering this and thinking its true and that he has a feeling with his Ne that the future of the Earth will be safer if he stays dead but on what Bulma told him here in the past that he remembers with his Si. His Ne focusing on future generations in the Buu saga with Goten and trunks and the future again in general like the end of Cell as I mentioned earlier. His Si also saw how strong they were in the past watching them fight in the tournament and seeing how strong they become, which gave his Ne more confidence with betting on them and taking the risk putting the future of the earth in their hands since its still risky and his Ne was indecisive if its the right choice, but his Si observation of them in the past led to believe his decision in trusting in them and and to leave it to them for protecting the earths future against possible potential future threats and bad guys that may come one day in the future to destroy the earth again like Buu, since he thinks its possible a new thread will always show up again with his Ne and he knows he won't be around anymore all the time in the future to keep saving everyone himself.

Sorry, I just wanted to explain some of my Ne and even Si thought processing with some examples from other series and characters as a example of how my thinks of some of the functions and how I analyze and also the research I also learned of too through the years. I see what you mean with Fi but its more so Fi feels strongly about things with there inner emotions, its a judging function not a perceiving function thats about how they take in information in the world like Ne and Ni do. Fi gets strong emotions about things and worries about them strongly, I guess I can see how that can be interpreted of being in your head since your worrying emotionally about something that bothers you. But I think of it more like an Fi user will grip there heart and feel a strong inner emotion about something and be sensitive like INFPs like Chopper, imo Hinata, Gohan INFP and so on. Chouji ISFP, Zuko ISFP from avatar, Zuko "I don't even know the difference between right and wrong anymore..." Fi dom line in Zuko for sure. It can definitely look like both the intuition functions with being in your head and he is in his head thinking about his values and if he's doing the right thing but Fi inherently isn't a thinking in your head function persay but more so thinking of your own personal feelings and values a lot and focusing on what your heart feels and trying to process and understand all the deep and strong inner values and feelings you have all the time. But Ni and Ne are in their thoughts traditionally and less in touch with reality a bit more, Ne is more in touch with reality because its an extroverted function again and is curious about everything and objects around him and always asking what if and "What's that? What could that be? Why? Why is that the way it is? What if I tried do things based on this thing I see or saw!?" And so on like with the examples I mentioned above of Luffy and Goku on the Ne and Si axis and getting inspirations on details, past experiences, and details they've seen in the external world that give them inspiration for new ideas with their Ne and new attacks.

Ni is always in its head thinking about things and out of touch with the sensory world and details, like INFJs like Deku, Elsa, INTJs like Nico Robin always thinking of the future and what's going on behind the scenes with her Ni dom and not being in the moment at all Se inferior in her.

Also you must have meant Ne cause Luffy is DEFINITELY not a Fe user, haha. No way, Fi aux is everything to Luffy lol. In my opinion Fe doms are Sanji and Nami. My opinion Sanji ENFJ and Nami ESFJ, I made posts on them both already down below:

My Sanji ENFJ post:

Sanji (ENFJ) - One Piece MBTI, Why he'''s an Fe dom and not a Te user or Si user : mbti

My Nami ESFJ post:

Nami (ESFJ) - One Piece MBTI Typing, Why Nami is an Fe dom and not a Te dom : mbti

Last edited:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

That's more than reasonable honestly, I guess I didn't make my argument super clear honestly so I get why you took it in the way you did. My argument wasn't that she was physical, it was that her focus way grounded and set in reality. I'd agree that Ne doms can be relatively physically apt, (I didn't watch dragon ball, so I can't say if I actually agree with you or not on your examples), as being physically active and apt doesn't have much to do with type, especially in a show focused on fighting (although in the same light, creativity is no indicator of N). The weakness of Ni is de-realism and over-idealism, because it lacks attention to the physical reality and tangible action. When I referenced her methods of creating change being physical and tangible, I meant that her focus is concrete and general. Adam was the ones making the plans, she was a catalyst for action. She became a huntress to gain physical strength and ability to help the faunists (and avoid her past), but never has a concrete plan of action, she seems to act on impulse and emotion.

There's no need to respond to this btw, I realize you wanted to wait on your argument till after your rewatch, I just wanted to clarify my argument. Again, I don't think INFJ is farfetched either, just atm I'm leaning towards ISFP.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That's more than reasonable honestly, I guess I didn't make my argument super clear honestly so I get why you took it in the way you did. My argument wasn't that she was physical, it was that her focus way grounded and set in reality. I'd agree that Ne doms can be relatively physically apt, (I didn't watch dragon ball, so I can't say if I actually agree with you or not on your examples), as being physically active and apt doesn't have much to do with type, especially in a show focused on fighting (although in the same light, creativity is no indicator of N). The weakness of Ni is de-realism and over-idealism, because it lacks attention to the physical reality and tangible action. When I referenced her methods of creating change being physical and tangible, I meant that her focus is concrete and general. Adam was the ones making the plans, she was a catalyst for action. She became a huntress to gain physical strength and ability to help the faunists (and avoid her past), but never has a concrete plan of action, she seems to act on impulse and emotion.

There's no need to respond to this btw, I realize you wanted to wait on your argument till after your rewatch, I just wanted to clarify my argument. Again, I don't think INFJ is farfetched either, just atm I'm leaning towards ISFP.

I see thanks for clarifying, when I read that an arguement for INFJ came to mind, the inferior function I always see as something your bad at and still good it because its in your main function stack. So you could say she's acting on impulse in unhealthy ways with Se inferior but in your case your saying she acts on impulse often for ISFP, so its an interesting debate we have here. And yeah Se and Ne can both creative agree in their own ways, but seeing multiples possibilities in a scenario and coming up with ideas on the spot is Ne, especially if the idea is linked to a previous Si detail or experience like I mentioned in my examples above. Sometimes the Ne user just comes up with an idea based on the situation there Si is experiencing too and then comes up with an idea that way. I only gave brief points here, I have an entire Goku ENFP post I made awhile back to argue explain why I type him that way in depth with way more points than I brought up here in this post and comments of this thread, if anyone wants to see it I can link to it anytime.

Also never seen Dragon Ball, *gasps* What are you doing with your life!? Dragon Ball in Japanese is available on Hulu now or Funimation and DBZ Kai is available in English too, to watch any time.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Sorry for these typos, it must have been embarrasing to read, I fixed some of them above.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Also if you want we can trade anime or something like I do with my friends, you can read/watch Dragon Ball and I watch or do something you want me to do.