• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of various female actresses

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agree on Jolie, need convincing on NK. There was agreement on INFJ on the NK thread.

Here is a quick argument for Nicole Kidman being an ISFP:
The only type patient and placated enough to handle an extensive exposure to a batshit crazy ENFJ (Tom Cruise) has to be an ISFP.

Yes, I am convinced that Katie Holmes is an ISFP too.

Also, if Brad Pitt manages to stay married for two or more years to Angelina Jolie, he also will be deemed an ISFP in my eyes.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone care to have a go at Emma Thompson?
INTJ.

"I have a nervous breakdown in the film and in one scene I get to stand at the top of the stairs waving an empty sherry bottle which is, of course, a typical scene from my daily life, so isn't much of a stretch." -- on her role in the Harry Potter film.

"I can't stand this new culture of the instant disposable celebrity. It's all so vulgar."

"I am who I am and there is nothing I can do about that."

"I have periods of intense activity, then stop. My ideal is to work hard in the morning until I pick Gaia up from school. Just putting an empty square in my diary seems to make a space in my head, too. You have to be very good at saying no."

"'My appearance has changed a lot over the years, but it has far more to do with how I feel about being a woman. I've never thought of myself as vain. When I was at Cambridge, I shaved my head and wore baggy clothes. What I did was to desexualise myself. It was partly to do with the feminism of that time: militant and grungy. That's all changed now, though I don't think it is liberating to get your tits out. I don't hold with that. But I am much more comfortable with being a woman now than I was in my twenties."

I love her. No way that she's an ENFP. Her observational humour, self-mocking absurdist wit... it all screams INTJ. She's also an exceptionally methodical and analytical actor, much like Jodie Foster.

"Acting simply cannot be about how you look. It would be very difficult to make a film where you have to be beautiful in every shot. You have to put so much effort into it; you have to hold your head at particular angles, put the light in a certain way and I don't like acting like that. I like to act unconscious of how I look."

Also, this is completely INTJ: "But when I lose my temper, I find it difficult to forgive myself. I feel I've failed. I can be calm in a crisis, in the face of death or things that hurt badly. I don't get hysterical, which may be masochistic of me. But in small matters, I am not calm at all. My worst quality is impatience."

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Winona Ryder - INFP?

Yes

Here is a quick argument for Nicole Kidman being an ISFP:
The only type patient and placated enough to handle an extensive exposure to a batshit crazy ENFJ (Tom Cruise) has to be an ISFP.

Yes, I am convinced that Katie Holmes is an ISFP too.

Also, if Brad Pitt manages to stay married for two or more years to Angelina Jolie, he also will be deemed an ISFP in my eyes.

Tom Cruise is ISTP I thought? But maybe NK is ISFP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yes

Tom Cruise is ISTP I thought? But maybe NK is ISFP.
Kidman reminds me of Dido, temperament-wise. Just sayin'.

And yeah, I don't know what this ENFJ business for Tom Cruise is all about. I never thought he could be anything but IxTP.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kidman reminds me of Dido, temperament-wise. Just sayin'.

And yeah, I don't know what this ENFJ business for Tom Cruise is all about. I never thought he could be anything but IxTP.

... dude, he is the prophet of Scientology.

The prophet... of Scientology

ISTP? INTP? Are you f-ing kidding me?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0"]Rant[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
INTJ.

"I have a nervous breakdown in the film and in one scene I get to stand at the top of the stairs waving an empty sherry bottle which is, of course, a typical scene from my daily life, so isn't much of a stretch." -- on her role in the Harry Potter film.

"I can't stand this new culture of the instant disposable celebrity. It's all so vulgar."

"I am who I am and there is nothing I can do about that."

"I have periods of intense activity, then stop. My ideal is to work hard in the morning until I pick Gaia up from school. Just putting an empty square in my diary seems to make a space in my head, too. You have to be very good at saying no."

"'My appearance has changed a lot over the years, but it has far more to do with how I feel about being a woman. I've never thought of myself as vain. When I was at Cambridge, I shaved my head and wore baggy clothes. What I did was to desexualise myself. It was partly to do with the feminism of that time: militant and grungy. That's all changed now, though I don't think it is liberating to get your tits out. I don't hold with that. But I am much more comfortable with being a woman now than I was in my twenties."

I love her. No way that she's an ENFP. Her observational humour, self-mocking absurdist wit... it all screams INTJ. She's also an exceptionally methodical and analytical actor, much like Jodie Foster.

"Acting simply cannot be about how you look. It would be very difficult to make a film where you have to be beautiful in every shot. You have to put so much effort into it; you have to hold your head at particular angles, put the light in a certain way and I don't like acting like that. I like to act unconscious of how I look."

Also, this is completely INTJ: "But when I lose my temper, I find it difficult to forgive myself. I feel I've failed. I can be calm in a crisis, in the face of death or things that hurt badly. I don't get hysterical, which may be masochistic of me. But in small matters, I am not calm at all. My worst quality is impatience."

I'm not sure about INTJ, but I agree that she's not an ENFP. Maybe not even an NF.

[YOUTUBE="vD7tbyNrA9Q"]Emma Thompson[/YOUTUBE]

Although...

[YOUTUBE="9fjNP0oaxvg"]Emma Thompson on Ellen[/YOUTUBE]

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
... dude, he is the prophet of Scientology.

The prophet... of Scientology

ISTP? INTP? Are you f-ing kidding me?

[youtube="UFBZ_uAbxS0"]Rant[/youtube]
Okay, let me rephrase. I get the argument, but I'm not so sure I agree. It's not a single-type trait to be absorbed and indoctrinated by a religion.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, let me rephrase. I get the argument, but I'm not so sure I agree. It's not a single-type trait to be absorbed and indoctrinated by a religion.

I reckon there is a such thing as an indoctrinated ISTP and INTP, but to grab a religious dogma like that and run with it with such fervor and intensity, to dedicate your life around it, and become the beacon of it, that's no ISTP/INTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I reckon there is a such thing as an indoctrinated ISTP and INTP, but to grab a religious dogma like that and run with it with such fervor and intensity, and to dedicated your life around it, and become the beacon of it, that's no ISTP/INTP.
But what if you're Tom Cruise? Eh? Eh? Think about it.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
But what if you're Tom Cruise? Eh? Eh? Think about it.

Drago_nitti.jpg

Think about it when I beat the rap.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure about INTJ, but I agree that she's not an ENFP. Maybe not even an NF.

[YOUTUBE="vD7tbyNrA9Q"]Emma Thompson[/YOUTUBE]

Although...

[YOUTUBE="9fjNP0oaxvg"]Emma Thompson on Ellen[/YOUTUBE]

First interview: Exactly why I love her. She's sober, sensitive, very intuitive (symbols and rebirths and the like) but she doesn't really approach it in terms of feelings, Fi/Fe. More like in terms of Ni/Te, with her description of the whole experience completely coherent in its totality and its impact on the senses.

The Ellen show: HILARIOUS. She's probably developed enough Se to be able to do that... But the way that she's doing it is so completely self-mocking and silly, I don't see the disconnect between her and INTJ. I did similar parodying/entertaining stuff too when I had to.

For ENFs, look at Lauren Graham. If there's a better example of an ENF, I don't know it. She's like, on crack all the time.
[YOUTUBE="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=K5gAWrKJM6A"]Lauren Graham on Ellen[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
First interview: Exactly why I love her. She's sober, sensitive, very intuitive (symbols and rebirths and the like) but she doesn't really approach it in terms of feelings, Fi/Fe. More like in terms of Ni/Te, with her description of the whole experience completely coherent in its totality and its impact on the senses.

That's true. I definitely agree that she didn't come off as very NF in that interview...I mean, that whole thing was about prostitution. Think of what a true NF could have done with that kind of material!

The Ellen show: HILARIOUS. She's probably developed enough Se to be able to do that... But the way that she's doing it is so completely self-mocking and silly, I don't see the disconnect between her and INTJ. I did similar parodying/entertaining stuff too when I had to.

Yeah, it's pretty typical of her style of self-mocking comedy. I don't know what it says about her type exactly, but it's funny and that was my impetus for posting it :D.

For ENFs, look at Lauren Graham. If there's a better example of an ENF, I don't know it. She's like, on crack all the time.
[YOUTUBE="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=K5gAWrKJM6A"]Lauren Graham on Ellen[/YOUTUBE]

This reminds me of my sister, who is some sort of ENF...probably ENFJ. They have a similar manic style...quite annoying really.

I don't exactly disagree with your typing of INTJ...it's just that I don't know where you get the J bit. She always seems so scattered, which to me suggests P. But I could be confusing her typical movie characters with her actual personality, so correct me if I am.