• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker (the Dark Knight)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I conceded that your argument was the winning one.

That he was an ENTp.

:coffee:

Is that why you edited this post to say "ENTp" instead of "ENTJ"?

omg did I catch an ENTJ changing his mind?? :jew:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
They always did say success would be the best revenge. :D

EDIT: Then I'll roll one tonight for your sorrows...

[YOUTUBE="so1iT1CX0-g"]For your Sorrows[/YOUTUBE]

:devil:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If success involves inflating your own ego to the point of placing your own quotes alongside those of Aristotle and MLK, Jr., I'd sure hate to see you fail.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah it wasn't even loaded; I just love pointing weapons at ENTJs.

P.S.,

All of this is SO getting graveyard-ed for being off topic.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I started to think that my post will go unnoticed what was strange since I was pretty sure that ENTPs will not approve the idea.

Ok.

1. Stealing money is a quite Se thing to do. But burning it is totally Fi thing to do.

2. What you guys call Fe in my opinion is pretty much just his "sociopathic charm" that is being used to cause even more "damage".

3. What he is say is pretty much irrelevant since pretty much every one can say pretty much everything. I think we are all smart enough to know how much "relative" words actaully are. I mean he said a number of things that are quite a Ni/Te zhing to say.

4. Plus he is crazy for sure. What is giving him a NP vibe.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started to think that my post will go unnoticed what was strange since I was pretty sure that ENTPs will not approve the idea.

Ok.

1. Stealing money is a quite Se thing to do. But burning it is totally Fi thing to do.

2. What you guys call Fe in my opinion is pretty much just his "sociopathic charm" that is being used to cause even more "damage".

3. What he is say is pretty much irrelevant since pretty much every one can say pretty much everything. I think we are all smart enough to know how much "relative" words actaully are. I mean he said a number of things that are quite a Ni/Te zhing to say.

4. Plus he is crazy for sure. What is giving him a NP vibe.

Burning money is such an Ne thing to do... Hell, I would know, I've noticed myself think in the same way whenever I pick up something. /slight sarcasm

It's the motive behind the burning the money that matters, why did he do it? I don't even remember that.

Can you expand on the underlined stuff please?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm sorry guys but I think you're kind of missing a point here.

Why is Joker one of the most interesting villains ever? Why is his character so compelling and disquieting?

Because he shows traits of more than one clear-cut personality. That makes him totally unpredictable and extremely hard to read, for both viewers and the characters.

What he says at one point, he disproves at another. His words are not trustworthy. He's a master lier, and by quoting him you perhaps only prove you have totally swallowed his bait. If you really believe Joker, the ENTP typing sure fits. He really seems like one, no question. But does he really think like one? Perhaps he's just screwing with your mind, just like he does with everyone else's.

You might believe that Joker's actions are genuine. But keep in mind that under everything he does there is a great scheme to take over Gotham by creating chaos, and he almost accomplishes it by manipulating minds like every Ni mastermind/strategist.

One can only guess if the taking over is more important for him than the chaos - but that's precisely what makes him so fascinating.

VagrantFarce

But what if Joker thinks he's doing all of this for the greater good? What if he thinks he's helping people come together in a time where people are too emotionally detached from each other? Sure he doesn't say this or hint at anything like this, but, I mean, come on guys! It's obvious he's an ENFJ!

Seriously guys, The Joker is an ENTP. When people talk about ENTPs and they want to illustrate the type, The Joker is at the top of that list. He embodies an archetype, he is an archetypal villian, he is an archetypal ENTP. ENTP ENTP ENTP ENTP

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
But what if Joker thinks he's doing all of this for the greater good? What if he thinks he's helping people come together in a time where people are too emotionally detached from each other? Sure he doesn't say this or hint at anything like this, but, I mean, come on guys! It's obvious he's an ENFJ!

He definitely has some sort of misplaced idealism (NF). He's an extravert (E). And he's psychologically invasive to others like only a J can be. In short, agreed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He definitely has some sort of misplaced idealism (NF). He's an extravert (E). And he's psychologically invasive to others like only a J can be. In short, agreed.

Ooops, missed the footnote, huh?

... I don't get involved in type discussions much. people tend to hinge too much weight on particular details rather than intuitively feeling out the victim subject holistically. At that point, a detail (i.e., a comment or specific behavior) can be misleading because it is taken out of context of the overall personality projection.

The other issue is that people in movies are not real people -- they often serve a plot/thematic purpose, so they fill a role and are not internally consistent in presentation.

When I step back and just look at the Joker in this movie without analyzing things... I doubt I will ever see an ENFJ behave that way, the holistic pattern image does not match. Don't let the speeches mislead you! More chance for Harvey Dent to match up with an ENFJ profile than the Joker (and not that I am saying that is what Harvey is necessarily either). Matches much better with ENTP or ESFP, image-wise... (because SF can emulate N). Probably better to more closely examine one of those patterns.