• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Batman v Superman Thoughts

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
So I had the privilege or.. interesting experience of watching one of the early showings of Batman v Superman in theaters last night. Though at the end, I felt like my night had been robbed. I mean, I'm more of a Marvel guy so I wasn't too excited for this movie and didn't have too many expectations for it, yet it still managed to disappoint me on a new level. Cuz I was at least hoping the action would be cool. But instead of getting a Batman/Superman standoff movie, what we really got was a Justice League preview. In fact, the title of the movie literally discribes one brief action sequence in the movie. There was hardly any Superman and a little too much setup to the fight scene that we had all been waiting for and yet that scene still ended up being underwhelming. There was two things I liked in the movie: First, many of you might've heard about this super badass Batman scene. Yeah, it was pretty cool. Towards the end of the movie when Batman and Superman finally get there shit together (come on, you knew that would happen. It's not a spoiler) Batman goes out to rescue someone important (I won't say who) from Lex Luther's thugs. And when he breaks into the building and starts kicking ass, you start thinking "where the hell was this scene the rest of the movie". The second thing I liked, and wished there was more of, is Henry Cavill's performance as Superman. Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention, I'm team Superman. He just such a good guy and so likable. And Henry brings it to life. Again, the problem is that we didn't get to see enough of that. Instead, Snyder waisted our time with Wonder Woman poking at this whole Justice League thing and Lex Luther being just annoying.

So in the end, I'd say if your looking for a DC movie with just as much DC shit crammed into it as possible, then this movie is the one. But if you were hoping for that Batman v Superman movie you were promised three years ago, then you'll be very disappointed. So did you see Batman v Superman and what did you think of it. If you liked it, don't be afraid to speak your mind.

Crabs

Permabanned
I saw this interview yesterday. Poor Ben. I might see the movie eventually, but I am not excited in the least. I didn't enjoy Man of Steel....

I didn't really care for Man of Steel either. And it's not because Henry Cavill isn't a good Superman. Zach Snyder has a few decent movies under his belt (300, Watchmen), but it's time for him to stop directing movies and stick to producing.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't really care for Man of Steel either. And it's not because Henry Cavill doesn't make a decent Superman. Zach Snyder has a few good movies under his belt (300, Watchmen), but it's time for him to stop directing movies and stick to producing.

Zach Snyder is the problem, for sure. I thought Cavill had done well. Snyder's movies just leave me thinking small changes would really make them much better.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Now I understand why after 3 films as Batman, Christian bailed when he did

Crabs

Permabanned
aflecjsu2.jpg