• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

top gear

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I haven't watched too much of it but at first glance I just figured they were all ENTPs, because they seem to like to figure out how things work. Here are my guesses after reading the thread a bit though:

Jeremy: ENTP (because he's playful, charming and inventive)
James: INTP (because he is also inventive and wonders how things work)
Richard: ENFP, ESFP? I don't know.

My boyfriend watches a lot of Top Gear and this is his guess:

James: ISFJ (the same as him ((the boyfriend)) because he's serious all the time, tinkers with things and more practical than an N.)

Jennings

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My Thoughts

I've been watching tons of Top Gear trying to figure out their MBTIs, and here's what I've come up with:

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ. He's Te, as he always want things done the fastest, quickest, most efficient way possible, no questions asked. He loves being in charge and being right, as well. His Conservative political leanings and tell-it-like-it-is attitude are also indicative of TJ types. Also, consider his analogies. Yikes, he loves analogies. The ability to come up with those so well on the spot is Ni, as it's all about seeing the connections between ideas and applying them. If he were ENTP (as many have suggested), he would be scatter-brained, not great on his feet or with comebacks, and very open-ended and lenient with inefficiency.

James May: INTP. May is a classic INTP. He's an intellectual egghead. He's interested in the nuts-and-bolts scenarios and attention to detail, due to his Si. For those who have suggested ISTJ, you're on the right track because he has the same Si function. However, for those who suggested ISTP, here's the distinction: Let's say that an INTP and ISTP both make dangerous, ridiculously fast rocket cars. The INTP would cautiously give it to a professional racer to test, whereas the ISTP would jump in and race it without thinking. He's definitely an Ne, as he comes up with crazy ideas that work on paper, but don't necessarily play out in the real world. Last to mention is his demeanor. He's like a classic science professor: bad sense of direction, very pedantic, long-winded, slow in processes, very theoretical. Enough said.

Richard Hammond: ENTP/ESTP: This is tricky, because I think he's either ENTP or ESTP. He's obviously Ti because of his inability to come up with retorts on the spot (notice he wears an earpiece in the studio), and he's Fe as you can see by his interesting facial expressions that show every thought he has before he says it.
I think it's more likely that he's ENTP because he's very interested in new ideas and concepts, he's scatter-brained, impractical, and very optimistic. He's like a little kid whose favorite subject would be science. However, ENTPs aren't good dressers, and while they like risks and challenges, they typically steer clear of imminent danger when necessary. Hammond could indeed be Se because he's a well-dressed, well-groomed daredevil. It just seems like he isn't dumb, street savvy, or narcissistic enough to be an ESTP.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ
James May: INTP
Richard Hammond: ESFP

Creep

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Clarkson - ENTP
Hammond - ESFP
May - ISTJ

Permabanned
Having read part of Richard Hammond's autobiography, I reached the conclusion that he is an ESFP. S is because as a child he got immense pleasure from taking things apart and putting them together again, and as a young man would spend hours (even in the freezing cold) fiddling with his car's mechanics. The man has got to be S!

P because he bends or breaks rules.
E because he's presenting a programme on TV! He shows little sign of introversion. Also presented a talk show.
F because he is driven largely by his feelings and enthusiasm for various projects

Clarkson I think is an ENTP.

May is IXTP. How many TJ males would have long hair?

I must be a Sens0r then :greatscott:

xaviergx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Jeremy - ENTP. Clear as day.
Richard - ENFP. I dont think the argument that he spent hours working in mechanics means clear S. I know an INTP who spends hours working on his basketball shot. I have an INFJ friend who practices tennis all the time. I am ENFP who can kick a soccer ball against the wall for hours and juggle for hours. Fine motorskills is not a strong suit for an Ne dom but if he starts from an early age he can develop them. Anyway Ne doms have some of the best gross motorskills. I always thought he had an ENFP sort of wit. He could also be an ESFP but the working on mechanics thing is not a good enough argument.
May - INTP. I always though of him as an INTP. He uses Ti a lot. Maybe an ISTP though

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I've been watching tons of Top Gear trying to figure out their MBTIs, and here's what I've come up with:

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ. He's Te, as he always want things done the fastest, quickest, most efficient way possible, no questions asked. He loves being in charge and being right, as well. His Conservative political leanings and tell-it-like-it-is attitude are also indicative of TJ types. Also, consider his analogies. Yikes, he loves analogies. The ability to come up with those so well on the spot is Ni, as it's all about seeing the connections between ideas and applying them. If he were ENTP (as many have suggested), he would be scatter-brained, not great on his feet or with comebacks, and very open-ended and lenient with inefficiency.

James May: INTP. May is a classic INTP. He's an intellectual egghead. He's interested in the nuts-and-bolts scenarios and attention to detail, due to his Si. For those who have suggested ISTJ, you're on the right track because he has the same Si function. However, for those who suggested ISTP, here's the distinction: Let's say that an INTP and ISTP both make dangerous, ridiculously fast rocket cars. The INTP would cautiously give it to a professional racer to test, whereas the ISTP would jump in and race it without thinking. He's definitely an Ne, as he comes up with crazy ideas that work on paper, but don't necessarily play out in the real world. Last to mention is his demeanor. He's like a classic science professor: bad sense of direction, very pedantic, long-winded, slow in processes, very theoretical. Enough said.

Richard Hammond: ENTP/ESTP: This is tricky, because I think he's either ENTP or ESTP. He's obviously Ti because of his inability to come up with retorts on the spot (notice he wears an earpiece in the studio), and he's Fe as you can see by his interesting facial expressions that show every thought he has before he says it.
I think it's more likely that he's ENTP because he's very interested in new ideas and concepts, he's scatter-brained, impractical, and very optimistic. He's like a little kid whose favorite subject would be science. However, ENTPs aren't good dressers, and while they like risks and challenges, they typically steer clear of imminent danger when necessary. Hammond could indeed be Se because he's a well-dressed, well-groomed daredevil. It just seems like he isn't dumb, street savvy, or narcissistic enough to be an ESTP.

You have some interesting ideas about functions.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
And that was the only thing they posted, and it was almost three years ago.

Bizarre.

True. I wanted to get to know more about this Ni and quick come backs thing. And Ti = no quick comeback.

I mean I could juggle that to make it work with Se doms with the inferior Ni popping out..just like all of MBTI. But then ESTP's are fairly high Ti AAAAAAND inferior Ni....so how does that work? I think I know ESTP's who are quick on the comebacks.

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jeremy: ENTP
James: INTP
Richard: ExFP (though I wouldn't rule out ExTP)

rmrf

Jeremy Clarkson seems clearly ENTP
Richard Hammond probably ESFP - ESTP
James May is the hardest, going by vibe, I first would have thought INTP, but ISTx seems to fit better

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I laughed at the "not dumb enough to be an ESTP" comment. As if type has anything to do with intelligence.

So true. I know a MENSA member who's consistently tested as ESTP.

The dumbest person I ever knew was an ENTJ. He was hard charging and had all these ideas about politics and government that he thought everyone else should agree with, but man were they stupid.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Jeremy Clarkson - ENTP
James May - INTP
Richard Hammond - ISTP/ISFP