• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jessica Jones Netflix

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Just started to watch it for the second time. I love it. Here's what I think the characters' types are

Jessica Jones-ESTP
Trish Walker-ESTJ (Yes ESTJs can be friendly. Just ask my caring ESTJ brother.)
Luke Cage-ISTJ or ISFJ
Malcolm Ducasse (when he's sober)- ISFJ
Nuke-ESFP
Harper-ENTJ
Hope Shlottman- Not sure exactly

And, of course, the thing I love most about the show:

Kilgrave-ENTP

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually thought Jessica was an ISFP. ENTP seems fitting for Killgrave though.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Trish is a supportive giver, always pushing to be part of her sisters life, just help her. Esfj or enfj

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jessica- I thought it was an easy ISTP call for her.

Trish- I'm leaning ESFJ over ESTJ

Luke... I'm not really certain of... could be ISFJ

Will.... ExFJ poss also ESFJ

Malcolm... ISFP

Carrie ENTJ

Kilgrave ENTP

Hope idk ExFP seems possible

Really enjoyed this show, Malcolm was adorable. Kilgrave embodied ENTP's lack of Fi :smile:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ agree with the above typing. Not sure about Will.

Malcolm was sooooo ISFP it hurts. Jessica is way to unsociable to be an ESTP. I am happy with ISTP.

Kilgrave, what a despicable character. I will go with ExTP. He doesn't indicate much Ne. However, the actor Tenant is probably a Ne user which reflects onto his character I think.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better than DareDevil they produced an equally good show. Marvel is doing a good job in the writing department with their tv shows; and while almost all recent marvel related movies have been good (entertaining is the word) the writing has not always been good. Then again tv shows are longer and therefore they can create better stories.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
^ agree with the above typing. Not sure about Will.

Malcolm was sooooo ISFP it hurts. Jessica is way to unsociable to be an ESTP. I am happy with ISTP.

Kilgrave, what a despicable character. I will go with ExTP. He doesn't indicate much Ne. However, the actor Tenant is probably a Ne user which reflects onto his character I think.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better than DareDevil they produced an equally good show. Marvel is doing a good job in the writing department with their tv shows; and while almost all recent marvel related movies have been good (entertaining is the word) the writing has not always been good. Then again tv shows are longer and therefore they can create better stories.

ESTPs can easily be unsociable. I mean, just look at Rocket Raccoon. That's not really what I vs E is even about. Introversion vs extroversion is based on which function comes first. ESTPs (primary Se secondary Ti) take what they sense in the world and use their Ti to make decisions based off of it. Much like the way Jessica just kind of walks around Hell's Kitchen, notices things and deals with them through their own logic. ISTPs (primary Ti secondary Se) make up their mind based on their Ti and when there Se detects something wrong with the world, their Ti is already set for them to take on the problem much like Daredevil who IS an ISTP. So it's not as simple and black and white as ESTPs are sociable and ISTPs aren't. They can both be sociable or not.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTPs can easily be unsociable. I mean, just look at Rocket Raccoon. That's not really what I vs E is even about. Introversion vs extroversion is based on which function comes first. ESTPs (primary Se secondary Ti) take what they sense in the world and use their Ti to make decisions based off of it. Much like the way Jessica just kind of walks around Hell's Kitchen, notices things and deals with them through their own logic. ISTPs (primary Ti secondary Se) make up their mind based on their Ti and when there Se detects something wrong with the world, their Ti is already set for them to take on the problem much like Daredevil who IS an ISTP. So it's not as simple and black and white as ESTPs are sociable and ISTPs aren't. They can both be sociable or not.

I agree. That angle of thinking completely went over my head. Thanks.

^ @ the unsociable part.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jessica Jones (Power Woman) – ISTP + 6w5 Sp/Sx (Definitely Ti dom. Grew in auxiliary Se when she was a teenager as a result of getting her powers)

Luke Cage (Power Man) – ISTJ + 8w9 Sx/Sp (At first I thought ISTP too, but he definitely has Fi, and at his age most ISTJ's struggle a lot with their feelings and expressing them. ISTJ's feel very deeply but are uncomfortable with their feelings.)

Trish Walker (Hellcat) – ENFJ + 2w1 So/Sx (SUCH an ENFJ. It's not even funny. She is very Fe dom. She was raised by her psycho-mother to have dominant Fe, always aware of what others expect of her. She grew in Ni as a young adult as her heart began to seek ways she could help bring change to a broken world and started "Trish Talk" as a result. That's so ENFJ.)

Kilgrave – ENFP + 4w3 Sx/Sp (He's a really unhealthy ENFP, folks, not ENTP. Yes, he's manipulative... and I know ENTP's are manipulative. But if you think about his childhood, he was definitely Ne dom. He picked up auxiliary Fi as a young kid as his parents did experiments on him. He's a psycho-ENFP obsessed over one thing-- Jessica.)

Will Simpson (Nuke) – ESTJ + 8w7 Sp/Sx (Definitely ESTJ. He's got inferior Fi. He always is looking for something to distract himself from having to deal with his emotions. The red pills make his Fi feelings of weakness go away and allow him to have a thrilling strength. You can see he has Te and not Ti when he pushes feelings aside and says, 'Forget about Hope. We need to kill Kilgrave now.')

Jeri Hogarth – ENTJ + 5w6 Sp/Sx (At first I thought INTJ. Then I thought about it. She definitely has inferior Fi. Avoids feeling a grain of compassion for anybody. She's all about herself. She uses her strong auxiliary Ni to navigate through the legal world. Her Te + Ni combo is what allows her to be such a successful attorney.)

Malcolm Duncasse – INFP + 9w1 Sx/So (I see people think he's ISFP. I don't see him having Ni but rather Ne. He always seems to use his auxiliary Ne to find ways to help others. I don't see him having Se.)

Pam – ISFJ + 6w7 Sx/So (Overly clingy, emotionally unstable ISFJ. What more needs to be said?)

Dorothy Walker – ESFJ + 2w3 Sp/So (She's your emotionally abusive ESFJ, who is all about herself but somehow lies to herself every day that she is doing what she does for others. I don't know how she believes her own BS.)

Hope Shlottman – ISFP + 6w7 Sx/Sp (I'm going with ISFP here. She definitely has Fi + Te. Whenever Jessica holds onto hope that Hope will get out of the mess she's fallen into, Hope always tries to be the realist and uses her Te to point out the obvious, how unlikely it would be for her to get out of this unscathed.)

Wendy Ross – ISTJ + 6w5 Sp/Sx (She's definitely ISTJ. Bland. Not too much personality. Definitely is a realist with her Te. Not sure what else to say.)

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trish- I'm leaning ESFJ over ESTJ

Luke... I'm not really certain of... could be ISFJ

Luke definitely has Fi, so I'd say close but he's gotta be an ISTJ. No way he has Fe like an ISFJ. Yes, ISFJ's know how to hold a grudge better than any other type, but that's not the kind of grudge Luke was holding. I don't think he actually held a grudge against Jessica for what she did. He was definitely disgusted but then he just split away from her more to sort out his feelings like an ISTJ would.

Trish is so ENFJ. She has Ni and not Ne. She used her Ni during her young adult years to leave her mother's legacy of focusing on herself and her brand to focus on others, on the world. She realized she could use her Ni to see connections between groups and people in the world and how different people can come together to make "positive change". She's always the optimist.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTP at work loves this show (I don't watch it, because I don't watch shows that have lead actresses that I don't find attractive). I love Daredevil. I assign Daredevil as INFJ. I therefore place JJ as ISTP. He got his feelings hurt when I didn't want to watch it (so I may make myself), as though I was rejecting watching him as a female superhero lol.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=27268]jeffcoaster[/MENTION] I like your typing. I don't agree with everything you've said but you said it very convincingly.

Malcolm could be an INFP. You made a good argument for it.

However, you should know that the actor who plays David Tennant is most probably an ENFP. Therefore, it could be relfecting onto the character he plays. But then again if the character he plays also has ENFP traits it could be that the character is simply an ENFP.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When are they going to start the second season I angrily wonder.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=27268]

However, you should know that the actor who plays David Tennant is most probably an ENFP. Therefore, it could be relfecting onto the character he plays. But then again if the character he plays also has ENFP traits it could be that the character is simply an ENFP.

Good point! Never knew that about Dvid Tennant! Then Kilgrave could be ENTP. It's always hard to type psychopaths, lol.

It's just hard for me to imagine someone like Kilgrave with such a traumatizing past develop Ti instead of Fi during adolescence. And his character seems to be so focused on his own feelings and not anybody else's. So it's hard for me to imagine him having tertiary Fe (which would be more sensitive toward effecting harmony). He seems like he could give a piss about harmony. I feel like tertiary Te (of an ENFP) makes more sense for him.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I just finished the season finale. It could very well be JJ could be a one season show. But of course they have a small side plot which could extend the show.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah I just finished the season finale. It could very well be JJ could be a one season show. But of course they have a small side plot which could extend the show.

As far as a second season, I'm not sure. But she is going to be in a crossover with Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist called the Defenders