• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous Living NFs

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
For pedagogical/illustratory purposes, I'd like to compile a list of 16 men and 16 women of each MB type, all of whom fulfill the following conditions:

1. They must still be alive
2. They must be internationally famous (for good things)
3. They must have personalities that are well-known or easily researchable
4. Uncertainty about their type must be minimal.

Regarding NFs, I've thus far got 3/8 - Kate Winslet or Oprah (ENFJ), Bill Clinton (ENFP) and Terry Pratchett (INFP). Arguments available upon request. (Just because I'm too tired to write them down now.) Want to help me get the remaining 5/8? :)

Female ENFP candidates:
Female INFP candidates:
Female INFJ candidates:
Male ENFJ candidates: Bono
Male INFJ candidates:
Male ENFP candidates: Robin Williams? (I'd like one to replace Bill Clinton if possible due to his not being recognizable enough.)
(Male INFP candidates: Johnny Depp? If he is INFP, he's replacing Terry Pratchett.)

(Incidentally, I am perfectly capable of googling famous xNFx lists; what I want is to hear who you personally believe to be xNFx - preferably with (links to) arguments. :))

Last edited:

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
For pedagogical/illustratory purposes, I'd like to compile a list of 16 men and 16 women of each MB type, all of whom fulfill the following conditions:

1. They must still be alive
2. They must be famous (for good things)
3. They must have personalities that are well-known or easily researchable
4. Uncertainty about their type must be minimal.

Regarding NFs, I've thus far got 3/8 - Kate Winslet (ENFJ), Bill Clinton (ENFP) and Terry Pratchett (INFP). Arguments available upon request. (Just because I'm too tired to write them down now.) Want to help me get the remaining 5/8? :)

Female ENFP candidates:
Female INFP candidates:
Female INFJ candidates:
Male ENFJ candidates:
Male INFJ candidates: Johnny Depp?
Oprah's more famous than Kate Winslet. As for male ENFJ's, we've got Ross Perot. I would say Ronald Reagan, but sadly he's no longer with us. I've also seen Johnny Depp listed as ENFJ.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oprah's more famous than Kate Winslet. As for male ENFJ's, we've got Ross Perot. I would say Ronald Reagan, but sadly he's no longer with us. I've also seen Johnny Depp listed as ENFJ.

Bill Clinton-ENFP

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

Oprah may be more famous, but the ENFJs I know don't quite identify with her. Kate Winslet seems to be more palatable.

Same argument applies to Ross Perot (who by the way is not famous outside the US).

Which type do you think Johnny Depp is?

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oprah may be more famous, but the ENFJs I know don't quite identify with her. Kate Winslet seems to be more palatable.
I don't know anything about her. She's probably alot more famous in Britain than the United States.
Same argument applies to Ross Perot (who by the way is not famous outside the US).

Which type do you think Johnny Depp is?
I don't know. I'm torn between ENFJ and INFJ.

INFJ's seem (to me at least) to be sure of their calm, quiet exterior. ENFJ's on the other hand seem to fidget be bashful under alot of attention. At least that's how I am, and whenever I've seen him interviewed, that's exactly how he acts. That said, I only know 2 ENFJ's in real life.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 147

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know. I'm torn between ENFJ and INFJ.

INFJ's seem (to me at least) to be sure of their calm, quiet exterior. ENFJ's on the other hand seem to fidget be bashful under alot of attention. At least that's how I am, and whenever I've seen him interviewed, that's exactly how he acts. That said, I only know 2 ENFJ's in real life.

Interesting - I would have said exactly the opposite :D (bashful INFJs, attention-happy ENFJs).

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Interesting - I would have said exactly the opposite (bashful INFJs, attention-happy ENFJs). :D
I didn't call INFJ's attention happy, I just said they seem more sure of themselves. I did however forget to mention that while the ENFJ's I know do fidget under lots of attention, it's only when they don't know what to expect. So in an interview my ENFJ friends and I fidget when we're being interviewed, but we're confident when we're the ones in control of what's going to be said and asked.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't call INFJ's attention happy, I just said they seem more sure of themselves. I did however forget to mention that while the ENFJ's I know do fidget under lots of attention, it's only when they don't know what to expect. So in an interview my ENFJ friends and I fidget when we're being interviewed, but we're confident when we're the ones in control of what's going to be said and asked.

By attention-happy, I meant comfortable in the spotlight (not bashful or fidgety). But I understand what you mean by INFJs possibly seeming more sure of themselves - I think that would be Introverted Intuition peeking out. :)

I'd love to hear what you think of Johnny Depp in the interview I linked to in the original post. He seems very introverted to me - I was actually just wondering about the J/P dimension (INFJ versus INFP).

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
By attention-happy, I meant comfortable in the spotlight (not bashful or fidgety). But I understand what you mean by INFJs possibly seeming more sure of themselves - I think that would be Introverted Intuition peeking out. :)

I'd love to hear what you think of Johnny Depp in the interview I linked to in the original post. He seems very introverted to me - I was actually just wondering about the J/P dimension (INFJ versus INFP).
I've no doubt he's a J. His personality just sort of says, "Ni" to me. I usually immediately feel an identification with people who have Ni as one of their first two functions. Idk. I just do. Lol.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've no doubt he's a J. His personality just sort of says, "Ni" to me. I usually immediately feel an identification with people who have Ni as one of their first two functions. Idk. I just do. Lol.

I hear you. :) I'm just looking for arguments to convince non-INXJs. ;)

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
I'd say Depp was much more P than J, although it's difficult to tell T/F. He DOES scream Ni, but so do I, and there's no way I'm a J. Function order's not something I agree with.

Dorothy Parker may have been an INFJ or INFP, although she was not a very strongly expressed F.

Anne Frank, most definately INFP.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd say Depp was much more P than J, although it's difficult to tell T/F. He DOES scream Ni, but so do I, and there's no way I'm a J. Function order's not something I agree with.

Difficult to tell T/F? :shock: Have you checked out the interview I linked to in the original post?

Dorothy Parker may have been an INFJ or INFP, although she was not a very strongly expressed F.

Anne Frank, most definately INFP.

Yeah, but they're both dead.

Posters, please read the original post - Ps, this means you. ;)

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2,439

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Hah, I guess. I'm not so interested in living people.

Having been in the presence of INTPs and INFPs, I could see Depp as either. My INTP ex was a LOT like him. Like, a LOT a lot, and I see a lot of myself in there too.

He certainly has a developed feeling side. That may come from age, though.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Having been in the presence of INTPs and INFPs, I could see Depp as either. My INTP ex was a LOT like him. Like, a LOT a lot, and I see a lot of myself in there too.

He certainly has a developed feeling side. That may come from age, though.

Based on that interview I linked to, I'd say no way he's NT. He doesn't apply any form of logical analysis once in that (long) interview.

It's almost worth posting the suggestion of Johnny Depp as an INTP at INTPc just to get their reactions. :D

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Well, he wasn't really asked to. I've gone months in a job without giving any hint I was an intuitive, for instance, because it was basically a cashier job and the situation just didn't require intuition. Likewise, he was socializing and talking about personal experience-- which does not require a great deal of analysis.

I've seen him on "Inside the Actor's Studio." He does, when it is asked of him, have some analytical skill. While I'd lean F, I would not rule out T by any means.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, he wasn't really asked to. I've gone months in a job without giving any hint I was an intuitive, for instance, because it was basically a cashier job and the situation just didn't require intuition. Likewise, he was socializing and talking about personal experience-- which does not require a great deal of analysis.

My answer is that NTs routinely apply logical analysis even to our personal choices in life. There's no way an NT could be interviewed for forty minutes without demonstrating this.

Think of it this way: Would a forty minute interview reveal that you are intuitive?

I've seen him on "Inside the Actor's Studio." He does, when it is asked of him, have some analytical skill. While I'd lean F, I would not rule out T by any means.

Are you keeping the door open for T because you've picked up on "some analytical skill"? That's a little unfair to the Fs, methinks. ;)

My point is that if he consistently in a forty minute interview reveals F judgment behind his choices in life, and never T judgment, then he's a clear-cut F.