• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous Living NFs

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was just talking about his type with friends the other day. We were debating INFJ/ENFJ. What makes you think he is extroverted? In the interviews I've seen, he strikes me as an introvert (somewhat shy and reserved, quiet and monotone speech, pauses to think before answering), but I'm open to arguments. :)

(Incidentally, don't worry, NFJs - no matter what, he's not going on my list due to criterion 2, part 2 in the OP. ;))

Edit: Check out this interview for instance. Do Es mumble and fade like that? I know he's on drugs *insert Ozzy joke* but still?
In the interview he feels like an INFJ to me, whatever that's worth.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
In the interview he feels like an INFJ to me, whatever that's worth.

That's worth something. :)

Hey, can I recruit you to give your take on Johnny Depp? :devil: (See... most of this thread. :doh:)

Edit#2: Argh! You already have! Never mind then. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That's worth something. :)

Hey, can I recruit you to give your take on Johnny Depp? :devil: (See... most of this thread. :doh:)

Edit#2: Argh! You already have! Never mind then. :)
I can't remember what I said, but he has that sparkly personality thing that I associate with FPs.

Despite the name of his Pirate character, FPs strike me as bluebirds to FJ's sparrows.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't remember what I said, but he has that sparkly personality thing that I associate with FPs.

Despite the name of his Pirate character, FPs strike me as bluebirds to FJ's sparrows.

I may be coming 'round to JD as INFP. :)

But, uh, bluebirds and sparrows? :huh: Explain please - Google just says sparrows harass bluebirds? :cry:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was just talking about his type with friends the other day. We were debating INFJ/ENFJ. What makes you think he is extroverted? In the interviews I've seen, he strikes me as an introvert (somewhat shy and reserved, quiet and monotone speech, pauses to think before answering), but I'm open to arguments. :)

(Incidentally, don't worry, NFJs - no matter what, he's not going on my list due to criterion 2, part 2 in the OP. ;))

Edit: Check out this interview for instance. Do Es mumble and fade like that? I know he's on drugs *insert Ozzy joke* but still?

Actually, I think you are right. He may even be an NT, because he's into the shock value and stuff and doesn't seem to care what other people think.

I also think Hitler was an ENFJ, but since we're only talking about living people (unless he truly did escape to Brazil to become a priest! :p ), this is as far as I'll go.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, sorry. :blush: I'm thinking of a purely visual comparison.
SongSparrow5028wb.jpg
EasternBluebird0811.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also think Hitler was an ENFJ, but since we're only talking about living people (unless he truly did escape to Brazil to become a priest! :p ), this is as far as I'll go.
From the accounts I've heard of his life growing up and so forth... ESTP

He was a ringleader, bully, pulling practical jokes, etc.

ESTPs have all the same functions as INFJs, but in a different order - fwiw.

Don't underestimate STs - they more than most types can successfully manipulate the concrete world to their goals. People who make a strong impact outward as a persona could well be Ss more often than Ns who draw people into their internal vision. A strong N like Beethoven made a impact with ideas more than as a persona. His persona is strong but his ideas don't rely on it for their force whereas Hitler and MManson need their persona more than their ideas.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That's funny because Marilyn Manson strikes me as an ISTP.
You are much more familiar with musicians than I am, so you may very well be right. I believe my dad is an ISTP and we have a lot in common, despite never having been around each other much. It might not be that big of a jump.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Actually, I think you are right. He may even be an NT, because he's into the shock value and stuff and doesn't seem to care what other people think.

Yes, Manson could have been INTJ I guess, but I've allways thought INFJ (ever since Bowling for Columbine at least).

Hitler, like Mother Theresa, Jesus, Mary, Mohammad, Richard Lionheart, Robin Hood and Vlad the Impaler are allmost impossible to type, since the real person and the myth are almost inseparable these days.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the accounts I've heard of his life growing up and so forth... ESTP

He was a ringleader, bully, pulling practical jokes, etc.

ESTPs have all the same functions as INFJs, but in a different order - fwiw.

Don't underestimate STs - they more than most types can successfully manipulate the concrete world to their goals. People who make a strong impact outward as a persona could well be Ss more often than Ns who draw people into their internal vision. A strong N like Beethoven made a impact with ideas more than as a persona. His persona is strong but his ideas don't rely on it for their force whereas Hitler and MManson need their persona more than their ideas.

ESTPs are more hands on, though.

From what I've read about the Fuehrer's upbringing, he very much had an NF persona; his father, probably an SJ, abused him because he was a dreamer.

And in Mein Kampf, his intentions were clearly mapped in his mind. By this time, he had a clear vision of a Third Reich. He was very future oriented, SPs are very present oriented.

And any dominant Extravert has power to manipulate a crowd (Martin Luther King, Jr., ENFJ, technically did this, as well), but what's different is the person's intentions, which is an entirely different conversation. One would argue that MLK was more persuasive, but that's really just a more positive way of saying manipulative.

His interests were art, philosophy, symbolism, and history -- something that many NFs seem to be interested in. Hitler was also a generalizer -- an iNtuitive trait -- and combined with a J function, allowed his stereotypical views to be unbending.

SPs and NJs could seem a lot alike. An SP, however, is physical for the pure enjoyment, while an NJ might be physical to achieve an end.

And lastly, an F preference. Hitler's vision was for the good of the people he considered superior (this is something that personality does not dictate). In unbiased terms, he had a dream for the greater good of his own personal view of humanity.

But that's just my impression...

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Adolf Hitler was a muddled, but unfortunately insidious and relentless, lunatic. His character defies type analysis.

On topic: Dave Gahan, ENFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTPs are more hands on, though.

From what I've read about the Fuehrer's upbringing, he very much had an NF persona; his father, probably an SJ, abused him because he was a dreamer.

And in Mein Kampf, his intentions were clearly mapped in his mind. By this time, he had a clear vision of a Third Reich. He was very future oriented, SPs are very present oriented...

I think it bears more study.

For example, if you examine his artistic ability, he showed a photographic memory for architecture -- he was able to draw in great detail any building he studied, without looking back at the building for reference. This sort of artistic ability is very much more common to S types. And he was rejected from art school because the teachers felt he did not have "vision" for his art, it all very much replication. Again, very much S.

And anyone can have vision. I've known lots of S's who thought they had vision for the future... but their vision usually ends up being flawed because they're not N's. A former boss of mine actually claimed he was an N (he took the test), but he was clearly an ESFP type.

Hitler is rather enigmatic, isn't he? :)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hitler is dead and therefore :offtopic:!

Although I do appreciate seeing his name on an internet forum with Godwin's Law nowhere in sight. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, Economica, actually, that was a test I did. I wanted to see what would happen -- for the most part, everyone seemed objective, but I'll stop now.

Anyway:

J.K. Rowling, ENFP

Tobey Maguire, INFJ (judging by things I've read about him)

Shawn Ryan (creator of The Shield), ENFP

Walton Goggins (Shane in The Shield), INFJ (in his interviews, he's very quiet, deep, and thoughtful)

Ang Lee, INFP

Rhu

Morlock
MBTI Type
Pfft
Harlan Ellison is the most cantankerous ENFP that ever lived.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harlan Ellison is the most cantankerous ENFP that ever lived.

INFJ

Maybe.

He does shoot off his mouth an awful lot, though, doesn't he?

Rhu

Morlock
MBTI Type
Pfft
INFJ

Maybe.

He does shoot off his mouth an awful lot, though, doesn't he?

And protest. And demonstrate. And do all sorts of vengeful things.

I'm not going to budge on the E. His worldview seems to be more reflective than inventive, so I'm leaning towards Ne as his lead function; his fieryness seems more from a lack of restraint than a desire for imposition...

...that said, I could also make a case for ENFJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And protest. And demonstrate. And do all sorts of vengeful things.

I'm not going to budge on the E. His worldview seems to be more reflective than inventive, so I'm leaning towards Ne as his lead function; his fieryness seems more from a lack of restraint than a desire for imposition...

...that said, I could also make a case for ENFJ.

You could be right.

I am probably coming more from the other side of things where E's tend to not develop their writing to Ellison's level -- which is very controlled, precise, and immaculate -- because they'd rather interact directly with others.

I guess that's not entirely accurate, since I think ENTPs can be very good authors as well if they have developed a writer's mentality, they are quite good at picking up the way people speak.

But I don't sense much "play" in Ellison's work. When I read his pieces, I have a very distinct feeling that he has considered EVERY word carefully, and it is perfectly aligned and balanced and controlled and in its proper place, and heaven forbid anyone touch it. It's almost as if the story came out of his head in finished form -- and really, considering the speed at which he can construct his stories, that's almost the way I think it happens. He writes very quickly, he KNOWS what he's going to say and how he's going to say it.

Which is why I'd go more "J" with him (it's less an exploratory process for him), than "P" (for whom the writing often is as much a surprise to them as to the reader, and it informs them as they go, leading to revision).