• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2016 Presidential Candidates' Types

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I've been wondering this for a while. What types do you think these people are? Comment as many as you think you have any idea on. (I understand that some are more relevant than others, but I added everyone anyway.)

Democrats

Hillary Clinton: xxTJ.
Bernie Sanders:
Martin O'Malley:

Republicans

Donald Trump: ESTP. And everyone's saying 8w7, but I could see 3w4.
Ben Carson: Ixxx
Marco Rubio: Possibly ENFJ.
Ted Cruz:
Jeb Bush:
John Kasich: I don't know, but it's funny how often he interrupts everyone.
Rand Paul:
Carly Fiorina:
Mike Huckabee: ESTJ.
Chris Christie:
At this point we're getting into ones I've barely heard anything about...
Rick Santorum:
George Pataki:
Lindsey Graham:
Jim Gilmore:

What do you think?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My question is why there are so many more republican candidates

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Many likely democratic candidates sat this one out....out of fear of incurring the Clintons' wrath.

That's my guess, anyway.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think there are several factors at play. The first is with the rise of Super PACs and unlimited contributions, the political parties as organizations no longer control the purse strings. That means the any candidate with a billionaire backer (or backers) can make a go of it. Hence, the RNC and DNC no longer have the same amount of power as the aggregators of limited donations. This tends to empower "outsider" candidates, who can obtain funds without needing the backing of party insiders.

As far as the numerical disparity in number of candidates I think there are two factors at work. The first is that billionaires tend to lean Republican, so there are simply more large donors available to back Republican presidential candidates. The second is that Hillary Clinton's seeming inevitability tended to scare off other potential Democratic candidates.

A potential third factor might be that the Republicans are more upset about the current status quo, and so are motivated both to run as outsiders, and to back outsiders.

One could also argue that the conservative media has spent years stoking resentment toward government (and Washington in particular), and now they have lost the reins and can no longer control that which they have created. Hence, the current Republican Presidential race can be seen as a battle between more practical "insiders" who want a pro-business candidate who can win in the general election, vs angry populist conservatives who want an outsider who will be ideologically pure and "stick it to the man." Currently, the populists are winning in the polls, but there's a good chance that someone like Rubio might come out as a sort of compromise candidate (acceptable to the Republican establishment, but far to the right of any recent Republican presidential candidate, and hence pure enough to satisfy the "no compromise" folks).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bernie is likely an INTJ 1w2, though he is a good politician and comes off more INFJish on TV.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah, I know. It's a circus.

Let's just replace all of the future debate audio with this on a loop from now on. It should also suddenly get louder whenever Trump speaks.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like elections and getting into arguments with people, so long as the other person doesn't get all emotional about it. How else do you find truth other than a good verbal spar?

á´…eparted

passages
I'm not entirely sure why so many people seem to put Fe for Sanders. He seems like a very clear cut INTP to me.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Bernie Sanders has got to be an NF of some sort. Most democrats are and Bernie is a FAR left winger.