• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Melanie Martinez

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She seems more INFP because she's so individualistic. I remember when she was on The Voice and they wanted her to sing more "Powerful" songs, but she wanted to sing more vulnerable songs. She didn't really listen to them, and that just seems like an INFP thing to me. I'm not going to rule out INFJ though.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure as to her (I'm leaning towards INFP sx/so but would be open to other types). But Dollhouse seems like the portrait of unhealthy ESFJ, maybe ISFJ.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP 4w5 sx/so

daintydoll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Definitely INFP.
When she did photography she talked about how she wanted to express her emotions through it. She also talked about how writing is like therapy for her because she can express herself through it it. I also once saw what she had written to her fans in an email on her twitter and she mentioned how she felt like nobody understood her and the only way that would help her was to cry to a song that related to her in that moment. Being an INFP I can relate.

Last edited:

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's totally Fi. Does her own thing. Has a very individualistic, very personal vision. She expresses herself through music which is a very Fi thing to do. I have no doubt she is a Fi-dom. However, I am unsure whether she's an INFP or an ISFP. From just her work, I would've guessed INFP. All of the songs on Crybaby are connected which is quite Ne and she uses grand metaphors in her lyrics (the connection of children's topics to adult ones). However, in interviews I am almost convinced she's Se. She talks about how she sees songs almost in a visual way and how everything she makes has a very visual element. She made her album a story-book and took many of the pictures for it and she dresses in a way that reflects her album is also extremely well put together despite being odd. She also seems to have a more focused vision for the future instead of exploring possibilities (Ni over Ne). So I'm going to go with ISFP with very well-developed Ni. She comes up with personal (Fi) sensory based material (Se) and ties it all together with Ni.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think she's an ISFP. I know that a lot of very creative music artists that focus on projecting a very artsy image, like Lady Gaga for example, tend to be ISFPs. Melanie may be very independent and not care what others think of her, but she does put a lot thought into her outfits, something that a lot of INFPs tend to not care for.

leictreon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
I luuuuuuuuuv Melanie.

Strong Fi, so IxFP. But I can't tell if she's INFP or ISFP.

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she does put a lot thought into her outfits, something that a lot of INFPs tend to not care for.

as an INFP I can absolutely second this ;)

Melanie seems to be a clear INFJ to me, she's fantastic.
however, the personality manifested on Crybaby is very ISFP to me for some reason.

mortuusmemes

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would lean towards infp as sensors are very realistic and she seems more imaginative