User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Hey, if it counts for anything, some of my favorite characters EVER are INTP... Donatello, Egon, and many more. So what if they are nerdy, nervy, completely stereotyped? A cool character is a cool character, and that's that.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

Daria!
    Likes Angel Cake liked this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    953 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

People are always debating as to whether Daria is INTP or INTJ

People are always debating as to whether Sherlock in BBC is INTP or INTJ

People are always debating as to whether Sheldon in Big Bang Thoery is INTP or INTJ

So even if we say they're INTP ... are they really? >>
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Michiru/Sailor Neptune is probably an INTP. I like her.
    Last edited by neko 4; 02-13-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: made a mistake

MBTI
    INTP

I think it's because narratives generally centre around the protagonist's growth journey, and the growth journey for an INTP is different to many other types. (A lot of the protagonists in my own stories are either INTPs or ENTPs, because that's where I'm coming from.)
    Also, all characters are pawns to the story and need to be manipulated by the writer for the sake of the story. An INTP's response to external events might make it harder to use them like this. Like, imagine if one of us was targeted by Voldemort? My first thought would be something like 'f*** it I' m going home.' Or something random. Like. Lick Voldemort on the face. Just lick him on the face. I wouldn't do it. But I'd start laughing and he'd think I was crazy and get freaked out. Gotta keep him guessing, ya know.
    Anyway
    Anti-plot slice of life stories seem to have more INTPs than other genres. Also comedies. Mai from Nichijou might be an INTP, and she's iconic.
    Could we consider Mr Bean an INTP?
    I like to think of Shigure from Fruits Basket as an INTP. He's the puppet master of the whole plot, but most characters never realise it because of his playful demeanour and the fact that he stays home all day writing novels from his bean bag. But he's so powerful behind the facade. He's the type of character that's usually claimed by Ni users but he's so clearly a Ne and Ti user that I think it's fair for us to claim him.
    Almost too Ti to function.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    953 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildmoon View Post
    I think it's because narratives generally centre around the protagonist's growth journey, and the growth journey for an INTP is different to many other types. (A lot of the protagonists in my own stories are either INTPs or ENTPs, because that's where I'm coming from.)
    Also, all characters are pawns to the story and need to be manipulated by the writer for the sake of the story. An INTP's response to external events might make it harder to use them like this. Like, imagine if one of us was targeted by Voldemort? My first thought would be something like 'f*** it I' m going home.' Or something random. Like. Lick Voldemort on the face. Just lick him on the face. I wouldn't do it. But I'd start laughing and he'd think I was crazy and get freaked out. Gotta keep him guessing, ya know.
    Anyway
    Anti-plot slice of life stories seem to have more INTPs than other genres. Also comedies. Mai from Nichijou might be an INTP, and she's iconic.
    Could we consider Mr Bean an INTP?
    I like to think of Shigure from Fruits Basket as an INTP. He's the puppet master of the whole plot, but most characters never realise it because of his playful demeanour and the fact that he stays home all day writing novels from his bean bag. But he's so powerful behind the facade. He's the type of character that's usually claimed by Ni users but he's so clearly a Ne and Ti user that I think it's fair for us to claim him.
    As an ENTP I'd subject myself to Voldemort simply out of curiosity and the fascinating challenge and wanting to understand him. And if any opportunity presents itself, perhaps claim some power and turn on him later before I become disposable. Makes for more interesting shit when you're crazy and risky. Or just all in all the humor, and messing with people. I mean fuck it, I'll be at risk anyway might as well play the game and see where I can take it or if I can beat it.

An INTP don't wanna expend that energy even if they're intrigued I'd assume. At least not at much risk. And more of their life is still in their head, rather than outside of it. Same with their thoughts. Protagonists general externalize a lot more to keep entertainment.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

ENTP-ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so
    Likes wildmoon liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Oh I just remembered, I think Fagin from Oliver is an INTP, at least in the 1968 film. His song ‘reviewing the situation’ is such a mood haha.
    Almost too Ti to function.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    953 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

My favorite INTP lol, Death from Discworld

ENTP-ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so