• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Colbert Officially Typed On The Late Night Show As INFP!

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Persona or the person?

That lady appeared unprepared for Colbert's games.
And her words float like mad.

Neat.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I suspect INFP is his correct type. I'm forever posting that I think there's a significant tendency for INFs to come out INT on typical MBTI tests (including the official test), so when an IN (and I think that's what Colbert is) comes out F, I'm inclined to take that as a pretty good F indicator.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think it's a good indicator too of how chameleon-like we can be. I sometimes feel like I could emulate anyone, that I can be lots of different kinds of people, I can pretend to be almost anything that you want me to be. But being myself, oh how that can seem like the hardest thing to be of all, knowing who that person is and not trying to fit into anyone else's idea of what role I am supposed to fulfil for them.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I FUCKING KNEW IT! I knew it so hard!

I thought it was really obvious, but then I'd see people typing him all sorts of other ways. :shrug:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Colbert is INFP. Stewart is ENTP.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, Colbert cant possibly be a INFJ. Those motherfuckers are unicorns from what I heard. [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] back me up on this.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, Colbert cant possibly be a INFJ. Those motherfuckers are unicorns from what I heard. @Forever back me up on this.

:unicorn: Neigh and sparkles.
I'll have to do some research on Colbert. Brb.

á´…eparted

passages
Still don't like him. I tend to agree with his politics but something about him just pisses me off. Can't watch him.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's a good indicator too of how chameleon-like we can be. I sometimes feel like I could emulate anyone, that I can be lots of different kinds of people, I can pretend to be almost anything that you want me to be. But being myself, oh how that can seem like the hardest thing to be of all, knowing who that person is and not trying to fit into anyone else's idea of what role I am supposed to fulfil for them.

<--- INFP?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, Colbert cant possibly be a INFJ. Those motherfuckers are unicorns from what I heard.

Oh INFJs exist, they just are not funny, at all. People who take themselves that seriously rarely are.... There is a reason no one suspects any comedian is an INFJ, yet it is not terribly unusual for a comedian to be typed as INFP.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hell yes he is.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh INFJs exist, they just are not funny, at all. People who take themselves that seriously rarely are.... There is a reason no one suspects any comedian is an INFJ, yet it is not terribly unusual for a comedian to be typed as INFP.

OrangeAppled why? I would think an INFJ would have a very interesting sense of humor, I would think it would be all about connections in funny and odd ways as a comedian. Some people argue Jerry Seinfeld is an INFJ, and with his humor you can see how he usually posts connections, I don't think he's funny 100% of the time, but Ne humor isn't everything either.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OrangeAppled why? I would think an INFJ would have a very interesting sense of humor, I would think it would be all about connections in funny and odd ways as a comedian. Some people argue Jerry Seinfeld is an INFJ, and with his humor you can see how he usually posts connections, I don't think he's funny 100% of the time, but Ne humor isn't everything either.

You would think so....because you haven't actually met a funny INFJ. :devil:

Seinfield seems more like an ISTJ. People confuse Si and Ni. That Ni-dom are not common, I will agree.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, Colbert cant possibly be a INFJ. Those motherfuckers are unicorns from what I heard. [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] back me up on this.

Yeah, he's obviously an INFJ you guys.

MiStYpE\!!!11

He's over 30 and has hasn't killed himself wtf:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You would think so....because you haven't actually met a funny INFJ. :devil:

Seinfield seems more like an ISTJ. People confuse Si and Ni. That Ni-dom are not common, I will agree.

I don't know if this is cheating, but could I count myself? I find myself incredibly funny, but for your point.. probably not. Have you?
I will have to check further on that. Some call him ENXP as well. Even though I would think Kramer would easily take the cake for NP humor or P at least.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if this is cheating, but could I count myself? I find myself incredibly funny, but for your point.. probably not. Have you?
I will have to check further on that. Some call him ENXP as well. Even though I would think Kramer would easily take the cake for NP humor or P at least.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that he's at least NP. People who I like mentally are generally heavy Ne users.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have. Many people have.

It's quite silly to say that it's impossible for one type to not be funny.

A moment of funny is not the same as being defined as a "funny person".

Of course I have heard an INFJ say something amusing...but renowned for their hilarity, they are not.

Is it impossible? No, not any more than an ESTJ being renowned for their poetry.