• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bones

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
" Bones " - ENTP
FBI agent Booth - ISFJ
Angela Montenegro - ENFP
Dr. Jack Hodgins- ENTP
Dr. Zack Addy - INTP ?

Last edited:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are my guesses:

Brennan: INTJ (though sometimes she is portrayed more like an INTP)
Booth: ENFJ
Angela: ENFP (definitely!)
Hodgins: ENTP (not too sure about this)
Zack: INTP
Dr Soroyan: ENTJ
Dr Sweets: INFJ (he desperately wants to be liked, but is quite secretive at times)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are my guesses:

Brennan: INTJ (though sometimes she is portrayed more like an INTP)
Booth: ENFJ
Angela: ENFP (definitely!)
Hodgins: ENTP (not too sure about this)
Zack: INTP
Dr Sweets: INFJ (he desperately wants to be liked, but is quite secretive at times)

agreed

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a lot of N-types; maybe the writers are Intuitives?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a lot of N-types; maybe the writers are Intuitives?

its Ms. Reich's story
look her up- i bet she's an INTJ, or ENTJ
but definitely a thinker

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There was a thread earlier about Brennan's type, so I might be repeating myself.

At any rate-
Bones: INTP (but I could go INTJ)
Booth: ESFJ (You can see all his Si in his respect for the church, etc- his cultural traditions that Bones tends to reject. His Fe is obvious in his approach and strength to solving mysteries through determining motive and understanding people.)
Cam: ESTJ
Zach: INTP
Jack Hodgins: ENTP
Angela: ISFP

ygolo

My termites win
Booth:IsFJ
Brennan: ENTp
Angela: ENFP
Hodgins: EnTP
Zack: INTp
Dr Soroyan: EsTJ
Dr Sweets: INFp

New season start next week?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Booth:IsFJ
Brennan: ENTp
Angela: ENFP
Hodgins: EnTP
Zack: INTp
Dr Soroyan: EsTJ
Dr Sweets: INFp

New season start next week?

these are good, too
bones is definitely a dominant perceiver
i still think INTJ - she Fi's all over the place
"what does that mean ? "
" this was brutal, what kind of person does this "

ygolo

My termites win
"What does that mean?" is a favorite question of mine, and a common one for NTs in general. Essentially asking for defenitions.

Most of the time what she comments on as "brutal" is clearly brutal, and I am usually thinking the same thing when she says it.

She is very big on following process, and not making conclusions too quickly. Seems like a P thing. Her appartment is rather organized, however. So it seems like P under control.

She strikes me more as an enneagram 8 than a 5 or 4. Not that it means for sure she is an ENT.

When it comes to typing NTs (and I fairly certain she is), I look at the problem-solving style.

Each NT has their own approach, and that approach is usually well ingrained and improved upon. That is hard for me to explain. I rely on my math-team experience, and match-up with old team-mates styles. INTJs and ENTPs have rather distinct styles from each other. INTJs like to look for some deep symbolic "meaning" to the problem they are solving (and are amazingly sucessful at finding it). I call it "inside-out" problem solving. ENTPs, on the other hand, seem to just blow through problems as if they were composed of a series of trivial sub-problems, and a few sticky points that require "break-throughs" by having "epiphanies." I call this "outside-in" problem solving. Brenan really seems outside-in.

The biggest tip-off is Interaction Style. ENTJs are In-Charge types and want to see results and see them quickly (Cam is a prime example of this style, though I think she is EsTJ who is also In-Charge style). INTJs are Chart-the-Course and plan out a way to get the results (Brennan does almost none of this and seems to take things as they come). INTPs are behind-the-scenes types, an like to work for "optimal" results (Zack was a good example of this). ENTPs are Get-Things-Going style and want to make sure there is always progress, and delegate to people they trust (this really seems like Brenan's style).

Also, I kind of "auto-type" characters and in the first episode Brennan and Angela seemed like a portotipical pair of EPs caught-up in a strange situation.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ygolo - i can see that
i have gained a respect for you that was waiting to be discovered
she does seem rather airy - something an EP would be famous for - ala angela and bones

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Brennan/"Bones" - INTJ. She might've been ENTJ if she hadn't been traumatized by the family issues (her parents going missing when she was 15). I don't think she's an extremely high N type, but I will say N because of all her theoretical anthropology and how she's constantly extrapolating her theories to real life situations.

Booth - ENFP, also a lowish N but I'd still say N, he seems to be able to pick up people's hidden motives/issues too well

Angela - ENFP

Hodgins - ENTP

Zach - ISTJ

Sweets - ENFJ, he oozes Fe

Cam - obvious ESTJ

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Odd.. I'd have placed Bones as an ISTJ due to her rarely being conceptual and mostly basing things on "facts" and what can be observed more than what can be extrapolated from the general evidence.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Xander said:
Odd.. I'd have placed Bones as an ISTJ due to her rarely being conceptual and mostly basing things on "facts" and what can be observed more than what can be extrapolated from the general evidence.

But it seems to come from an idealistic place. A strict scientific value in evidence only and *not* from "reading" or "reinterpreting" the contexts (aka, not internal percieving). Plus she has no regard for traditions, except those she's studied to have logical benefit.

ygolo said:
Each NT has their own approach, and that approach is usually well ingrained and improved upon. That is hard for me to explain. I rely on my math-team experience, and match-up with old team-mates styles. INTJs and ENTPs have rather distinct styles from each other. INTJs like to look for some deep symbolic "meaning" to the problem they are solving (and are amazingly sucessful at finding it). I call it "inside-out" problem solving. ENTPs, on the other hand, seem to just blow through problems as if they were composed of a series of trivial sub-problems, and a few sticky points that require "break-throughs" by having "epiphanies." I call this "outside-in" problem solving. Brenan really seems outside-in.

Really convincing post . :)

A frequent conflict seems to be Booth process jumping to conclusions vs. Bones holding back... The lab squints in general have a very P (Ne) approach to solving the mysteries, you're right.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
But it seems to come from an idealistic place. A strict scientific value in evidence only and *not* from "reading" or "reinterpreting" the contexts (aka, not internal percieving). Plus she has no regard for traditions, except those she's studied to have logical benefit.
The ISTJ I know only has time for traditions which are of value too. He knows the traditions which he doesn't have time for but he considers them not worth the effort and so doesn't bother... like the tradition of throwing away a t-shirt when it has a hole big enough for his head!

Also Bones seems easy to upset which would fit with the ISTJ shadow of ENFP. INTJs, ime, tend to not worry about if they are accepted or not, or deal with it with venom. Bones seems more put off when her "logical" actions offend people.. that just doesn't say NT to me.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Bones ENTx?
ENTJ take charge... do things my way... hollistic planning... I don't see it.
ENTP mentally flexible...a million ideas a second..concept, concept, concept... nope, still don't see it.

Why ENTx?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bones ENTx?
ENTJ take charge... do things my way... hollistic planning... I don't see it.
ENTP mentally flexible...a million ideas a second..concept, concept, concept... nope, still don't see it.

Why ENTx?

I know, right ? I was thinking INTP......
but then i thought about how she is in charge but isn't
ENTP makes the most sense
and then i though about how Fi could be aspirational if she isn't an INTJ
but she isn't Te

so ENTP for her-as decided, long ago

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I know, right ? I was thinking INTP......
but then i thought about how she is in charge but isn't
ENTP makes the most sense
and then i though about how Fi could be aspirational if she isn't an INTJ
but she isn't Te

so ENTP for her-as decided, long ago
She'd be a quite low energy ENTP if that were true.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I originally thought she was INTJ, but she smacks of INTP. Her quest for the ultimate truth at all times etc.