• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bones

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Bones- INTP (not ENTP -- her Ne actually appears to be unnaturally weak; she seems to run on a weird Ti-Si loop).
Booth- ESFJ
Hodgins- ENTP
Angela- ESTP (ST rather than N or F -- her sexuality is just Se at work, and she appears deductive rather than intuitive).
Zack- INTP

That's called Fe.

I actually agree with this, but I still think she's an N. She's strongly Ti rather than Te, and she seems Si rather than Se.

Bones is not a J? Thats funny. She clearly uses Te. She talks about being objective when looking at evidence and she also talks about hating psychology, which is so out of the realm of ISTJ.

I really dont get why its so hard to type the people from bones. They practically tell you who is what type in the show. Bones bitches about how booth uses so much intuition and booth rolls his eyes at how bones only sees what is blatantly fact. There really isnt an easier show to type people.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
bones => ISTJ 5w6
Booth => ESFJ 2w3
Angela => ENFP 7w6 (yhe ENFP with ESTP trends)
Camille Soryan => ESTJ 1w2
Hodgins => ENTP 5w4
Lance Sweet => INFJ 6w5 (meaby ISFJ)
Zack Addy => INTP 5w4

Fluorescent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
HOT
Bones - ISTJ (Same case I'd make for Sheldon, being a scientist doesn't make you a N. She's literal minded, pays extreme attention to practical details and has a hard time understanding pop culture and anything that deviates from the norm. I still recall an episode set in a fetish club, she was completely flabbergasted and attempted to find a logical or cultural explanation while Booth kept trying to tell her that no, those people just got off to weird shit. She exudes si)
Booth - ENFJ
Angela - ENFP
Hodgins - ENTP
Sweets - INFP (He's a behavioural psychologist, of course he can read people. But he's no INFJ.)
Cam - ESTJ
Zack - INTP

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Booth => ESFJ 2w3
Angela => ENFP 7w6 (yhe ENFP with ESTP trends)
Camille Soryan => ESTJ 1w2

Booth is most def an N. They talk about how hes intuitive all the time. His Se is also obvious.
Angela: The bitchyness has to be attributed to her enneagram and instinctual variant.
Soroyan: Shes ENTJ, she can actually read people a little bit (N).

Pretty much agree with the rest, havent really put any thought into zacks enneagram

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Bones is not a J? Thats funny. She clearly uses Te. She talks about being objective when looking at evidence and she also talks about hating psychology, which is so out of the realm of ISTJ.

I really dont get why its so hard to type the people from bones. They practically tell you who is what type in the show. Bones bitches about how booth uses so much intuition and booth rolls his eyes at how bones only sees what is blatantly fact. There really isnt an easier show to type people.

I think people in this thread are either projecting their own type, hatred of another type, or are confusing intelligence with N. I'm in agreement with you there. Bones and Booth are the most obvious types of the whole show.

Bones - ISTJ - There is NO way she is an N. She definitely uses Te. She is so ISTJ that it's painful.

Booth - ENFJ - There is no way he uses anything other than Ni and Fe. You could maybe debate that he is an introvert, but he uses tons of Ni and Fe everywhere. If he didn't, he wouldn't be so proficient at his job. He is extremely perceptive to other's feelings, motivations, and emotions, and he is always making intuitive leaps. He is really the polar opposite of Bones. I have no idea why people keep saying ESFJ. You can be intuitive and still have traditions.

Less obvious types where I could be off the mark...

Angela - iSFP

Sweets - INFJ

Hodgins - ENTP

Cam - EsTJ

It's kind of difficult for me to determine I vs E on this show actually...

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Interesting how ISFP/ENFP and ISTP/ENTP get mixed a lot here. How come? ISxx shouldn't be so similar to ENxx.

Bones seems ISTJ alright with a little aspergers stuff and just very science oriented.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I couldn't type Booth for the longest time. I think he's more ENFJ than ENFP. But he is so self-contained and controlled, doesn't seem to lead with Fe. But he is quite sentimental, maybe he's just very masculine.

Brennan is a tough one. She is much more verbal and aggressive than ISTJs I know. I have always thought she is INTJ. She has all the personality traits, arrogant, highly competent, completely rational, do not get 'humans' at all.

I had the same problem typing Booth. I think your justification is okay.

As for Bones, same problems again just as you say. Seemingly has all those stereotypical INTJ traits and the writers sometimes explicitly put words in her mouth to make her sound Ni. Still the way she thinks otherwise seems extremely concrete. Also she cares a bit more about people than INTJs do, cares about learning to be less arrogant and all that.

Angela is said to live to in the present, not really Ne-dom.

Angela ISFP
Hodgins ENTP
Saroyan ENTJ
Sweets INFP
Zack INTP

If Brennan is INTJ and Angela is ENFP, they fit very well together. When I type, I also use the socionics relations theory. I find them to be very, very accurate. And I have used the relations system for a few years now.

Bones seems to be more Se than Ni in Socionics. More LSI than ILI. ILI-Te could be second option but I don't really see it. Look at Clark, much more Ni (in Socionics).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hodgins reminds me of INFJ men i know. That combination of T and F. He is very emotionally childlike and mentally Ti all driven by Ni intuition.

Nothing like ENTP men i know, not even ENTPs on here. Different playfulness, different type of wonder, etc.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hodgins reminds me of INFJ men i know. That combination of T and F. He is very emotionally childlike and mentally Ti all driven by Ni intuition.

Nothing like ENTP men i know, not even ENTPs on here. Different playfulness, different type of wonder, etc.

I don't see INFJs childlike emotionally in this way.

He does display Ne+Ti with his love of experimenting with shit. :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see INFJs childlike emotionally in this way.

He does display Ne+Ti with his love of experimenting with shit. :)

:shrug: ehhh...i usually stay out of these because i read the person to much. I am sure they dont do an MBTI assessment to make sure they got the matching MBTI person. Ti logic that is :D

He does love to experiment, he is way to thourough to be an NeTi though. I say his Ti is more in support of his Ni. To much depth for Ne. He is definately N.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
:shrug: ehhh...i usually stay out of these because i read the person to much. I am sure they dont do an MBTI assessment to make sure they got the matching MBTI person. Ti logic that is :D

He does love to experiment, he is way to thourough to be an NeTi though. I say his Ti is more in support of his Ni. To much depth for Ne. He is definately N.

I did originally type him as INTP but he's a bit too extraverted for that - I'm sure ENTP can be thorough in doing a paid job that they also love doing.

PS: Yeah I don't think the series creators used MBTI otherwise :)

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Bones - ISTJ (Same case I'd make for Sheldon, being a scientist doesn't make you a N. She's literal minded, pays extreme attention to practical details and has a hard time understanding pop culture and anything that deviates from the norm. I still recall an episode set in a fetish club, she was completely flabbergasted and attempted to find a logical or cultural explanation while Booth kept trying to tell her that no, those people just got off to weird shit. She exudes si)
Booth - ENFJ
Angela - ENFP
Hodgins - ENTP
Sweets - INFP (He's a behavioural psychologist, of course he can read people. But he's no INFJ.)
Cam - ESTJ
Zack - INTP
then booth is not enfj then, they seem like they were opposites

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
ISTJ and ENFJ are opposites enough except for the last letter. No?

No, enfjs and istjs have no functions in common, their relationship seems to be duals or semi duals or supervision, I think booth might be enxj 7 so because of ni, his gut, brennan is intp 5w4 so sx

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
No, enfjs and istjs have no functions in common, their relationship seems to be duals or semi duals or supervision, I think booth might be enxj 7 so because of ni, his gut, brennan is intp 5w4 so sx

Look ISTJ != SLI.

Solves the problem.

Don't expect a 1:1 correspondence between the two typologies. I'm for example ISTJ and LSI. But someone else who types as ISTJ in MBTI could end up as LSE-Si for example.

Though, if you hold a gun to my head and ask what type ISTJ matches the most in Socionics, I'd say LSI. Note this is strictly with official MBTI dichotomies in mind, none of the jung-MBTI nonsense mix.

EDIT: ok, I see now that you type Bones as INTP in MBTI. Maybe, but she sure is no LII in Socionics.

ShadowsRose

Actually I know A female INTJ and when I see Brennan it reminds me of my sister. Tolerant of other cultures, looking for more information and any facts a situation may give, arogant...to those who don't know her, not afriad to tell you your wrong if she thinks you are. Those are things I think just anyone can see but there is more than just that that makes me think of my sister when it comes to Brennan. When it comes to social cues I'm better. I'm an INFP, and she's constantly asking me things on the feeling side. Just this morning she asked me why someone appologized for walking around us when we were obviously walking to slow for the person. As for social situations? Introverts especially INTJ's can deal with them and many can look like they belong or are enjoying themselves and to an extent depending on the social situation we do, but chances are when we get home...we just want to be left alone, to our own devices so we can rebuild any walls we may have and recharge.
Most people don't know an actual INTJ and of those who do how many are considered just acquaintances and don't truly know them? They care, they care a lot, and are more aware of theor emotions than most realize, they can use sarcasm to great effect but have problems recognizing it when used on them. INTJ's are very selective of who they open up to, who gets to see the real them. Most of the opening up happens to family who know almost everything they lived through, close friends they actually trust and their boyfriend/girlfriend. We see Brennan around people she trusts, friends, family....Booth. I'm not surprised she opens up to them, or that she wants to be able to do better in social situations or at least asks questions pertaining to social situations and other peoples emotions, it's just something else for them to learn even if they don't like it or under stand why people can be so comolicated. To me, someone who was raised with an INTJ...yes I think she is one.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rewatching this series after not viewing for a few yrs. I was sad when it ended, but it definitely didn’t have anywhere else to go, so I think it”s best it went out on a relatively high note.

Tentative typings-

Temperance “Bones” Brennan: INTJ, possibly ISTJ.
Seeley Booth: FJ, leaning toward ESFJ at the moment.

These next 3 are so much their type it hurts:

Angela Montenegro: ENFP
Jack Hodgins: ENTP
Zack Addy: INTP

Will add more characters later.

briannacombs

Brennan- INTJ. I think she has some INTP vibes and ENTJ. But primarily INTJ.
Hodgins - ENTP
Zack - INTP
Booth - ESFJ
Angela - ENFP