• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bones

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
The ISTJ I know only has time for traditions which are of value too. He knows the traditions which he doesn't have time for but he considers them not worth the effort and so doesn't bother... like the tradition of throwing away a t-shirt when it has a hole big enough for his head!

Also Bones seems easy to upset which would fit with the ISTJ shadow of ENFP. INTJs, ime, tend to not worry about if they are accepted or not, or deal with it with venom. Bones seems more put off when her "logical" actions offend people.. that just doesn't say NT to me.

I think she just seems confused when she offends people, and not particularly upset.

I don't get how some people think she is an E, particularly if they have watched all going-on-four seasons... explain please?

ygolo

My termites win
I think she just seems confused when she offends people, and not particularly upset.

I don't get how some people think she is an E, particularly if they have watched all going-on-four seasons... explain please?

The extrovert thing:
1) Don't be thrown of by her being a "squint." There are plenty of extroverted lab geeks in real-life too. She really fits the ENTP mold....The professor who juggles book writing, speaking at universities/conferences, teaching classes/or apprentecships, solving murder mysteries, while keeping a very active personal life with many hobbies, and sometimes even juggling multiple partners. She is constantly multi-tasking. A lot of it is inferred, but if you pay close attention, you can see her doing it during the show.

2) She has little if anything in the way of being "reserved." If there is a candidate for simply saying what comes to mind, she's one...even more than Hodgens, Cam, or Angela. She almost always takes initiative, and likes to have a fairly large influence in her surroundings.

I have a hard time seeing her as an introvert. Note that extrovert does not always mean chatter-box.

The reason I say EP, beyond the heavy emphasis on "process" is the way she "flits" in conversation. Try to keep track of who does the changes in non-case related conversation.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The extrovert thing:
1) Don't be thrown of by her being a "squint." There are plenty of extroverted lab geeks in real-life too. She really fits the ENTP mold....The professor who juggles book writing, speaking at universities/conferences, teaching classes/or apprentecships, solving murder mysteries, while keeping a very active personal life with many hobbies, and sometimes even juggling multiple partners. She is constantly multi-tasking. A lot of it is inferred, but if you pay close attention, you can see her doing it during the show.

2) She has little if anything in the way of being "reserved." If there is a candidate for simply saying what comes to mind, she's one...even more than Hodgens, Cam, or Angela. She almost always takes initiative, and likes to have a fairly large influence in her surroundings.

I have a hard time seeing her as an introvert. Note that extrovert does not always mean chatter-box.

The reason I say EP, beyond the heavy emphasis on "process" is the way she "flits" in conversation. Try to keep track of who does the changes in non-case related conversation.

hmm
aspires to record what her Ne and Ti picks up
is working on Fe-at least the social mores
and she's not possesive like an INTJ would be with relationships
she is very airy-

T

ThatGirl

I just dvred this show

Bones is deffinatley NT
Booth is NF

I loved the way they stuck her positioned right in the middle of three guys each representing the theory mind body and soul. Gee I wonder who she will end up with.

And the intern or whatever she is is brilliantly annoying

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Sweets is Fe. Maybe INFJ, but really laid back for an INFJ. He has an NFP approach almost.

Booth always seemed ESTP to me. He lacks some of the sensitivities of an NF. And he has no time for philosophising. Also believes that the law stands paramount, but maybe just because he is a policeman. Might be an ENFJ? They said he was an ethical intuitive in one of the episodes.

Angela - ENFP (heart to hearts, bending the system, and the like. She is also the only F who approaches Brennan and Zack as equals when it comes to feeling).

Zack - INTP (with Asperger's)

Brennan - ENTP? not sure at all.

Piedpiper

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, there are only two possiblities for Brennan, ESTJ or ISTJ. She is FAR too S to be confused for an N. She completely lacks the ability to pick up non-verbal comunication and takes everything extremely literally. She's a scientist, but that does not make her an INTJ because one of the names for the type is "The Scientist". She takes pleasure in the process of science, and she sees the "facts" as the only real truth...S! lol. She's nowhere close to being ENTP. I'd say ESTJ.
As for Booth, he's ENTJ, he has a hard time talking about his feelings with anyone (including Brennan), though he is willing to coach people through their own problems. He loves to be in charge, to marshal and direct. All these are classic attributes of the ENTJ.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
All I know about Bones is that she's a sexy motherbitch.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'd agree with ISTJ for Bones. Maybe INTJ.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i always thought of Booth as an ENFJ and Brennan as INTJ/ISTJ.

I think Angela is an ESFP.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Odd.. I'd have placed Bones as an ISTJ due to her rarely being conceptual and mostly basing things on "facts" and what can be observed more than what can be extrapolated from the general evidence.

I changed my mind from my OP, and I agree with you about Brennan as an ISTJ. The last half of Season 4 did it for me.... For some reason though she did seem closer to the S/N border in the first season or two.

I now wonder what took me so long to see it, but then, I realize that I saw similarities between her and myself because of some of the psychological issues underlying the typology. haha.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
The extrovert thing:

I understand your reasoning and it does make sense, but I would still respectfully disagree :) To me she actually seems very reserved, just not at all shy. I think the willingness to speak her mind comes from two things: her extreme T-ness and her relational ignorance/cluelessness. She does not seek out socialization time, and she enjoys her time by herself.

I also recall an episode where her brother was remembering her during high school, and he stated that during those years, she would barely say two words to anyone all day.

As far as number 1, I am a definite introvert, and I juggle marriage, graduate school, pets, volunteering, church, seeing patients at work, doing research, a lot of hobbies, and maintaining a relatively active social life. I am a natural multi-tasker as well. So that argument doesn't really convince me, haha :)

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
My guesses:

" Bones " - ISTJ
FBI agent Booth - ENFJ
Angela Montenegro - ENFP
Dr. Jack Hodgins- ENTP
Dr. Zack Addy - INTP

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
the television series bones

Though I have always been sensitive to gruesome crime shows, this one is very impressive to me. It is very intellectually stimulating. I am very curious about the main characters.

I am very drawn to Bones and greatly admire her. She is too outside the norm to be ISTJ. She doesn't strike me as a sensible and responsible Guardian type. To me, she is most definitely an INTJ, though her intuition is not as developed as her other three traits. She very calmly listens to people explain complicated emotional situations to her. ISTJs are angrier, no? More reactive.

Booth is very puzzling to me. He doesn't seem to be intuitive and he seems to be quite the typical ESTP. Who else would wear a belt buckle with Cocky on it? He seems very sensory oriented, but yet he is always talking about his 'guts', his intuition. He seems too compassionate to be ESTP, too tough to be ENFP, too controlled to be ESFJ, too rebellious to be ESTJ... ENFJ seems to be the most likely.

Angela is the perfect ENFP.

Hodgins I always thought is either ISTP or INTP, but ENTP seems right, though I don't know much about that type.

My friend thinks Cam is very attractive but I don't, at all. I am generally not intrigued by XSXJ types. ESTJ sounds perfect for her, a very controlled and organized woman.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I am very drawn to Bones and greatly admire her. She is too outside the norm to be ISTJ. She doesn't strike me as a sensible and responsible Guardian type.

ISTJ + mild asperger = Not the typical schoolbook SJ temperament :yes:

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Booth - ENFP, also a lowish N but I'd still say N, he seems to be able to pick up people's hidden motives/issues too well

Isn't that just because he's trained to do so? I always figured him for a Sensor, because he always seems so grounded and aware.

In those shrink episodes after the clown incident, he got really confused when the shrink tried to make him see his own and his family's behaviour patterns. Tbh I don't really think an NF would object so blatantly to navel-gazing.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Bones-ISTJ. Her home life was nothing but normal, so she doesn't develop classic SJ value system. She values her only real guide and source of comfort: objectivity, the scientific process, facts.

Booth-ESFJ

Cam-ESTJ

Hodgins-ISTP

Zach-INTP Aspy

Dr. Sweets-xNFJ

Angela- ISFP