• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bane in the Dark Knight Rises

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think his MBTI type was? I think Se might have been somewhere in the stack because of the physique, but otherwise I'm not sure.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bane knows exactly what people are looking for at that particular moment in time, and knows exactly how to exploit it for his own purposes. He claims to offer salvation, but really offers destruction.

Starry

*tha voice :wubbie:

or no...

dat voice :wubbie:

(I have a cold okay?)

*def ENFJ. I would say most likely 6w5 sx/so

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I don't see why people keep typing him as an ENFJ. Not that that's not possible but it's not the first thing that crosses my mind.

ENFJs have a likeable thing going on. That Fe. Even if you dislike their beliefs it's kinda hard to not like them. That's the charm of the most charming type in MBTI - ENFJ.

Bane didn't fit that.

Starry

I don't see why people keep typing him as an ENFJ. Not that that's not possible but it's not the first thing that crosses my mind.

ENFJs have a likeable thing going on. That Fe. Even if you dislike their beliefs it's kinda hard to not like them. That's the charm of the most charming type in MBTI - ENFJ.

Bane didn't fit that.

How many ENFJs do you know?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
How many ENFJs do you know?

2 males and 2 females

I am attracted to all four of them/they were all attractive. They are just so magnetic. Actually the males were cooler.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Bane didn't fit that.

I think that Fe, when guided by enneagram 6w5, will only be charming if people want charming. If people want something else, they will give that.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I think that Fe, when guided by enneagram 6, will only be charming if people want charming. If people want something else, they will give that.

I agree with this.

However, they still kinda have that charm.

Starry

2 males and 2 females

I am attracted to all four of them/they were all attractive. They are just so magnetic. Actually the males were cooler.

Oh whoops...I actually wasn't expecting a literal answer haha. Vulcan actually said it perfectly below you here as I saw his post before I caught this.

I have an INFJ 6w5 sx/so sister and while she is most definitely a force to be reckoned with she doesn't possess the same inexplicable witch powers as my grandmother...a true ENFJ with the same enneagram placement and stacking.

My grandmother was the meanest human being that has ever walked the face of the earth and yet no matter what she did she couldn't stop people from worshiping that same earth she walked on. She was magic.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, you think darkness is your ally.

But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Oh whoops...I actually wasn't expecting a literal answer haha. Vulcan actually said it perfectly below you here as I saw his post before I caught this.

I have an INFJ 6w5 sx/so sister and while she is most definitely a force to be reckoned with she doesn't possess the same inexplicable witch powers as my grandmother...a true ENFJ with the same enneagram placement and stacking.

My grandmother was the meanest human being that has ever walked the face of the earth and yet no matter what she did she couldn't stop people from worshiping that same earth she walked on. She was magic.

So i guess we agree on that part. There is something about them.

So do you see Bane in the same light there? I don't. Professor Xavier played by James McAvoy looks similar to the ENFJs I know. Not saying all ENFJ are like that though.

Ps - Here's a hug for having to grow up with an 6w5 sx/so. :hug:

And another for having to grow up with an NF. NF + NF the drama must have been great. :hug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Someone who has a good handle on Fe, and happens to be enneagram 6w5, can be my worst enemy if we are of different minds about something. When Te or Fi is guided by enneagram 6w5, however, I don't feel threatened even if there are ideological differences.

The problem is that Fe in this instance doesn't really like someone telling them "no." They won't really reach a compromise, although they might appear to in order to further their own goals. I can be prone to falling for that.

Starry

Oh, you think darkness is your ally.

But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it.

"The shadows betray you, because they belong to me."

Don't respond to this because that would immediately turn something with profound meaning into fluff... but I imagine most ENFJs hide their shadows so well few people know they exist.

Starry

So i guess we agree on that part. There is something about them.

So do you see Bane in the same light there? I don't. Professor Xavier played by James McAvoy looks similar to the ENFJs I know. Not saying all ENFJ are like that though.

Ps - Here's a hug for having to grow up with an 6w5 sx/so. :hug:

And another for having to grow up with an NF. NF + NF the drama must have been great. :hug:

I need another hug due the fact my Mom is also ENFJ. I've had three people bossing me around for my entire life (actually I lucked out so massively because in spite of the fact my grandmother was not fond of my Mom or sister or anyone else in our entire family really haha...I was her "buttercup" so she was always wonderful to me.)

Can I make a comparison between this specific Bane and my grandmother? Yes. Very much so haha. I mean, my grandmother had an amazing sense of humor that we do not see out of Bane. But the two clearly shared the same thoughts on injustice and ideas on how to correct the problem by taking over the world.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think the Bane in Batman and Robin was? An INFJ?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He ended up only being a puppet a the end, though. So it makes me wonder just how much he actually believed in what he was doing; or was simply a steroid jacked muscle bound enforcer.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He ended up only being a puppet a the end, though. So it makes me wonder just how much he actually believed in what he was doing; or was simply brainwashed.

Good point, he was following someone else's plan.