• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Social Media - Love it or Hate it

Which social media outlets do you actively use and enjoy?

• Total voters

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius has Facebook and Twitter. On Facebook, Falcarius only really post pictures of when he is on holiday or he sees something interesting or something he found out. On Twitter, he just posts about political things and trolls other local councillors using his real name as he is kinda badass like that.:D

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a variety of different social media. I think they are very useful, if you figure out how to use them well. And they're great at keeping me in touch with far off people.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I liked MySpace. It gave people a lot more control over how they presented themselves aesthetically (music, writings, web design, etc), and made it easier to network around and see new things and meet new people. Felt more open and interesting, at least for people with artistic temperaments, and had more of a sense of traveling around from unique page to unique page. But then the internet became saturated with all the basic types my geeky self was on there to avoid, and everyone switched to Facebook because Facebook let you control OTHERS easier and was more about exclusivity than inclusivity; more about just sitting and navel gazing at your own page (hence the reason it was a lightening rod for the millenial generation- a demographic that lives on wanting to tell others what to do but has zero sense of themselves as individuals separate from the borg). I got a Facebook page too, and I still browse the feed sometimes out of boredom but derive no pleasure from it. Never even bothered with any of the social media platforms that followed it, Facebook more or less ended my old school nerd love affair with the internet of yore. This "basic" internet we have now mostly just turns my stomach.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely love Twitter a little too much; no other site can give you the roller-coaster of emotions it does. Instagram is where I post stories now, if ever (don't use Snapchat as much), and YouTube needs no explanation.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, YouTube is very convenient for watching videos. I rely on it, although I don't really use it as social media. It's more like Spotify to me or something.

The only social media I use is Snapchat. It's okay but there's a lot of functionality things I don't like which makes me hard on it. I mostly use it to bitch about stuff. It's convenient to quickly send pictures to some people.

Lark

I do use it a lot, I try to have a sense of perspective as its just a means of communication to me, I do think that it has positives and negatives.

I'm less conscious of how much time I spend using it these days than I was formerly, I am working and have other demands on my time which kind of regulate it for me and constrain how much time I use it but I am also conscious of feeling like I want to use it when I am occupied doing other things or happy not to be doing anything other than sitting on websites hitting refresh with netflix or amazon on in the background.

So its something I think which you need to be aware of how its effecting you. Like anything else.

mofongo

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hate it, the only social media I use is Youtube and I'm not even particularly social on it, I mainly use it for entertainment/educational purposes. The people who are important to me will have my number or they can just talk to me in person, I don't care to keep up with anyone else.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a Facebook page, which has opened me up to a world rife with idiotic memes, stupid conspiracy theories, and to top it off, a heap of Republicanizing. My favorite experience was someone on my friends list telling me in all seriousness that Democrats are devil worshipers who steal children's blood to stay young. Do I enjoy the site? Take a wild guess. And yet, I find myself irresistibly drawn to it over and over again.