• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Saoirse Ronan? With quotes

Braziliangirl

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Hey! I love Saoirse Ronan, she is very inspiring, and I can't seem to find an accurate type for her. I believe she's an EXXP, but I'm not sure about anything else. She seems to have Se, but also seems very intuitive. Here are some of her quotes:

"I think I do believe in the afterlife; I have heard stories from people who I can completely trust that have seen ghosts."

"I know most of the photographers in Ireland. And if I don?t want my photograph taken, they will leave me alone."

"I wouldn't go down the route of having an assistant. I don't want to be like that. I want to be normal."

"Learning is the most important thing, no mater how you do it, or where you do it, or who you do it with."

"I think it's important that we have strong, female characters in movies now, which can really leave an impression on people, especially young people, and that they're not 'sexy' or 'cool'"

"All teenagers want to rebel a little and break away. But I think you are always going to want to go back to your parents for that safety they provide."

"I love cleaning. I love mopping the floor. If you need your floor mopped, I'm there."

"I?m Irish, so I'm messing all the time. Which means, I'm having a laugh. I'm always making jokes."

"The majority of teenagers don?t even make eye contact with people, even people of the same age."

"For me, clothes are about individuality. When I wear things that are different and it works, it makes me feel good."

"I like books that are exciting and that make you think about things as well."

"I like my characters to be ones I think about long after I?ve finished reading the script."

"I?ve never really felt like I was a child actor. Just an actor who happened to be quite young."

"It?s too distracting to read about yourself. You want to be perfect and you want everyone to love you, and that?s never going to happen."

"That?s what acting is. You?re pretending to be someone else."

"I don?t look at rushes, or I don?t go to the dailies. I don?t even really look at playback? unless it?s an action scene or a move that I need to do better, something like that."

"I don?t think you could get anything worse than losing a child. I think if my child died, I would prefer it if I were dead."

"I play basketball, I surf and swim and go to the cinema and listen to music and read. I like shopping."

"I really want to go to college."

"I think acting is something that is within you. It?s a very natural thing for me. It comes from myself, really."

"There?s no one out there like Quentin Tarantino. His films have a signature look, and they never just stick to the same kind of story."

"When I was younger, I was very athletic and I always loved sports and physical things."

"My whole life I try to make into a comedy, so it would be nice to see that onscreen."

"Vampire teeth really aren?t very efficient, are they? It looks very messy. I?m not sure it?s the best way to get a pint off anyone."

"I don?t feel isolated on a film set. In a way you do because you don?t really mix with the outside world; you?re just sort of working non-stop for a few months, but you?ve got so many people around you."

"Everyone thinks I?m ethereal. But I?m not like that, you know. I?m not ethereal. Well, I might have a little bit of that quality to me, that ?old soul? thing, but I?m not ethereal."

"I don?t mind doing the whole red carpet thing when I have to when it comes to publicizing a movie. But besides that, I don?t like those kinds of things at all. Celebrity status is not really something that appeals to me."

"I?ve always been quite mature because of the way my parents brought me up. They were very good at talking to me like a person rather than a baby, and I was around so many actors and directors from such a young age because my dad is an actor. I was more comfortable with adults rather than actually being an adult child."

"Sometimes the director will want you to write about the character, sometimes he?ll want you to live in the location that the character is from or something like that, but I don?t usually make a lot of notes or anything like that."

"One of the things that would steer me away from a franchise is that I?m playing the same character all the time and I wouldn?t want to be known for that."

"There are a lot of people who say, ?Yeah yeah, I?m a feminist,? and they?re not, actually. I wouldn?t want to throw that word around, because it?s a very strong thing."

"Because fairy tales are surreal and kind of magical and they're never just gritty reality."

(On her fiction movie Hanna): "But it's not always about being realistic; it's just about what's true to the story, and I guess that's what you have to think about. You have to think about the story as your world. You're not living on planet Earth right now, this is your world. And when you understand it thoroughly and you have a sort of instinct, you'll get there, I guess."

"Saoirse has that X Factor. It?s more than just acting skill; she makes you want to watch her. It?s an incredible quality that only the very best film stars have. Saoirse reminds me of a young Cate Blanchett [who worked with Ronan on Hanna]. She?s terrifically gifted and she commands attention ? it?s quite phenomenal. When you say ?cut?, she?s a teenager again, full of life and bouncy and funny and incredibly witty."

And I couldn't find the exact quote, but she says she doesn't think much when choosing her roles, she relies purely on her intuition.

Noon

Karin Dreijer Andersson (INFJ afaik?) said this in an interview:

"It's always fun to try out different roles," she replies. "I would like to quote [gender theorist] Judith Butler, who says, 'We are always in drag'. That has to do with the idea of authenticity: is there really any time when you are your true self? I would say that we're always playing a role. Even guys with guitars who sing about their emotions, they are playing a role of a person who does that."

I can't assume to know exactly what she meant by it, but there was another post here by an INFJ member who mentioned abstraction of the self falling into Ni & Fe territory.

Just speaking from my own personal view (speculative), I think something like it, something like abstraction of self, can arise from an ego-identification with the abstract thoughts (Pi), while holding awareness of the role-negotiation in social contracts from a deconstructive pov like you'd find with Introverted Thinking. Because with Fe you get hyperawareness of where Self stands in relation to Other, it's hard to block out that tune-in even when there's no emotional investment in it.

I consider myself an Fe & Ti user who loops between Dom-Tert because that awareness can feel 'oppressive.' All the limits seem to come from outside rules, whereas on the inside everything is pretty free-flowing and expanding (would say expansive but now I am consciously trying to cut out the unconscious rhymes...).

Ronan could be NFJ?