• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP's in popular culture

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It as an ENTP. Initially (and wrongly) I thought of him as bossy/controlling and more ENTJ, but he was the guy who intentionally caused plans to fail (with comical effect) and loves to play people against each other, more deliberately confrontational than dominating, and remarkably adaptive to unplanned, chaotic situations.

"How dare you! How dare you! Don't you ever, EVER, call me a bully! I'm so much worse than that."

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I could see McMurphy as an ENTP. Peggy Hill is most likely an ESFJ, though.

Some other possible ENTPs I can think of:

Wade Wilson, aka Deadpool (Marvel comics)
Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
Q (Star Trek)
The Doctor (Star Trek: Voyager)
Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter)

I was going to ask what Deadpool's type was, but I don't need to now... I agree btw.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I got caught up in off topic things and forgot to input on topic things into this thread. Here are some:

Dr. Scultz from Djanjo unchained

Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad

Randle McMurphy from One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Rex Hansen from Horrible Bosses 2

Jack Foley from Out of Sight

Peggy Hill from King of the Hill

Doug Ross from ER

Dr. Schultz is indeed an ENTP. I actually forgot to put him on my list

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
King shultz - django unchained (7w6 so/sp)
Elim garak - star trek ds9 (6w7 so/sx)
Shawn spencer - psych (7w6 so/sx)
Vector - despicable me 1 (6w7)
Kumar - harold and kumar (7w8 so/sx probably)
Oh my gosh, GARAK. Yes. Absolutely.

One of the best Star Trek characters ever, IMO.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh my gosh, GARAK. Yes. Absolutely.

One of the best Star Trek characters ever, IMO.

Yesssss i finally found a person who sees eye to eye with me.

Spock from tos
Data from tng
Garak from ds9 (ds9 had a lot of great characters)
Doctor from voyager (cant be compared to the above)
Are the best ever.

However i would place garak on top. He gavr intrigue, humour, darkness and sexual tension. Every moment he was on screen he stole it.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to have him as my avatar but thought he was too clever to be even vaguely associated with me and removed him.

Ps - actually i've met a few people who've agreed that he.is one of thr best star trek characters. But only when i poimted it out as i recall.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to have him as my avatar but thought he was too clever to be even vaguely associated with me and removed him.

Ps - actually i've met a few people who've agreed that he.is one of thr best star trek characters. But only when i poimted it out as i recall.
Haha, yeah. Garak makes me feel like an idiot in comparison.

DS9 still would've been a great show without him. But with him, it was fantastic. He was fascinating to watch, and raised the bar for every episode he was in.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
King shultz - django unchained (7w6 so/sp)
Elim garak - star trek ds9 (6w7 so/sx)
Shawn spencer - psych (7w6 so/sx)
Vector - despicable me 1 (6w7)
Kumar - harold and kumar (7w8 so/sx probably)

Adding to the list -

Curzon - Star Trek DS9 (7w8 and probably sp/sx)

He was only in one episode (Facets) where he took control of Odo's body and he rocked the show that day. I liked what Sisko had to say about him which captured his personality quite well -

Commander Sisko: Let me tell you something about Curzon. He was my friend, he was my confidant - in a way, he was my teacher as well. But he was also manipulative, selfish, and arrogant. Most people let him get away with it because he was so charming. Sometimes, I let him get away with it, too. But from time to time, he'd push me too far, and I'd have to stand up to him, tell him he'd crossed the line.
Lieutenant Jadzia Dax: And how would he react?
Commander Sisko: Sometimes he'd just laugh and admit it. Sometimes he'd be furious. But either way, he'd back off because he knew he was wrong. And he is wrong now.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oberyn Martell from Game of Thrones.

Tyrion, too, I suppose.