• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

High School Musical

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I know, I know. It got old for a lot of people. A lot of people hated it. But I basically grew up on HSM, and I think it would be cool to talk about it! :)

Troy: ESFJ
Gabriella: INFJ
Ryan: ESFP
Sharpay: ENTJ
Chad: ESTP
Taylor: I don't know.
Kelsi: ISFP

For those who enjoyed the movies--which one was your favorite?

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Man it's been a long time since I last saw the HSM movies. Ah, memories. Your types seem accurate, though for some reason my first thought was that Ryan is ISFP and Sharpay ESFJ.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Man it's been a long time since I last saw the HSM movies. Ah, memories. Your types seem accurate, though for some reason my first thought was that Ryan is ISFP and Sharpay ESFJ.

I can see Ryan as ISFP. Sharpay I feel pretty confident with ENTJ.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
How dare you say any character from that teenybopper celebration of triviality is INFJ. I don't mean to typist or anything, but come on. Ni dom for a school spirited, bubbly stage clown? Explain this.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
How dare you say any character from that teenybopper celebration of triviality is INFJ. I don't mean to typist or anything, but come on. Ni dom for a school spirited, bubbly stage clown? Explain this.

I feel like you're implying here that some functions are worse or stupider than others, which isn't true. Ni isn't confined to a stereotype. There are teenyboppers, school spirited, and immature people of every function. There's no mature type or immature type--there are mature and immature people.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I feel like you're implying here that some functions are worse or stupider than others, which isn't true. Ni isn't confined to a stereotype. There are teenyboppers, school spirited, and immature people of every function. There's no mature type or immature type--there are mature and immature people.

And you still neglect to explain your choice specifically...

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Oh and I'm not implying that certain function orders are inherently "smarter" or "better" than others, that's certainly untrue, but I am saying some would have different interests and lifestyles from one another. And I don't see any way in hell the bitch you labeled INFJ is INFJ. There is just...zero. To point to that. Ugh

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really sure why any N's were listed.

High School Musical seems to be a pretty Sensory kind of movie (plot, characters, etc.) without any real interest in N-style stuff.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf

High School Musical seems to be a pretty Sensory kind of movie (plot, characters, etc.) without any real interest in N-style stuff.

exactly!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
And you still neglect to explain your choice specifically...

I think my reasoning for Ni was mostly that she consistently knows Troy, his desires, and his motives without having been told. I couldn't see any Te, and only a few traces of Fe, so really INFJ was my only choice if I was going with Ni-dom. Though come to think of it, the Se may be too high up there to make her INFJ. So ISFP could work too.

Most of my typings really are just guesses anyway; I have all the book knowledge of the functions and stuff, but the actual application of it is harder for me. I lack confidence in that area, which is part of the reason I joined TC (for practice).

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I mostly agree with you with the more sensory-oriented plot and characters, but I'm still leaning ENTJ for Sharpay. Confident, bold, plan-oriented (Te), has clear plans and insights in order to mold the situation in her favor (Ni), showy style and coordination (Se), and Fi is limited.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I think my reasoning for Ni was mostly that she consistently knows Troy, his desires, and his motives without having been told. I couldn't see any Te, and only a few traces of Fe, so really INFJ was my only choice if I was going with Ni-dom. Though come to think of it, the Se may be too high up there to make her INFJ. So ISFP could work too.

Most of my typings really are just guesses anyway; I have all the book knowledge of the functions and stuff, but the actual application of it is harder for me. I lack confidence in that area, which is part of the reason I joined TC (for practice).

That's fair. However I think most INFJs have a little more than a few traces of Fe, being their 2nd function and all. But I'm just practicing too so sorry if i came off a bit harsh. I now realize my passion was uncalled for given the banal topic of discussion.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mostly agree with you with the more sensory-oriented plot and characters, but I'm still leaning ENTJ for Sharpay. Confident, bold, plan-oriented (Te), has clear plans and insights in order to mold the situation in her favor (Ni), showy style and coordination (Se), and Fi is limited.

Just not sure why you are seeing Ni as necessary, regardless. Schemers have to be Ni? ESTJs can't do it just because they are not N's?

I feel like we're operating in cliches.

ISFP did actually run through my mind for Gabby, but I'm not really tied to anything for anyone.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wish I remembered this movie enough to try to type people... Oops wait no I don't.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Just not sure why you are seeing Ni as necessary, regardless. Schemers have to be Ni? ESTJs can't do it just because they are not N's?

I feel like we're operating in cliches.

No, no. I'm not saying that. I just saw Ni and basically no Si. That's all.

DreamBeliever

I know, I know. It got old for a lot of people. A lot of people hated it. But I basically grew up on HSM, and I think it would be cool to talk about it! :)

Troy: ESFJ
Gabriella: INFJ
Ryan: ESFP
Sharpay: ENTJ
Chad: ESTP
Taylor: I don't know.
Kelsi: ISFP

For those who enjoyed the movies--which one was your favorite?

I think your typings are good! I actually have the first movie on DVD, & I've seen all 3, so maybe I'll re-watch it & have some better answers for you. I completely agree on ENTJ for Sharpay! I honestly really liked her character, even though she was the 'mean girl.' lol She reminds me, in a way, of Angelica from Rugrats, who I also think is an ENTJ. I could see Gabriella & Kelsi as any of the IxFx types. Taylor could be some sort of ExTx type (?) That's all I can venture for now. Don't listen to people judging your threads/typings. Now I might watch this over the weekend, because it's been a reallllly long time. hehe :)

DreamBeliever

Now that I think about it, ISFJ might be a good guess for Gabriella too, but again it's been awhile. I do see FeTi over FiTe, like you said.

DreamBeliever

Sorry for the 3rd reply on this thread in a row, but I thought it would be interesting to guess their enneagram types too. Could Sharpay be anything other than a 3w4? Her song 'I Want It All' in HSM3 is a great example of this.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Sorry for the 3rd reply on this thread in a row, but I thought it would be interesting to guess their enneagram types too. Could Sharpay be anything other than a 3w4? Her song 'I Want It All' in HSM3 is a great example of this.

I haven't watched the movies recently enough for Enneagram, I don't think. Sharpay as a 3 seems about right. I don't know about wings.

Gabriella as 6w5, maybe? Kelsi, 9w1? Just speculations.