• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sex and the City

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Any fans? Types of the main cast? I definitely have my opinions but they will only be revealed by way of expressing agreement or disagreement to any opinions put forth by others in regards to this aging, increasingly obscure series (sadly).

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Any fans? Types of the main cast? I definitely have my opinions but they will only be revealed by way of expressing agreement or disagreement to any opinions put forth by others in regards to this aging, increasingly obscure series (sadly).

Why do you feel the need to obscure your opinions? The show isn't really my cup of tea, but by all means, share!

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Why do you feel the need to obscure your opinions? The show isn't really my cup of tea, but by all means, share!

If you insist.

Carrie- ENFP
Samantha- ESTP
Miranda- ENTJ
Charlotte- ESFJ
Big- ISTP
Stanford- ENTP
Aiden- INFP
Steve- ESFP
Trey- ISFJ
Harry- ESTJ
Richard Wright- ENTJ
Smith- ISFP
Leeds- ENFJ
Magda- ISTJ
Berger- INTP
Petrovsky- ENTP

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Similar typings for most main characters. The only :wtf: is Big as anything but a TJ (ISTP???), and the Russian as an extrovert and not an NF.

Carrie- ENFP
Samantha- ESTP
Miranda- ENTJ
Charlotte- ESFJ
Big- eNTJ, maybe INTJ
Stanford- ExxP, maybe ENFP
Aiden- ISFP
Steve- ESFP
Trey- ISFJ
Harry - ESFJ
Richard Wright- ENTJ
Smith- ISFP
Magda- ISTJ
Berger- ENTP
Petrovsky- INFJ

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Similar typings for most main characters. The only :wtf: is Big as anything but a TJ (ISTP???), and the Russian as an extrovert and not an NF.

Carrie- ENFP
Samantha- ESTP
Miranda- ENTJ
Charlotte- ESFJ
Big- eNTJ, maybe INTJ
Stanford- ExxP, maybe ENFP
Aiden- ISFP
Steve- ESFP
Trey- ISFJ
Harry - ESFJ
Richard Wright- ENTJ
Smith- ISFP
Magda- ISTJ
Berger- ENTP
Petrovsky- INFJ

Aiden is Si over Se & remember that episode where he was acting all wacky comparing himself to the green Lanturn & Big to Batman? Ne af so that's why I think INFP over S.

Big seems very introverted, albeit very comfortable in his own skin which can be mistaken for extroversion. Almost never seen interacting socially with anyone but Carrie. E is out of the question for me. Also, I detect not an iota of Fi in him, not even as an inferior function. He has a playful, easygoing charm, a trademark of the SP temperament and can be a sarcastic, calculating critic when it comes to matters of spirituality and the heart (Ti).

I can definitely see Stanford being ENFP, which could be why he and Carrie click so well.

Petrovsky an INFJ...eh idk..could you explain this one please? He was my least Favorite character so I never paid him too much attention, though the inventiveness required to excel at his craft made me think Ne, in particular NTP.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Carrie - ENFP
Samantha - ESTJ
Miranda - INTJ
Charlotte - ISFJ
Big - INTJ

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aiden is Si over Se & remember that episode where he was acting all wacky comparing himself to the green Lanturn & Big to Batman? Ne af so that's why I think INFP over S.

INFPs aren't Si types though, and this only argues he is a sensing type if he characterized more by a sensing function. I could see ISFJ for him over INFP too, being that he is too earthy to be an INFP. I don't see Ne...being playful & sometimes using wacky analogy is not Ne, and it can be how inferior Ne plays out (in humor or when frustrated, not as a life strategy). I realize he is e9 and people think e9=INFP.

Big seems very introverted, albeit very comfortable in his own skin which can be mistaken for extroversion. Almost never seen interacting socially with anyone but Carrie. E is out of the question for me. Also, I detect not an iota of Fi in him, not even as an inferior function. He has a playful, easygoing charm, a trademark of the SP temperament and can be a sarcastic, calculating critic when it comes to matters of spirituality and the heart (Ti).

The only reason I'd go with ENTJ over INTJ for him is because of appearance of inferior Fi, and he does seem more T-dom. He does have poor Fi; devaluing subjective manners of determining value over objective methods of measuring stuff, as if the personal is silly, is very inferior Fi. However, all P types will tend to value subjective reasoning methods as long as they are consistent in themselves, whether Ti or Fi. Contrary to popular belief, Ti is not "objective", but it's subjective in that the subject assigns validity to their individual premise without immediate need of fact to support it.

I don't see Ti or nearly enough Se for him to be ISTP. He doesn't show any motivation for understanding fundamental systems or creating his own systems, but rather aligning his own actions logical cause and effect so as to achieve a goal. That's Te - figure out how to go from A to B to get a result, but the desire behind a goal is the weakness (if it has Fi reasoning, then it gets dismissed as useless, but of course it sneaks in unconsciously). The main wedge between him and the female lead is that he doesn't want to validate his own feelings/needs, whereas IxTPs don't want to validate the common social methods of establishing values and meeting needs. The latter is seen more in Te-dom.

I think his enneagram is 3w4, which is why he appears ambiguous in terms of I/E, but that e-type is also better suited to eNTJ.

Petrovsky an INFJ...eh idk..could you explain this one please? He was my least Favorite character so I never paid him too much attention, though the inventiveness required to excel at his craft made me think Ne, in particular NTP.

I know more about MBTI/Jungian theory than this show*, but from all I saw, he seemed introverted (locking himself into a room for days to work, if I recall), very private about his ideas (NPs are more willing to share the process), but not private about his feelings (expressive, opinionated, like it's obvious and not "personal", but still a human-oriented outlook = Fe aux). He seemed pretty rigid and to have singular visions, which points more to Ni than Ne too. He didn't seem knowledge or mastery driven, but driven to express and explore human experience in an abstract way (NF over NT). Also an obvious enneagram 4, which makes NT unlikely.

* [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] 's rep, I hardly watch TV & never made a point to watch this show, but my mom regularly watched the edited re-runs of this while making dinner, and I'd be hanging out in the common area of the house (where the computer was located :p ), so I'd see it in the background. That's essentially how I acquire like 90% of my knowledge of mainstream pop culture, recent news, and everything else outside my rock.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
INFPs aren't Si types though, and this only argues he is a sensing type if he characterized more by a sensing function. I could see ISFJ for him over INFP too, being that he is too earthy to be an INFP. I don't see Ne...being playful & sometimes using wacky analogy is not Ne, and it can be how inferior Ne plays out (in humor or when frustrated, not as a life strategy). I realize he is e9 and people think e9=INFP.

The only reason I'd go with ENTJ over INTJ for him is because of appearance of inferior Fi, and he does seem more T-dom. He does have poor Fi; devaluing subjective manners of determining value over objective methods of measuring stuff, as if the personal is silly, is very inferior Fi. However, all P types will tend to value subjective reasoning methods as long as they are consistent in themselves, whether Ti or Fi. Contrary to popular belief, Ti is not "objective", but it's subjective in that the subject assigns validity to their individual premise without immediate need of fact to support it.

I don't see Ti or nearly enough Se for him to be ISTP. He doesn't show any motivation for understanding fundamental systems or creating his own systems, but rather aligning his own actions logical cause and effect so as to achieve a goal. That's Te - figure out how to go from A to B to get a result, but the desire behind a goal is the weakness (if it has Fi reasoning, then it gets dismissed as useless, but of course it sneaks in unconsciously). The main wedge between him and the female lead is that he doesn't want to validate his own feelings/needs, whereas IxTPs don't want to validate the common social methods of establishing values and meeting needs. The latter is seen more in Te-dom.

I think his enneagram is 3w4, which is why he appears ambiguous in terms of I/E, but that e-type is also better suited to eNTJ.

I know more about MBTI/Jungian theory than this show*, but from all I saw, he seemed introverted (locking himself into a room for days to work, if I recall), very private about his ideas (NPs are more willing to share the process), but not private about his feelings (expressive, opinionated, like it's obvious and not "personal", but still a human-oriented outlook = Fe aux). He seemed pretty rigid and to have singular visions, which points more to Ni than Ne too. He didn't seem knowledge or mastery driven, but driven to express and explore human experience in an abstract way (NF over NT). Also an obvious enneagram 4, which makes NT unlikely.

* [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] 's rep, I hardly watch TV & never made a point to watch this show, but my mom regularly watched the edited re-runs of this while making dinner, and I'd be hanging out in the common area of the house (where the computer was located :p ), so I'd see it in the background. That's essentially how I acquire like 90% of my knowledge of mainstream pop culture, recent news, and everything else outside my rock.

But..INFPs are Si types..its their 3rd function

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But..INFPs are Si types..its their 3rd function

That makes them NOT a Si type. The type is defined by the dominant and its relationship to the inferior (the inferior function does not define the ego either), and to some extent, the auxiliary has an influence on the ego. The tertiary is the least definitive, IMO. If someone is characterized by Si, then they are not an INFP.

Si types are ISxJs, and perhaps ESxJs. IxxPs dont have a Pi attitude.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
That makes them NOT a Si type. The type is defined by the dominant and its relationship to the inferior (the inferior function does not define the ego either), and to some extent, the auxiliary has an influence on the ego. The tertiary is the least definitive, IMO. If someone is characterized by Si, then they are not an INFP.

I disagree I think the type is defined by which functions they use period.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Carrie - ENFP
Samantha - ESTJ
Miranda - INTJ
Charlotte - ISFJ
Big - INTJ

Woah hold up what makes Samantha ESTJ? She's like the anti SJ of the show, with her disdain for traditional approaches to love and sex, carefree lifestyle, willingness to experiment etc. & although Miranda is certainly the most introverted of her friends, she seems majorly Te dominant to me, and her profession is one in which extroverts thrive. Chrolette very well could be ISFJ, but she seems a little more controlling than many of that type would be, more indicative of a Je dom

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Woah hold up what makes Samantha ESTJ? She's like the anti SJ of the show, with her disdain for traditional approaches to love and sex, carefree lifestyle, willingness to experiment etc. & although Miranda is certainly the most introverted of her friends, she seems majorly Te dominant to me, and her profession is one in which extroverts thrive. Chrolette very well could be ISFJ, but she seems a little more controlling than many of that type would be, more indicative of a Je dom

Well Samantha is pretty much the epitome of Te dom and she seems to be more of a sensor than intuitive. I guess she could be an ENTJ with strong Se tert, but ESTJ seems more likely. I wouldnt say that she has very carefree lifestyle, instead she is very career oriented, scheduled etc. but ofc you dont see her working all the time in the show, because what sort of show would that make.. Also she the reason for her choosing career and casual sex over husband, is that she was heartbroken badly and is afraid of love because of that(it happened before the show, but she tells this on some episode). Its not that she is just born slut. This is very much using Te to protect her fragile Fi, to arrange the external world so that no harm would come. Si doesent simply mean that the person has traditional attitude towards everything, thats just some poor stereotype that doesent apply to any STJs i know. Also, if you have sex with new guy like twice a week like Samantha does, dont you think that anyone would want some variation in that sort of situation?

Miranda is clearly an introvert and with introverts its the extraverted functions that gets shown to others most. If you know about INTJs, they generally dont like to share everything that their Ni says to other people, and especially not their Fi, so to others they appear much like Te people.

Charlotte is also very clearly an introvert, in her case the traditional SJ stereotype does hold true. She is far more submissive than controlling, but ofc with stuff like her wedding that she wants to be perfect and according to tradition, she seems more controlling about.

It seems like you are trying to type according to stereotypes and disregard all other factors. Also it seems like you havent seen the show all that much. Personally i have seen all episodes at least twice and at least half the episodes 3 or 4 times over the years(they have showed it on tv many many times).

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Well Samantha is pretty much the epitome of Te dom and she seems to be more of a sensor than intuitive. I guess she could be an ENTJ with strong Se tert, but ESTJ seems more likely. I wouldnt say that she has very carefree lifestyle, instead she is very career oriented, scheduled etc. but ofc you dont see her working all the time in the show, because what sort of show would that make.. Also she the reason for her choosing career and casual sex over husband, is that she was heartbroken badly and is afraid of love because of that(it happened before the show, but she tells this on some episode). Its not that she is just born slut. This is very much using Te to protect her fragile Fi, to arrange the external world so that no harm would come. Si doesent simply mean that the person has traditional attitude towards everything, thats just some poor stereotype that doesent apply to any STJs i know. Also, if you have sex with new guy like twice a week like Samantha does, dont you think that anyone would want some variation in that sort of situation?

Miranda is clearly an introvert and with introverts its the extraverted functions that gets shown to others most. If you know about INTJs, they generally dont like to share everything that their Ni says to other people, and especially not their Fi, so to others they appear much like Te people.

Charlotte is also very clearly an introvert, in her case the traditional SJ stereotype does hold true. She is far more submissive than controlling, but ofc with stuff like her wedding that she wants to be perfect and according to tradition, she seems more controlling about.

It seems like you are trying to type according to stereotypes and disregard all other factors. Also it seems like you havent seen the show all that much. Personally i have seen all episodes at least twice and at least half the episodes 3 or 4 times over the years(they have showed it on tv many many times).

You can call me out on what you perceive to be ignorance of mbti and such on my part, but never again dare say I haven't watched much of the show. I too have seen every episode at least twice. It is one of the few shows, in fact, that has taken on almost a religious significance with me on account of how refreshing and inspiring I find it to be. Anyway, Samantha is a pretty clear cut ESTP despite your convoluted case for anything but (many fans would back me up on this and provide you with further reasoning I'm too exhausted to provide myself right now, and yes that is a bit of a copout and yes your INTP ass will immediately recognize it as such but it is what it is), and all the girls seem too generally extroverted to be introverts u feel what im sayin?

However ENTJ would definitely be my second guess for Samantha's type.

Oh, and one more thing, kindly explain to me when does an INTJ "hiding" shit become an ENTJ and when is dominant Te simply Te without being misinterpreted as a weaker function accompanying concealed Ni/ Fi? Because the way you described it makes it sound like there is no damn difference at all.

Wow, just realized how little I like the way I worded that last bit. Ugh I hope you understand what I was getting at sorry I am overdue for sleep. Nerves over a job interview later today are keeping me awake, not optimally healthy, irritable, and on these unflattering stream of consciousness ramblings I wish not to happen, but do anyway because in my current state they come so naturally. Fuck I need some bud

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
giO0TzI.png

this is excellent, however berger can't be good, and harry is good.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, I love this show. I was way too young when it first came out but I watch it if I have any spare time on tv.

Carrie - ENFP 7w6 so/sx. (I did think 6w7 at first but her fear of pain became obvious in a certain episode.)
Samantha - ESTP 7w8 so/sx.
Miranda - INTJ 6w5 sp/so (She's so awkwardly sx last.)
Charlotte - ESFJ 1w2 so/sp (She's way too uptight to be a 2w1 and her link to the 4's melancholy is obvious.)
Big - ENTJ 3w4 sp/sx
Aidan - ISFJ 9w1 sx/so

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, I love this show. I was way too young when it first came out but I watch it if I have any spare time on tv.

Carrie - ENFP 7w6 so/sx. I did think 6w7 at first but her fear of pain became obvious a certain episode.
Samantha - ESTP 7w8 so/sx.
Miranda - INTJ 6w5 sp/so (She's so awkwardly sx last.)
Charlotte - ESFJ 1w2 so/sp (She's way too uptight to be a 2w1 and her link to the 4's melancholy is obvious.)
Big - ENTJ 3w4 sp/sx
Aidan - ISFJ 9w1 sx/so

i think i do agree with you that none of the main cast members are sx-doms...ironic considering the whole name/subject of the show! besides that... unsure about charlotte's enneagram type, big could be istp or intj, and i think miranda could be istj.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think miranda could be istj.

I think Miranda seems ISTJ-ish cause she's a 6w5. I'm pretty sure that she has Se there somewhere but it's inferior, of course. I last watched it tonight, so my memory is pretty fresh.

big could be istp or intj
I think Big just seems introverted cause he has a withdrawn wing and he also goes to 9 sometimes. It's no uncommon for ENxx's to become more withdrawn in general.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think:
Carrie: 2w3
Samantha: 7w8
Miranda: 1w2
Charlotte: 2w3