• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sarah McLachlan

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
infp it is

thanks, yall

they even have an infp site, and she's featured on it

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why not ISFP, consider all options

i did-tertiary Ni made sense until i thought about aux Se

infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - ISFP/INFP differences?

rainstone said

"In conversation, ISFPs mainly stick to "real world" topics - places, things, people they know, events that happened, things people did or said, etc. I've found that when I as an INFP get abstract and start talking about religion, philosophy, or speaking in metaphors, the ISFP usually furrows their brow and looks like they're trying to decipher a foreign language, or like they're thinking: "and remind me, again, why this is interesting?"

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well maybe she is INFP. It could make sense, now that I think about it. I mean, when I compare myself to most other INTPs, I want to kill myself. I'll admit she could be INFP as long as she's an exceptional genius, just like me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well maybe she is INFP. It could make sense, now that I think about it. I mean, when I compare myself to most other INTPs, I want to kill myself. I'll admit she could be INFP as long as she's an exceptional genius, just like me.

there there, Jack
I too get annoyed when i get pitted with the thin-skinned stereotype
i am more sentimental than sensitive
and often come off as cold

so yeah
its often a thing of maturity
unless i still test as INTJ for a reason

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Here's an excerpt taken from an interview that I found on the internet (from some "Performing Songwriter" mag). I think it exemplifies her INFP-ness.

A lot of your songs have an air of mystery and darkness. Is there something you do during the writing process to conjure this mood?

(laughs) I just think it's what's in my brain. It's not that I'm really pessimistic or anything--I'm not. But I sort of like the effect of two sides of things--one being really pretty and one being really ugly, like when you lift up a pretty rock and there's all these mites and worms underneath it (laughs). I think that sort of came from this one poem I read in grade nine. It's funny, the little things that stick with me my whole life. Wilford Owens, he's a World War I poet and he wrote about being in the field in the war and all the horrors that went on. But somehow, without glamorizing or romanticizing it, he made it incredibly beautiful. In the same breath, he'd be talking about something horrendously grotesque. I just really loved that. That's actually where the title of the record came from too, "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy." It was taken from a line in one of his poems. "Quick boys, in an ecstasy of fumbling we fit the masks just in time . . ." and I thought that was amazing, that "in an ecstasy of fumbling." It was so beautiful, and since grade nine I've been trying to fit that into something (laughs). I sort of have a little library of phrases and words in my head that I like. Like "murmur." Never been able to use it yet, but it's a beautiful word. I like words that say so many things. Language is such a beautiful thing and words are so amazing.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Didn't she single-handedly create the Lillith Fair?

That seems like pretty J behavior to me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

not if its one of the INFP's causes

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

From an interview with iVillage.com...

You must be a very organised person.

"No, I'm very disorganised! There are lots of people around me who help, but I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of a gal."

She laughs, conscious of her status as a feminst icon.

"Actually, my husband pays the bills. I hate all that stuff."

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
From an interview with iVillage.com...

... I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of a gal."

She laughs, conscious of her status as a feminist icon.

"Actually, my husband pays the bills. I hate all that stuff."

Since she stole the words right out of my mouth, I stand corrected.

And I'm rather chuffed a fellow INFP pulled off such an undertaking.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Since she stole the words right out of my mouth, I stand corrected.

And I'm rather chuffed a fellow INFP pulled off such an undertaking.

Well it's not like she did it singlehandedly. I'm sure she had plenty of J-type managerial help.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
That's what the lady said.

I'm impressed she got the Js to do her bidding. Instead of vice-versa. For a change.