• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJs in popular culture

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Seeing all these delightful, fun threads about different types in popular culture, I thought I would start one for INFJs. These typings of mine here are definitely unorthodox, but they're based on a decent amount of research, so they're not exactly unfounded conclusions.

Fictional Characters

Clark Kent- Superman

Jean Valjean- Les Miserables

Elsa- Frozen

Elizabeth Bennett- Pride & Prejudice

Indiana Jones- Indiana Jones trilogy (dominant Ni commonly mistaken for Ti)

Luke Skywalker- Star Wars (Ni/Fe commonly mistaken for Fi)

Robert California- The Office

Smaug- The Hobbit

Some characters that I have not typed myself (but have seen typed as INFJ)

The Tin Man- Wizard of Oz

Lisa Simpson- The Simpsons

Atticus Finch- To Kill A Mockingbird

Celebrities

[Some of these celebs are frequently mistyped as IxFP (even by myself, originally), due to how poorly Ni is understood.]

J. K. Rowling

David Bowie

Marc Maron

Would love to hear more suggestions for INFJs in popular culture (especially for female INFJs).

Last edited:

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I agree with a lot of these. People have typed J. K. Rowling as an INFP, but they're idiots who think any author is an INFP. Anyway I have a list of my own.

Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit
Mako fro Pacific Rim
Charles Xavier/ Professor X from X-Men
Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain Faramir from The Lord of the Rings
Jean Valjean from Les Miserables
Poison Ivy from Batman
Kal El from Man of Steel
Quigon Jin from Star Wars
Ra's Al Ghul from Batman

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I would interested to know about any INFJ artists and musicians, guys especially.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jane Eyre is usually typed as an INFJ.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would interested to know about any INFJ artists and musicians, guys especially.

No one seems to agree with me on this, but I'm fairly certain that David Bowie is INFJ. He's all about social commentary (Fe/Ti) expressed in an abstract (Ni) way.

His interviews were the clincher, for me. Lots of Ni-Ti going on. https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...a&sigb=131n61v98&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

I've also frequently seen Marilyn Manson typed as INFJ, as well as George Harrison, but I don't know enough about them to draw any conclusions.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Jane Eyre is usually typed as an INFJ.

That's very interesting; never heard that before now.

I've actually never read the book or seen a film adaptation, so your guess is as good as mine.

Elizabeth Bennett from "Pride and Prejudice" could definitely be typed as INFJ. Probably should have included her on the list.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, I'm not completely sure, but I think B.J. Hunnicutt from M*A*S*H is an INFJ.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Also, I'm not completely sure, but I think B.J. Hunnicutt from M*A*S*H is an INFJ.

Oh, wow! Why did I never see that before? Hunnicutt as INFJ is totally plausible.

I'll have to watch an episode again sometime to make sure.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, wow! Why did I never see that before? Hunnicutt as INFJ is totally plausible.

I'll have to watch an episode again sometime to make sure.
Yeah, I don't know for sure, but I've tried to think of other possible types for B.J., and I just can't come up with any. Nothing else fits.

Netflix finally put the first 5 seasons on streaming, so if you have Netflix, you can watch it. B.J. joins the cast at the beginning of season 4.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IMO, Marc Maron, comedian and host of "WTF with Marc Maron", is an INFJ 6w7.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sorry for the thread bump, but I thought that these ones should be added to the list.

Fictional

Nancy Drew

Celebrities

Bob Marley

Peter O' Toole

Sidney Portier

Alec Guiness

Rowan Atkinson

Last edited:

geekygingergirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Fictional:
Remus Lupin and Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter
Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
Molly Hooper from BBC Sherlock
Pam Beesly from The Office (US) (possible ISFJ)

Real:
Cate Blanchett
Carey Mulligan
Felicity Jones

I know those celebrities are not among the most well-known, but I personally connect very much with their acting, even before I knew/believed we shared the same personality type.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sorry for the thread bump, but I thought that these ones should be added to the list.

Fictional

Nancy Drew

Celebrities

Bob Marley

Peter O' Toole

Sidney Portier

Alec Guiness

Rowan Atkinson

Correction: Bob Marley is not INFJ (ENFP, now that I've read more about him)

I would have simply edited the post, but the site won't let me.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Fictional:
Remus Lupin and Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter
Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
Molly Hooper from BBC Sherlock
Pam Beesly from The Office (US) (possible ISFJ)

Real:
Cate Blanchett
Carey Mulligan
Felicity Jones

I know those celebrities are not among the most well-known, but I personally connect very much with their acting, even before I knew/believed we shared the same personality type.

INFJs (myself included) connect with Blanchett's acting because she frequently plays deep, conflicted, and complex characters. But as for Cate Blanchett the person? I really can't imagine her being an INFJ (as much as I would love to). She's very down-to-earth and concrete; there isn't much abstract or complex about her. ISFJ is probably Blanchett's type.

The interview I've watched of Mulligan screams extroversion (particularly ENFJ), but that's not much information to go on.

High-five on Felicity Jones; I had never considered her before. INFJ is spot-on.

The only INFJ actress that I've ever discovered myself is Amy Adams. She's another pretty good example.

Last edited:

One1000

Obi Wan Kenobi from star wars

George Harrison of the Beatles (though may be INFP)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Blanchett is a pretty clearcut INFJ. ISFJs are "straight shooters"? :shock:

The Russian from SATC

Niles from Frasier

Ross on Friends...maybe ISFJ, but then he gets so into conjecture over Dinosaur sounds, makes that abstract keyboard music, a certain melancholy and whininess more associated with NFs, etc

Prince Myshkin from The Idiot (some argue INFP...and maybe this is stretching the bounds of popular culture)

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think Blanchett is a pretty clearcut INFJ. ISFJs are "straight shooters"? :shock:

Sensors are straight-shooters (of course, this depends on how you define the term). They're realistic, honest, and uncomplicated. Intuitives tend to be the opposite of that; INFJs most of all.