• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Obama's handwriting got revealed... What do you think of his type?

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
There have been a lot of guesses about Obama's type as ENFJ, ENFP, or ENTP.... I myself thought he was an ENFJ... However, his handwriting got revealed last month in an Israeli newspaper... I kind of changed my mind, yet still haven't decided which type he is.

obamaprayerwwallap_2.jpg
APTOPIX_MIDEAST_ISRAEL_PALESTINIANS_OBAMA.sff_AKCF128_20080723083756.jpg

Here is an analysis of his handwriting (please finish the whole article before you raise your opinion here)

Lofty ideals and visionary plans would show up as letters reaching high above the baseline, big loops in the upper zone, and t-bars that are crossed above the stem instead of through it. None of those things are present in Senator Obama's handwriting.

From his handwriting, we would guess that Senator Obama will disappoint people who expect grand plans to change the world. He doesn't appear to be interested in lofty ideals. He looks more like the grind-it-out quarterback who will pick up three yards here, six yards there, and end the season with a Super Bowl ring.
I used to read quite a few books about graphology; and one thing I found interesting was the t-bar. I think the more dominant/developed one's Intuition function (Ne or Ni) is, the higher his t-bar is.

If one's signature looks different from his normal handwriting, the signature shows how he appears to others while the normal handwriting shows how he really is. To me, his signature does show a very visionary and idealistic type of person (ENTP or ENFP); however, his normal handwriting is kind of a turn-off (IMO)

Anyway, what do you think of Obama's type?
(Note that above was just my own opinion, so you have the rights to hold different points of view :coffee:) :cheese:

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
What has been analyzed about him should be taken with a grain of salt. It is easy to learn a few things about graphology to give a better impression. This applies especially to people in high power.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
There's actually a bit of solid research on handwriting and type but to interpret it all means looking at some continuums. Some of the biggest correlations:

• J's tend to stop letters abruptly, not like we were taught in handwriting class. Look at his J's and Y's to see what I mean, at the end of sentences
  • E's tend to write larger than I's. That's one where it's hard to see from samples. Signatures don't count.
  • F's tend to round out letters, as in his A's in the middle of words. T's tend to be much more vertical

That's all I remember off the top of my head. A friend had gone through a bunch of training on this and analyzed the handwriting of three of my ancestors--sounds right to me that an ESFP would be on the 1906 champion baseball team of his small town. And that an ENTP female on the prairie in 1888 would take in orphans, take over her daughter's household when she died, make her grandaughter finish high school in 1904 (first female in the town) etc. It was fun!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Umm...

I read that messy, fast handwriting is indicative of 'quick thinking', up to and including ADD. Wild guess would say that would be NT or SP.

So, I'll guess that Obama is an NF or SJ.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to read quite a few books about graphology; and one thing I found interesting was the t-bar. I think the more dominant/developed one's Intuition function (Ne or Ni) is, the higher his t-bar is.

I thought how high the t-bar was, was indicative of optimism or pessimism...

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
If it helps, here's my ENFP handwriting with his words. He writes much neater.
yeah.jpg

Interesting, isn't it? Anything you can tell about me from it too?

(By the way, handwriting + type kind of makes sense. My dad and I write similarly and we're both ENFP.)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I do not get this art of handwriting analysis. Does your handwriting not change dramatically from time to time? How can you draw static conclusions about persons based on such changeable features?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I do not get this art of handwriting analysis. Does your handwriting not change dramatically from time to time? How can you draw static conclusions about persons based on such changeable features?

Agree. I think that handwriting may say a bit about a person... but judging a person completely from their handwriting? That doesn't sound right to me.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
If it helps, here's my ENFP handwriting with his words. He writes much neater.
yeah.jpg

Interesting, isn't it? Anything you can tell about me from it too?

(By the way, handwriting + type kind of makes sense. My dad and I write similarly and we're both ENFP.)

For one, you are capable of being very close to someone. For two, you hold contradictions inside you.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Like anything else with type, there are only correlations. No rule holds true for everyone. But statistically, J's waste less ink as they cut off finishing strokes, and so on.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I can accept correlations, but how strong are they in handwriting analysis? For example within a 2 week span I could give you 2 samples that bear little resemblance to each other without consciously trying to skew the results. This isn't unusual, is it?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can accept correlations, but how strong are they in handwriting analysis? For example within a 2 week span I could give you 2 samples that bear little resemblance to each other without consciously trying to skew the results. This isn't unusual, is it?

IIRC, it is not unusual, and there seems to be a system for account for that. Where is Substitute? He's acutally done this kind of work before.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Glad to know I'm not a freak of nature.
At least not on account of this :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Like anything else with type, there are only correlations. No rule holds true for everyone. But statistically, J's waste less ink as they cut off finishing strokes, and so on.

Hmm. Correlations, you say.

Because somebody analyzed my handwriting and what I got was roughly equivalent to ESFJ.

handwritingim3.png

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Obama is most likely an ENTP. His speaches reverberate Ti like you wouldnt' believe.