• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Indiana Jones

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and wondered about all the different characters and their types. So, anyone want to take a stab at any of the characters? It can be any of the movies or even the young Indiana chronicles.

Dr. Jones- ISTP
Henry Jones Sr.- INTJ
Marcus Brody- ExxP
Marion Ravenwood- ESTP?
Willie Scott- ISFx?

I'm still new to typing and still a bit unclear on some of the functions so please don't be too hard if I'm way off base. :unsure:

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I understand why someone would type Indiana Jones as an ISTP; that's the way he's advertised. But if you pay close attention to the dialog, he reveals himself to be a major Ni dom.

SPs always have their mind on the present. But if you'll notice, Indiana Jones always has his mind on the future. He's constantly pointing out the future implications of everything. He's extremely wrapped up in his career, and feels bored when there's no major obstacles to conquer. He's obsessed with his goals, and stops at nothing to see a job done. He's also really good at interpreting puzzling information, pointing out the underlying meanings of everything he observes. An SP who uses that much Ni is not much of an SP.

The Se elements that people point out in Indiana Jones: an underlying desire for adventure and stimulation, for example, is more characteristic of inferior Se than dominant/auxiliary Se.

ENTJ was my first guess, but Indy uses far too much Fe and Ti. I can't see anything else other than INFJ. That would also explain his career choice and intellectual interests: he's an archaeology professor and an "expert on the occult" (not exactly a Ti/Se-friendly subject).

Naturally, someone will quote this post saying "you're just saying that because you like him!" So let me answer that here. There are many fictional characters that I love who are certainly not INFJs. Would I love for them to represent my MBTI type? Sure. But the Ni/Fe is simply not there. A dominant function is a dominant function, no matter how you slice it up. 2 + 2 = 4 is not a subjective conclusion.

Last edited:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Jones is a solid fictional ISTP, from "I'm making this up as I go along" to the Fe-drawn domesticated veneer he projects at college. I think a lot of us know ISTPs who've perfected alter egos they need to survive in a white-collar workplace.

I'd say Pop is INTP, since he can get around well enough; Brody is INTJ, since he really can't. Marion's another ISTP (out-drinking a mountain climber and then outmaneuvering her ex-flame in a conversation?). An ESTP is more like Walter Donovan.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and wondered about all the different characters and their types. So, anyone want to take a stab at any of the characters? It can be any of the movies or even the young Indiana chronicles.

Dr. Jones- ISTP
Henry Jones Sr.- INTJ
Marcus Brody- ExxP
Marion Ravenwood- ESTP?
Willie Scott- ISFx?

I'm still new to typing and still a bit unclear on some of the functions so please don't be too hard if I'm way off base. :unsure:

Oh, wow. I forgot to give you feedback on the rest of your typings. Sorry. ;)

You're not doing too bad, actually. The Marion Ravenwood typing is right on the money. Willie Scott is definitely an xSFx type (ESFJ in a Fe-Ne loop is my diagnosis).

Marcus Brody is a classic Si dom. He warns Indy against doing "dangerous" or "risky" things, and has trouble maneuvering outside of his traditional comfort zone. Fe is Brody's second function: he is friendly, accommodating, and shows a lot of concern for others. So ISFJ for him.

Henry Sr. is loaded with Ne (ENTP); it's where a lot of the father-son conflict comes from. Indy trying to solve practical problems (Ni) while Henry Sr. points out more of them (Ne).

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indiana Jones: ISTP
Marion Ravenwood: ESTP 7w8
Willie Scott: ESFP/ESFJ 3w2

TheGodson

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
???
Dr. Jones- ISTP
Henry Jones Sr.- INTJ
Marcus Brody- ENFP
Marion Ravenwood- ESFP
Willie Scott: ESFJ

I've added two more. :)
Elsa - ENTP
Mutt- ISFP (Indiana Jones's son).

MoonPanda

MBTI Type
INFJ
I understand why someone would type Indiana Jones as an ISTP; that's the way he's advertised. But if you pay close attention to the dialog, he reveals himself to be a major Ni dom. SPs always have their mind on the present. But if you'll notice, Indiana Jones always has his mind on the future. He's constantly pointing out the future implications of everything. He's extremely wrapped up in his career, and feels bored when there's no major obstacles to conquer. He's obsessed with his goals, and stops at nothing to see a job done. He's also really good at interpreting puzzling information, pointing out the underlying meanings of everything he observes. An SP who uses that much Ni is not much of an SP. The Se elements that people point out in Indiana Jones: an underlying desire for adventure and stimulation, for example, is more characteristic of inferior Se than dominant/auxiliary Se. ENTJ was my first guess, but Indy uses far too much Fe and Ti. I can't see anything else other than INFJ. That would also explain his career choice and intellectual interests: he's an archaeology professor and an "expert on the occult" (not exactly a Ti/Se-friendly subject). Naturally, someone will quote this post saying "you're just saying that because you like him!" So let me answer that here. There are many fictional characters that I love who are certainly not INFJs. Would I love for them to represent my MBTI type? Sure. But the Ni/Fe is simply not there. A dominant function is a dominant function, no matter how you slice it up. 2 + 2 = 4 is not a subjective conclusion.

(Last Crusade)
Hmm, I don't know... I see your point about being an INFJ but as one, I saw straight from the start that Elsa was no good and I was frustrated that he couldn't see that slightly. I think he's definitely not an infj as I'd say we are better at reading people (Ni Intuition and judgement? I presume) I'd say with ISTP, ESTP OR ISFP. Like ScareBear I am new to the MBTI system but— I don't believe he is one :)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Indiana Jones XSFP
Henry Jones Sr ISTJ
Sallah ESTJ
Marcus INFP
Marion ESTP
Willie ESFP
Elsa ESFJ