• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitler Analysis

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ne of course often drives people to be very expansive, and often rather presumptuous. They fancy themselve the only ones that can see the big picture, see the future, see all the possibilities.

Gosh, I got such a good joke now, but I guess this is not a good time for bad jokes :)

NF, I personally defintly rule out. Due to their instinctive humanitarian nature.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NF, I personally defintly rule out. Due to their instinctive humanitarian nature.

Or... They could be bitter at human beings for all being ingrateful, heartless, moral dregs, and think that the pool should be cleansed.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well just dont come to the conclusion, he could be eNTp or my view of the world will start twisting and turning and I never get away from the alcohol :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I propose we make it a bannable offense for anyone to ever bring up Hitler's MBTI type for discussion on any forum around the world ever again for the remainder of universal human culture.

It's starting to be like the mystery of DB Cooper or "Who was Jack the Ripper?"

Hmm... well, maybe we should allow it... but have as a prerequisite that you have to drink a few beers first up front.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I propose we make it a bannable offense for anyone to ever bring up Hitler's MBTI type for discussion on any forum around the world ever again for the remainder of universal human culture.

It's starting to be like the mystery of DB Cooper or "Who was Jack the Ripper?"

In that case, you'd better ban talking about Dr. House, too.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
well just dont come to the conclusion, he could be eNTp or my view of the world will start twisting and turning and I never get away from the alcohol :D

This discussion has gotten really nasty. I can't believe the suggestion was made that Hitler is the same type as a specific member of this forum who happens to be Jewish. Not the first time I've been disgusted here, but certainly the most surprised and disgusted at the same time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This discussion has gotten really nasty. I can't believe the suggestion was made that Hitler is the same type as a specific member of this forum who happens to be Jewish. Not the first time I've been disgusted here, but certainly the most surprised and disgusted at the same time.

I am sorry, with anything I said, I did not want to insult any culture of people.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That's hardly an insult unless they signed off with "And F*** YOU." Having the same type doesn't really make you anything like a person.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I am sorry, with anything I said, I did not want to insult any culture of people.

I think Jae Rae's talking about this...

Hey... Captain Chick is an ENFP. Did you see her talking about how she knew which moral values were objectively real, and most people didn't?

If you want more superficial or archetypical similarities to an ENFP(especially an unhealthy one) then consider some of these things:

He was theatrical and flamboyant in manner, and a huge attention whore.
Until his experiences with war, Hitler hadn't seriously considered taking political office. He was mostly interested in being a great painter or architect.
He was a sexual deviant, and many have suspected that he also became a drug addict later in life.
He was a big idea kind of guy(surprise) who took a mostly romantic view of things.

That could definitely pass for unhealthy ENFP. Now, I personally just want to focus more on the possible implications of the functions, but I provided that to show you that Hitler doesn't even stand far from many ENFP cliches.

I'm not really sure how that's disgusting or offensive, though.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I kind of thought he was an INFP myself, but I haven't done much analysis.

Whatever type he was, I think root of his rise to power and the ideology he picked up was the placing of responsibility one's situation on someone else.

Himmler, I think, was and NTJ of some sort.

Don't mean to contradict, but no way was Himmler an NTJ!!! Noooo...

a) He was definitely introverted. No question - just read any biography and even read his letters and speeches. Dude, he was introverted.

b) He was intuitive. He had an inner vision. He created a whole new religion based on Germanic mythology and the Knights' Round Table for heaven's sake. 12 was a symbolic number, especially for him. He had a clear vision that was totally based on an inner value system.

c) No way was he a T!!!! Based on objectivity - hell, no! This guy was totally focused on his inner values. Just because he was ruthless does not make him a T. And besides, read the speech where he says "It's too bad that we have to kill the jews, but someone has to do it." F!!!!!!!!! His whole F was driving him.

d) He was pedantic. With a capital P-E-D-A-N-T-I-C. No way did he put stuff off. He even barked at the SS during a meeting once in which he said that the last march was total crap. Okay, he did not use that terminology, but that is what he meant. He was pedantic about keeping records. He was pedantic about keeping his appointments and schedules. Hell, this guy was pedantic period. I think he was an N with a very VERY strong S as well, which made him totally look like an pain-in-the-ass SJ sometimes, BUT he was too vision-oriented to be totally S. I'm thinking S must have been tertiary or something.

Now, regarding Hitler - yeah - this guy was not extroverted. Just because he gave moving, personal, inspiring speeches (I don't believe in them, but if they weren't, no one would follow him. I mean, this guy was not a BLUEWING okay...) However - and this is a big however - he needed lots of time to himself. He needed to get away frequently, taking only a few trusted friends. Others did the talking. Read Traudl Junge's book - dude, this was not an extrovert in any way, shape, or form. Oh, yeah, and as further evidence, recall what Junge said in her book regarding Braun's characteristic of Hitler, which was quoted in the movie DOWNFALL:

"Even though I have known him for several years, I feel like I do not know him at all. I thought everything would be different. But all he talks about is dogs and vegetarian food." She starts crying - she doesn't get it - poor woman is totally an ESXP.

Secondly, he had a vision - a clear vision and he worked, as we say in German, aus langer Hand. He planned everything. He could improvise of course, but he knew what he wanted, and the proof is Mein Kampf. This guy started in his twenties after his war experiences, if not before. There is concrete proof from that time on. He could mould his behavior to suit his audience. In that way, he was an introverted intuitive feeler, no question.

I think there is a strong case to be made for INFJ - but I guess it depends on which function you think was dominant. He def. does not strike me as an INFP though. Okay, okay, maybe you could argue INTJ - but, nahhh. He was INFJ. Totally.

Now if you want some NTs - hmm, who could we have? NOT Goering I do not think - that guy strikes me more as an ESXP....NOT Goebbels - nooo, no, not him. Maybe SPEER - yes, yes, Speer - now that is what I understand under an INTX. (J or P?! I am thinking J). He was the one who constructed the ideas for Germania - how the new "Heart of Germany" would appear. Totally introverted - read his book. Totally intuitive. A thinker bar none. Pretty sure he was a J as well.

Streicher was a total SP - or maybe he was just a fart. Anyway, he was not dignified - he was good for stirring up shit, but that's it. He's the guy who created Der Stürmer.

The others - geez, hard to know. I have not read that much about them. OHHHHHHH WAIT - another NT - Heydrich. Big time NT I think.

But the rest - divided amongst crazy, loud farts; silent, deadly farts; and intelligent, planned-oriented farts. But the driving forces - Himmler and Hitler - they were totally NF. TOTALLY. :doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyway, I think this is a really fascinating subject. History is my hobby - especially the Third Reich. Interesting stuff! :yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Wait, me or CC?

Is that really a good reason for Hitler not to be an INTJ or ENFP?

sleepless

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, what the heck.

Seems this thread is pretty much taken over by now, anyway, I made my point. Though it's getting obvious how different people understand the MBTI, the difference between the functions T/F, as well as their attitudes, and it's a bit sad I think.

But everyone's seems to have their own opinion and be happy with it, so - whatever ^^

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What in heaven's name does that mean?!?!?! There are ENFPs all across the spectrum of races and nationalities....Good LAWD, lady!!!

It's not like if you are a German, you are automatically a pedantic SJ with a pole up your ass or a nerdy NT who sits in front of a nuclear reactor or works in IT at Siemens. Geeeeeez!!!!