• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Types of MBTI Authors/Practioners/Educators

Myshkin14

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have done a few google and book searches for the information I am seeking, but could only find what I have below.

Katharine Briggs - INFJ
Isabel Myers - INFP
Keirsey - INTP
Beebe - ENTP
Berens - INTP
Gordon Lawrence - ENTP
Donna Dunning - ENFP
Linda Kirby - INTP
Jean Kummerow - ESTJ
Nancy Barger - ENFP

Anyone know the actual self-reported types of the following MBTI "big names"/authors ?:

Otto Kroeger
Theusen
Paul Tieger
Lenore Thomson
Dario Nardi - INTJ (thanks velveteen)
Roger Pearman
Naomi Quenk - INFP? (I think I remember reading this in her book on stress)
Mary McCaulley

Last edited:

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about Vicky Jo? She's actually not INFJ-y at all.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I have done a few google and book searches for the information I am seeking, but could only find what I have below.

Isabel Myers - INFJ

No, Myers self-typed as an INFP, this is written everywhere. I'm not sure where you got INFJ from.

I'd read several places that she is Fe-dominant. :shrug:

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd read several places that she is Fe-dominant. :shrug:

Yeah, she strikes me as a classic ENFJ rather than an INFJ. Oh, the irony.

Nardi is an INTJ, and I'd also like to add A.J. Drenth of Personality Junkie to that list. He's an INTP.

Myshkin14

MBTI Type
INFJ
No, Myers self-typed as an INFP, this is written everywhere. I'm not sure where you got INFJ from.

You are right. I lost focus when I was typing and confused her with her mother Katherine Briggs. I updated the OP.

Myshkin14

MBTI Type
INFJ

I am only familiar with her INFJ website. I have seen one video of her doing an interview. I think she is one of the few who actually get INFJs accurate in depth. I think I read on that website that she is an MBTI certified practitioner and is a verified INFJ through the official MBTI assessment? As an INFJ myself, I know that F part of her is what makes INFJs seem so extraverted. When I am around people I am close to, or I feel super safe being myself or being allowed to use my gifts without judgment, people confuse me as an extreme extravert. I have read a few times buried somewhere in official MBTI profile reports that INFJs are one of if not the most extraverted of the introverts.

Experience keeps confirming for me that while all four letters of our MBTI code tell us something about our differences with others of a different letter, when it comes to actually doing extraverted things, the E/I preference flys out the window as far as trying to make an experiential guess as to someone's type. Because keep in mind, we are all extraverted and we are all introverted. It is just a matter of how, when, and how much.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I too am an INFJ and I disagree with the description of the INFJ as very extraverted. Anyway, she seems like an obvious Fe dom to me.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I believe Vicky Jo really is an INFJ.

Keep in mind that an NiFe can indeed appear very extroverted on a video or during a performance of any kind.

Vicky Jo is older than many participants here and her tertiary function is going to also come into play. She, regardless of how she may seem, is anything but haphazard and Ni goes before Fe with her. Her videos may appear Fe, but they are the planned products of Ni. She is merely using Fe to get across what her Ni has already decided. I have spoken with her on many occasions, rarely about MBTI. I just wanted to get to know her as a person, after hearing a lot of people online dog her. I figured there must be something worth investigating, so I approached her, befriended her and found her to be an a genuine INFJ. However, she is VERY different than I am in many ways. Not all INFJs are the same. Just because we share the same functions and process information the same way does not mean that we are going to see every eye to eye on everything or that we all have the same functions operating in the same quantities.

For example, I am an INFJ. However, my Ti is very developed, probably because of where I am in my life and what I do. I depend on it as a writer. Being analytical is my life line, but I'm in no way an INTP. It is STILL my tertiary function.

I also often get mistaken for an ISTP, but I'm not an ISTP. I'm just an INFJ who happens to engage SeTi on a regular basis as a result of my training heavily in martial arts. Bruce Lee was sometimes mistaken for an INFJ but he was more likely an ISTP with a highly developed Ni.

Sometimes I am mistaken for an ENFJ but I'm not one. The person observing is just happening to see me in a situation where Fe appears more dominant than it really is, such as a performance or video presentation, etc. Fe is still my auxiliary function, even though it may be far less prominent than say, Vicky Jo's. We can't look at another person and say they're not our type because they don't seem to behave like we do. I hope this makes sense and comes across the way that I mean for it, too, with the intent to be helpful.