• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ed Edd & Eddy

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually a nice people-oriented show, so can be appreciated by adults if they give it a chance, despite the "boyish" humor at times (which is probably even less than most other modern cartoons. Animation is really not as classically "cartooney" either, so it's almost like watching a live action sitcom).

Ed ERBP (ExxP. Go figure him!)

Edd ISFJ. One might think right away that he's so intellectual/scientific and therefore a T, but when dealing with others, he shows a lot of Si-Fe (traditional, into "accepted social norms/etiquette", etc). Ti then becomes his relief, and this makes sense; only it has developed really early for him, which is part of what makes him so exceptional. It also gets "unsettling" when he overdoes it and expects others to adopt his principles.

Eddy ENTJ

Kevin ASTP Probably leans towards I, but seems somewhat outgoing

Johnny INFP?

Rolf ISTJ

Nazz ASFP?

Sarah EN?J

Jimmy INFJ

Lee Kanker ENTJ

Marie E?T?

May ESF?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love this show! And I was surprised at how personality driven it is. I'm glad to see that someone finally brought it up. It's perfect for this forum.

I actually think that Eddy is an ENTP. He doesn't really apply Thinking much, which proves to be a problem for him again and again. His actions are more like knee-jerks based on the big possibilities he sees. It's a sign of unchecked Ne.

Edd is a tough one, and I really boggled over him... He does seem like both worlds. It's true though, he's almost always taking a tact of what would be good or bad, and actually seems to deplore any thought of calculating ethics.
Why not ISFP, though?

As for Ed... yeah... he's hard to figure out. I actually think we can classify him as N, in his own very strange way. He seems to see his dreams far more than anything real. :laugh:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I look at them partly through Interaction Style as well, and Eddy does not seem Get Things Going (Role-Informative). He's clearly very task-oriented and only uses people. There's ESTJ, but then Ne would be inferior, and I don't really see Si with him.
I'll have to think about this more, but are you sure his reactions are not more Ni than Ne?

Edd, an SP? Don't see it at all. More Cooperative than Pragmatic.
What do you mean "calculating ethics"? Wouldn't you think his sense of "good and "bad" is more about social norms? (Still trying to get a grip on all the exact differences between Fe and Fi. Sometimes, it seems to come down to a matter of interpretation of people's behavior or motives). Perhaps, because I have so much in mind the episode where he tried to turn the other Eds into good kids.

Should have thought of that for Ed. But for some reason I was thinking he might be into the physical senses/experiences.

Let's not forget Plank. Just a lifeless hunk of wood that is still somehow a "person", but with no personality? Now, we have ourselves a ARBM/XXXX!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I look at them partly through Interaction Style as well, and Eddy does not seem Get Things Going (Role-Informative). He's clearly very task-oriented and only uses people. There's ESTJ, but then Ne would be inferior, and I don't really see Si with him.
I'll have to think about this more, but are you sure his reactions are not more Ni than Ne?

Well, Eddy is always the one that comes up with the idea to scam, and drags the other to into scamming. But while he decides to scam, you might notice that he leaves much of the plan to the other two. Edd has to figure everything out, and Ed does all the physical labor. So, to me, Eddy's ideas are so focused on possible outcomes and inspirations, and so little on the actual design, that it's definitely more N than T at work. You might remember when Eddy decides to establish a sea park. That's his whole idea, Eddy's Sea World. Making sense out of it was almost entirely left to Edd. He picked the location, the sights, explained where to find them, and designed the physical structures. :laugh:

Now, whether or not this is Ni or Ne, I don't know. But if his T is not the guiding factor for him, and N is first... that either makes him ENTP or INTJ, and it doesn't seem very likely that he's INTJ.

Edd, an SP? Don't see it at all. More Cooperative than Pragmatic.
What do you mean "calculating ethics"? Wouldn't you think his sense of "good and "bad" is more about social norms? (Still trying to get a grip on all the exact differences between Fe and Fi. Sometimes, it seems to come down to a matter of interpretation of people's behavior or motives). Perhaps, because I have so much in mind the episode where he tried to turn the other Eds into good kids.

I picked ISFP because the ISFP's dominant funciton is Fi followed be Se, where-as the ISFJ's is Si followed by Fe. I think the first combo better matches Edd, though it's admittedly a tough choice. I'd say, Edd is ultimately more Fi than Fe. I remember the episode you're talking about, and his actions were entirely based on his value system, with very little regard for the value system of the others. Also recall the episode where he tried to educate all the other kids. He felt it was his imperative to do so, even as all the other kids clearly hated it, and would have prefer that he didn't. Edd is someone that puts his idea of good/bad, desirable/undesirable over that of others. He's self-righteous.

His interest in things like etiquette, which might appear to be an Fe concern, may be more the result of his Se aesthetics.

Should have thought of that for Ed. But for some reason I was thinking he might be into the physical senses/experiences.

We might also put him down for F, since, looking back, he really seems to do everything on the basis of good/bad, sometimes with alarming disregard for practical limitations.

Let's not forget Plank. Just a lifeless hunk of wood that is still somehow a "person", but with no personality? Now, we have ourselves a ARBM/XXXX!

Nah, he's an ISTP. :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, Eddy is always the one that comes up with the idea to scam, and drags the other to into scamming. But while he decides to scam, you might notice that he leaves much of the plan to the other two. Edd has to figure everything out, and Ed does all the physical labor. So, to me, Eddy's ideas are so focused on possible outcomes and inspirations, and so little on the actual design, that it's definitely more N than T at work. You might remember when Eddy decides to establish a sea park. That's his whole idea, Eddy's Sea World. Making sense out of it was almost entirely left to Edd. He picked the location, the sights, explained where to find them, and designed the physical structures. :laugh:

Now, whether or not this is Ni or Ne, I don't know. But if his T is not the guiding factor for him, and N is first... that either makes him ENTP or INTJ, and it doesn't seem very likely that he's INTJ.
The Dom. Te description in Berens book on type is more about "maximizing achievements" and such, and when overdominating, they say stuff like "just get over it", etc. Ni is more about getting powerful insignts in what is likely to happen, and we may not see this, but then, this is a fictional kid. Perhaps knowing the kids will fall for it or something? However, or overprotective use, they get locked into following visions and closing off new data so they can accomplish it. this seems like when he is so driven to something, and won't listen to reason.

Just the fact that he is the leader, and gets the others to do everything makes him sound like a Fieldmarshall.
I picked ISFP because the ISFP's dominant funciton is Fi followed be Se, where-as the ISFJ's is Si followed by Fe. I think the first combo better matches Edd, though it's admittedly a tough choice. I'd say, Edd is ultimately more Fi than Fe. I remember the episode you're talking about, and his actions were entirely based on his value system, with very little regard for the value system of the others. Also recall the episode where he tried to educate all the other kids. He felt it was his imperative to do so, even as all the other kids clearly hated it, and would have prefer that he didn't. Edd is someone that puts his idea of good/bad, desirable/undesirable over that of others. He's self-righteous.

His interest in things like etiquette, which might appear to be an Fe concern, may be more the result of his Se aesthetics.
No, he does seem to appeal to a larger, societal set of values; hence "socially accepted manners". In "My Fair Ed" (the one I was talking about), it is the other kids who were annoyed by Edd and Eddy, so he was imposing their values on them not his own. (He himself tolerates them all the time). In the one you mentioned, that may have been more Fi-ish, I guess. And looking at the ISFP description, the overdominating Fi is said to be about rigidly adhering to certain beliefs and values, perhaps ones that are reactionary against what's judged as wrong with the world around him such as hypocrisy and suffering they witness first hand. For the INFP, the Fi description is nearly the same, except it mentions "social unjustice or unethical behavior". I still don't see the Se, but the etiquette might be a part of the latter.

Come to think of it, he does use a lot of Te, with all that labeling and sorting and stuff he does. I forgot about that, just focusing on him being so scientific minded. (As inferior, it too would be way overdeveloped for his age). But then that is one of the things that makes him seem so much like a J. Yeah; that's right, let me not forget that! He's one of the most "J-ish" people around! (Keirsey "Scheduler"; think "Felix" vs Oscar)

Last edited:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wait, there's people that watch that show that aren't on crack?

I had no idea. :eek:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
The people who thought of Ed, Edd, and Eddy were likely on crack at the time they thought of the idea, :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's such an interesting idea. Why is it crackish? A lot better than the other kid stuff out there.
I thought it would be cool if the same company did a show on types or temperaments.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's such an interesting idea. Why is it crackish? A lot better than the other kid stuff out there.

Uhhhh..no. It's totally psycho. Ren & Stimpy almost seems coherent compared to Edd...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uhhhh..no. It's totally psycho. Ren & Stimpy almost seems coherent compared to Edd...

That's a surprising comment to me. I disagree. The show is rather dry and slow. Surprisingly so for a kid's cartoon. I like it, though.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Your analysis of Edd is interesting. I immediately went into this topic thinking that he was an INTJ of some sort, perhaps with overactive tertiary Fi , but you argued convincingly that he was an SJ.

The shows easy enough to follow. Eddy comes up with a poorly thought up scheme, Edd improvises it, Ed proceeds to do all the manual labor while uttering random phrases ("butter toast!"), and eventually the trio's scheme falls apart after half-way accomplishing their goal. What makes it standout is the clever and imaginative way that the writers go about implementing this formula.

MBTI Type
INFP
Ed- ESFP (His imagination seems more inclined to Ni, an inferior function for ESFPs, than Ne.)

Edd- ISTJ (with well-developed tertiary Fi)

Eddy-ESTP (quintessential persuader)

Kevin- ESTP

Nazz- eSFP (She appears to be ambiverted.)

Jonny- INFP

Sarah-ENfJ

Jimmy-INFJ

May- ESFp

Lee-ENTJ

Marie-ENTP?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forgot all about this thread. This was from those first few months after I joined, and I was still pretty much shaping my understanding of the theory, (including trying to get that "81 Type" model with its "moderate" poles —"A", "X", etc. to fit, which I've since given up on) and learning the function attitudes and archetypes as I went along. So now, things are different:

Ed ExTP With all the stereotypes of introverted Thinking (scientific nerd, or whatever), I figured someone as "doofy" as him couldn't possibly prefer it. Or at least, that it is undeterminable. But since coming to think in terms of "technical vs humane", he clearly is not "humane" (focused on people and human affects), so he defaults to technical (Where int he earlier assumption, anyone who wasn't a technical genius must default to Feeling), and it's not external oriented (which would go more against that whole "doofy" profile), so it's PeTi.
The problem is translating to Galen temperament, where both ExTP's are Sanguine-Choleric mixes. We can obviously see the Sanguine, but he doesn't seem like a Choleric. That might seem like ExFP, but again, he doesn't seem to be a Feeler at all.

Edd ISTJ (ISFJ). I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I've determined that he is technically focused (it's obvious, looking at it in that term), but with an unusually high (for a child) Fi sense of ethics, bolstered by the dom. Si sense of how things should be.
We think Fe= the sole function of "social values", but Si+Fi will appear to do the same thing. As I've since added to my page:

"SJ is the temperament that values family cells, and such (Keirsey even associates it with a need to 'belong to social units'!) This sounds like Fe, but it is not necessarly so; of course, because there are both SFJ's (who do prefer Fe) and STJ's (for whom it is in the deepest shadow). The common need among SJ's of both stripes is Si, for which a family cell (or other organization) meets their need for something familiar that matches their tangible storehouse of data, rather than an externally set set humane standard of judgment."

Eddy ENTP (ENTJ) Obviously very Choleric, and didn't seem Sanguine (Get Things Going), but in the social level, he does accept people, or at least does not have a strict criteria in responding to them (which distinguishes the Sanguine from the Choleric), he just pushes to control them (financially).
Back then, I was also still influenced by the stereotype of Ti-preferrers always being so "detached" and unemotional (Eddy is obviously constantly frustrated and angry), so he didn't fit that image. Now knowing better, he does fit the type, and his schemes do fit the whole "Inventor" type concept.

Sarah ENTJ Wasn't sure about T/F before; knowing only that she was obviously some sort of "In Charge" (Choleric). Know, it's obvious that she's not humanely focused, and again, "emotion" does not indicate F.

Kevin ISTP. I say the same ("ASTP", basically). Phlegmatic Melancholy in Inclusion (like my brother), Sanguine in Control. Phlegmatic Melancholy (http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...Inclusion/phlegmatic-melancholy-inclusion.htm) is notably "more personable than most introverts" (on the surface), so he looks like he could be an extrovert. "Ability to socialize is used as a screening device to screen out those few individuals with whom he/she chooses to associate -- the few individuals with whom he/she associates for long periods of time must meet criteria which is in his/her mind."

The rest (For now); pretty much the same:

Rolf ISTJ
Johnny INFP?
Nazz ASFP?
Jimmy INFJ
Lee Kanker ENTJ
Marie E?TJ
May ESF?

S

SingSmileShine

For the title three, I see:

Ed - ENFP
Edd - INFJ
Eddy - ESTP/ENTP

MBTI Type
INFP
For the titular character's enneagram types...

Ed: ENfP 9w8

tritype: 9-7-2 (9w8- 7w6 -2w3)

Edd: ISTJ 1w2

tritype: 1-2-6 (1w2 - 2w1 - 6w5)

Eddy: EnTp 3w4

tritype: 3-7-8 (3w4 -7w8 - 8w7 )

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Wait, there's people that watch that show that aren't on crack?

I had no idea. :eek:

The people who thought of Ed, Edd, and Eddy were likely on crack at the time they thought of the idea, :D

its funny the S's didnt like the show. I bet one of the reason is they hated the way the characters were drawn.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
ed estp
edd istj
eddy entp 8
sarah estj

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type