• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Frances Quinlan, frontwoman of band Hop Along

pandaisarose

MBTI Type
infp
I want to talk about Frances Quinlan, front woman for the band Hop Along. (If you dont know, you'll definitely want to ((or at least if you're xNFx)) SHES NOT FOR EVERYONE lol that's for sure.

Anyway I'm almost *certain* she is INFP. I've listened and have related to a LOT of artists in my day, but no one quite sings out how I feel the way she does. Through her music I have truly felt a connection with myself and she says all the things i truly feel but could never verbalize with such clarity as she does.

I want to note her style alone. Very unique feelsy sound, I am in love with her scratchy vocals and folk undertone. Initially a solo gig with her first album (my personal favorite) Freshman Year she's now joined by her brother and a few others and have released Get Disowned

Firstly, have some interviewz!

And now the jamzzz
This one is just heard more than examined
Bride, Groom, and the Hot Air Balloon. Young married couple get swept up away to their death in the ocean. There are two versions of this one sad, lovely and slow, and another upbeat, happy even. "She said we could be a pair of happy fish we'll build our house in sunken ships" I never fail to dance and feel so happy and warm when I listen to it!

////////
Workers:
The mothers all agree, making babies aint what it used to be. Now they, they have decided to stop giving birth, it aint worth it, the world's overpopulated anyway. So no more birthdays/
Do ya, do ya have a house for me? I need something big, I can hide from myself in. I need a wall so I can't see anything at all.

For Sebastian, from a friend:
please be like that day when you saved all the rabbits
carried them in your arms into the cool garage
watch the way new things just hop along
hop along
hop along
sing your song
your guidance councelor was wrong
you've had a light all along
so sing your song
and hop along hop along
sing your song hop along
////
so changed are things in this home oh oh
the dogs have gone and left only their bones
/and I am afraid of everything especially the sun
once I dreamt it flew into the earth and killed everyone. would I wail off and kiss him and say
I always liked you
or call my mother say dear mother
I wish that there was something we could do
but I am a dog I just sat up and begged
thought I'm not so sure I'd like bein dead
but am I much better lyin here in my bed
and opened my eyes up to see
some sun had fallen over me

Kids on the Boardwalk:
Young love is in the air
Young love is cheap I mean it's everywhere
This ain't no statement of knowlege
It's just my defense
I've been ignoring the cost/
/I want truth and beauty
I wanna love someone simply
I want truth and beauty
I wanna love something
without it having to need me

Sally II:
Some man sent you a big fake
million dollar bill
you thought it was the real thing
you were gonna buy the world.
How crushing it must have been to find
this is not your place, this is
not your time.
At least you're numb to the sun
crashing down upon
your fifty-something hide
Time's already working hard against the mind
there is no kindness, there's a different
kind of crime
Voices you were hearing baby blue
was it God? why did he only want to talk
to you?
your forgotten mind
is also (also) mine.
/////

I'd loooove to know any thoughts and/or feels :)

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
None of these videos are interviews.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

pandaisarose

MBTI Type
infp
I've added a couple interviews, there aren't many as she's not very mainstream. I'm sure there's a handful of written interviews she's done, I'll have to search around.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, I think you're right. Based on the songs and lyrics you posted, I thought ISFP seemed like a possibility. Then it seemed like INxP from the interviews.

She's very specific when she speaks. (I got used to the young INFPs on Youtube who are hesitant and meandering.) Anyway, I wondered about INTP. She has a lot of little "giddy" moments, though. In the second interview, she says this:

"'Cause that's how you grow is just by thinking about your experiences and the experiences of other people around you and forming your own conclusions from that or questions, and those can make...some of the best songs are just questions that people have. And, you know...and just making it about the song, serving the song. Whatever people might think of what you're doing, I mean, you're always growing if you're always serving something you believe in."

Heh.

I agree with you.

pandaisarose

MBTI Type
infp
Sweet! :) I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me :) I was just guessing off of a hunch, but its pretty fulfilling to be right :p heheh still learning about other types, just really dove into mbti a few weeks ago mainly focused on INFJ/INFP.
I knew Frances and I had to share at least some of the same functions.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
its pretty fulfilling to be right.

Well, we don't know for certain what her type is. Maybe you could ask her on the social networks. What's everyone doing now? Tumblr. Or one of those kind of things.