• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Alien Series

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't find a thread covering these films, so apologies to the mods if one already exists.

I'm going to focus on the 1st 2 films, Alien and Aliens, as they are obviously the best in the series and I think that the characters were a little more rounded out and believable (especially in Aliens)--the characters in 3 and especially in Resurrection seem very silly and larger-than-life, and I don't want to get into those films at the moment. Let's not even mention the AvP films.

Ellen Ripley: INTJ (maybe) ISTP was my first guess, because she becomes a badass with weapons, but that's the ultimate mistake people make ("such-and-such must be an ISTP because they are good with weapons"). Otherwise, I see nothing to indicate STP for Ripley. My second guess would be ISTJ

Alien Characters
Dallas: ISTJ, maybe ESTJ
Kane: xNTP
Ash: INTP (one of the best examples of an INTP villain, imo)
Lambert: ISFx
Parker: ESTP
Brett: ISTP
The Xenomorph: INTJ

Aliens Characters
Newt: ISxP
Hicks: ISTP
Hudson: ESFP
Vasquez: ISTJ
Burke: ENTx
Bishop: INTP (yes, yet another android INTP)
Gormon: ESTJ
Alien Queen: ENTJ

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you really type a xenomorph?

Did the xenomorphs in Aliens all have individual types of their own? If so, was it based on who they gestated within?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you really type a xenomorph?

Did the xenomorphs in Aliens all have individual types of their own? If so, was it based on who they gestated within?

I was trying to be silly with that, but now you've raised an intriguing question. You've got to wonder though, because the first xenomorph spent most of its time hiding and waiting whereas the xenomorphs in Aliens were much more "outgoing"

I've seen it explained that the first xenomorph was a drone, while the later aliens were from the warrior class, so that could also explain a lot.

I think the more logical explanation would be that the xenomoprhs in Aliens had strength in numbers, while the 1st xenomorph needed to hide, as he would've been far more vulnerable out in the open.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, xenomorph concepts were also evolving, and different writers/directors were involved.

X-men ripped off the xenomorph with the Brood. ..the queen implants eggs, the spawn actually reshapes the host into a brood at its birth...all while retaining host temperament and powers. So it's an interesting idea.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i had an elaborate response written about how both reproductive methods make sense for such a resilient species, but my browser crashed.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
subscribing to this thread :yes: