• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What types were the Final Fantasy IV (FF2 US) characters?

My guesses are:

Cecil: ENFP
Kain: ENTP
Rydia: INFJ
Rosa: ESFJ
Tellah: INTJ
Edward: ISFP
Yang: ESTJ
Palom: ESTP
Porom: ISFJ
Cid: ISTP
Edge: ESFP

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Unfortunately it's been about 15 years since I've played this game. All I remember is thinking Dragoon jumping was really cool.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only saw the movie back in 2001, which I actually enjoyed.

Sling

MBTI Type
N358
I know there has got to be some FF fans on this site. Im only familiar with a couple of the games, so your consensus would probably be beneficial.

VII
Cloud : ISTP
Tifa : ESFJ
Aeris : INFP
Barret : XSTJ
Vincent : INFJ
Sephiroth : INTJ
Cid : ESTP
Rex XIII : IXFJ
Cait Sith : EXFP
Yuffie : EXXP

VIII
Squall : INFJ?
Laguna : ENTP
Rinoa :
Zell : ENFP
Selphie : ESFP
Seifer : ESTP
Quistis :
Irvine :

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'd probably agree that Cloud is ISTP...but then again, he's very moody and touchy. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a hallmark of an ISTP.

Aeris is definitely INFP.

Barret definite ESTJ

Cait Sith seems ENTP

Sephiroth INTJ for sure

Not too sure where you get INFJ for Vincent...I think we don't get enough exposure to his character to really know.

Sid seems totally ENTJ

The others I'm not too sure about. Seven was my favorite one of the series, though, so interesting thread.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Rinoa seems ENFP to me. Quistis would be INFJ, and Irvine ESTP.
Also, I'd say Squall is a ISFP... but I'm not sure.

And for my favourite FF...

FFVI:
Kefka: ENTP
Terra: INFP
Locke: ExTP
Edgar: ENTx
Sabin: ESFJ
Celes: INFJ
Shadow: ISTJ
Setzer: IxTx
Relm: ESFP
Strago: INTP

Steer2Justice

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Setzer strikes me more of an ENTP actually. Yeah, I have to agree with you on the others.

Zack Fair- ENFP
Squall- INTJ, he made me think that he was a thinker more than a feeler actually.
Yuffie- ESTP, definitely. She was a thinker, but quite a procrastinator too. She didn't have plans, and merely improvised.

Negative_

IX

Vivi - INFP
Steiner - ESTJ
Amarant - ISTP
Freya - INxJ?
Zidane - ExTP

i really wish i still had the patience to play these games. i still haven't beaten most of them...

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Since I'm replaying FFIV thanks to the DS version, I'll go with them and use a phoenix down on the thread.

Cecil: INFJ
Kain: ISTJ
Rosa: ESFJ
Rydia: ENFP
Edward: INFP
Tellah: INTx
Edge: xSFP
Yang: xSTJ
Porom: ENTP
Palom: ENFP
Fusoya: INTP
Golbez: ENTJ

For sure I've failed in many, but I haven't finished it yet, and I don't remember very well.
Anyway, this game is pure F.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
wohoo! i love FF's. was gonna make this thread myself :D. agree with most of them so i guess i'll just do the ones that weren't covered yet.

X:

tidus: ESTP
yuna: INFP
rikku: ESFP
lulu: INFJ
kimahri: ISTJ
wakka: EXXP
auron: INTJ

this is a very loose estimate. what's with all the INTJ's kicking ass?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's been a while since I've played FFVII, but I just played crisis core, so let me take a stab at these.

VII
Zack - ESTP
Cloud - INFP
Tifa - ESFJ
Aeris - INFJ
Barret - ESTJ
Vincent - ISTP
Sephiroth - INTJ
Cid - ISTP
Rex XIII - ISFJ
Cait Sith - ESTJ
Yuffie - ENTP

X
tidus: ESTP
yuna: INFJ
rikku: ESFP
lulu: INTJ
kimahri: ISTJ
wakka: ESFJ
auron: ISTP

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I finished XII a little while ago:

Van: ESFP
Penelo: esFJ
Ashe: ESTJ (albeit, an incredibly indecisive one)
Basch: ISFJ (Mr. Duty and Honor)
Balthier: EnTP
Fran: IxTP
What was with the plot though? Look for this rock, look for this rock, get a sword to cut out more magical rocks from the giant magical rock.... Meanwhile the Marquis (which they insisted on pronouncing with the "s" un-silent) is doing all the actual work of, you know, assembling a resistance army and stockpiling weapons.

I'm currently on disc 3 of FFVIII:

Sling said:
Squall : INFJ?
Laguna : ENTP
Rinoa :
Zell : ENFP
Selphie : ESFP
Seifer : ESTP
Quistis :
Irvine :
Kora said:
Rinoa seems ENFP to me. Quistis would be INFJ, and Irvine ESTP.
Also, I'd say Squall is a ISFP... but I'm not sure.
Squall: INFJ (The INxJ is pretty obvious- he's often analyzing himself from an outside perspective and extremely pensive. I think he shows a lot of Fe rather than Te- he says himself that he's frustrated that he cares so much what people think. And perhaps it's just because the game is set up that way- but he's such a reluctant leader and polling his teammates on what he should do to try and get the best result- not a strategic Te approach.)
Laguna: ENTP
Rinoa: ENFP - idealistic, but not very well-planning
Zell: eSFP (*could* be ENFP)
Selphie: ESFP
Seifer: E???- (I don't know. He's so idealistic too- what with the wanting to be a knight and his man-of-action screw-the-dumb-rules attitude. Foresight definitely isn't one of his strengths- need to think this over some more)
Quistis: eNFJ??
Irvine: ESTP

It's been a long while since I've played any FFVII, but Cloud did strike me as INFP.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: My friend and I had recognized the whole desert boy/princess/sky-pirate/furry-copilot thing (and the exploding ships and other plot-y stuff), but now that you point it out.... There is the other parallel: our intrepid Star Wars heroes did have a tendency to not be helping out much to be getting so much hero credit- what with the being wall ornaments, or training with Yoda, and such.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yuna: ISFJ (is a people pleaser)
Lulu: INTJ (She is too analytical to be an F)
Auron: INTP
Wakka:ESFP
Tidus:ESFP(far too driven by emotions to be a T)

Quistis: INFJ
Rinoa:ESFJ

Silence11

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, I loved this game back in the day... though obviously it's been awhile. From what i remember though, I would probably classify Cecil as an INFJ (definately NF) and Edward as an INFP. The rest of your guesses, as far as I can remember, sound pretty good.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cecil: INFJ
Kain: ISTP
Rosa: EsFJ
Rydia: iNFP
Tellah: INTJ
Edward: ISFP
Yang: iSTJ
Palom: EsTP
Porom: IsFJ
Cid: ESTP
Edge: ESfP
Fusoya: INFJ

Last edited:

Grimm

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Just to put in my own 2 cents on FFVII:

Cloud is MOST DEFINATELY an INFP:

His overall personality in the ORIGINAL game was actually a pretty realistic and not overdone version of INFP personality. Then, for the sake of pandering, Square Enix flanderized him into more of an INFP stereotype. Still, VERY INFP though.

I was never sure wether Zack Fair was ENFP or ESFP. But I actually think ESFP. I could also see how you could view him as ESTP, but I don't see him using much Ti. I do see him using Fi though. I think he's very much a good example of an ESFP charactr, but if someone would like to refute this, I'd be more than glad to hear your take on it and your reasons for disagreeing.

Also, I agree with Tifa being ESFJ. She seems to use Fe more than Si, and seems to DEFINATELY have more of an Fe focus when interacting with all of her companions. In fact, her behaviour in FFVII: AC was VERY Fe focused.

I'm not sure about Aeris, actually. Would anyone care to explain what about her seems to indicate Ni>Fe>Ti>Se in her functioning?

OVerall though, I DEFINATELY belive that Cloud is INFP, I belive Zack Fair is ESFP, and Tifa is very ESFJ. All good examples of their type, actually, if you ask me.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
All the Final Fantasy 1 characters are INTP because they go through the world extremely detached and not personally involved with anything that's going on.

Maybe they're ISTJ and completely detached and focused on playing certain roles.