• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Flash (2014 TV Show)

friendly-dropbear

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've long been a comic book reader, which drew me to Arrow as well as the new Flash series (both of which I love so far). I know there have only been two episodes of The Flash, but I think it might be enough for some speculation, at the very least. I feel like just as Arrow changed Ollie's personality a bit from the comics (ENFP to ESFP, I would say), it also changed Barry's, and I think it might have changed it *to* ENFP, though that could just be me projecting myself onto the character.

Anybody have any thoughts? I don't feel qualified to guess, as I don't know MBTI well enough to make any claims that wouldn't be mostly flat-out guessing.

elHexy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hi! I didn't watch Arrow, so I can only answer for Barry. He did seem more ENFP at the start of the season but now that we've had more episodes I think he is INFP. As for the other characters, what do you think? For me, Caitlin - ISTJ, Cisco - EXTP, Eddie - ISTP, Joe - ESFJ, Iris - ENTP, Wells - INTJ.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would say Ollie from the tv show was more XSTJ!

As for the other Arrow peeps, my guesses are...
Felicity: INFP
Diggle: ISTJ
Roy: ISTP
Thea: ESFP
Moira: ENTJ
Laurel: ESFP
Tommy: ESTP
Malcolm: XNTJ

From The Flash...
Barry: XNFP
Caitlin: ISTJ
Cisco: ESTP
Eddie: ESTJ
Joe: ISFJ
Iris: ESTP
Harrison: INTJ

Mane

Permabanned
Disclaimer: I will hopefully get to the entire cast of the twin shows eventually - these are just my thoughts for now.

Oliver - ESTJ 8w9

Laurel - ISFJ 1w2

Felicity - INTP 6w5

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Didn't watch the show. I will definitely give it a try in the near future.

Just don't tell me they turned the flash into a NF character.

What's with hollywood making all protagonists NFy these days? Atleast they kept Bruce Wayne as an ISTJ as he was meant to be in the comics.

I think the comic book flash in an ESTP.

xaviergx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Barry is one of the most ENFP characters on TV right now. I can see where he may look like an I but he is an E. Plus ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts.(Keirsey stated this)

- - - Updated - - -

The comic book Flash is also an ENFP. Wally West is an ESFP though.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Barry Allen: ENFP + 6w7 Sx/So
Cisco Ramon/Vibe: ESFP + 7w6 Sx/So
Caitlin Snow: ISTJ + 6w5 Sx/Sp
Iris West: ENTP + 3w2 So/Sx
Joe West: ESFJ + 9w1 Sx/So
Harrison Wells: INTJ + 5w6 Sp /Sx
Eddie Thawne: ESTP + 6w7 So/Sx
Ronnie Raymond: ISFP + 1w2 Sx/So
Leonard Snart/Captain Cold: INTP + 5w6 Sp/Sx
Mick Rory/Heat Wave: ESTP + 8w7 Sp/So
Jay Garrick: ESFJ + 3w2 Sp/Sx
Patty Spivot: ENFP + 2w3 So/Sx
Wally West: ISFP + 6w7 Sp/Sx
Martin Stein: INTP + 5w4 So/Sp
Jackson: ISFP + 6w7 Sx/So

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm watching arrow now, still need to finish flash I love arrow. and I loved what i watched of flash. though I need to finish game of thrones before i get back to flash which i'll plan to do after i finish game of thrones (I need to get caught up before i go back) I'm gonna finish the first season of arrow today.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
TV show is really cool. Was disappointed when I saw Batman vs Superman, because that iteration of the Flash looks terribad compared to the TV version.

Kasia93

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not caught up on the current season, but I've really enjoyed the show. I agree for the most part with Jeff. Although, my first impression of Patty Spivot was ISTJ, but I have only caught a few episodes of season 2. The one typing that surprised me was INTP for Snart. From the episodes I've seen I have not pictured him in that light. I'll pay more attention to Spivot and Snart when I go back to the series.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TV show is really cool. Was disappointed when I saw Batman vs Superman, because that iteration of the Flash looks terribad compared to the TV version.

They were never going to use the actor in the TV series. I think it has something to do with who owns the character in the TV series. Anyway, I like the show. Because like all good shows I like it has a reoccurring villain but each episode has a plot of its own. It has a relaxing vibe. The show is nothing compared to Daredevil but Flash has its own perks.

What I don't like is what they've done to the character. They have made him a feeling driven, I must carry the pains of the whole world, goody two-shoes. It's ideal for the shows setting but I maybe they could have done more with a Justice League animated series type version.

----

Regarding the second season - they messed it up with Zoom's story line. They could have done so much more. Sigh! What the fuck were the writers thinking? Couldn't they have come up with a better plot (Zoom origin)?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They were never going to use the actor in the TV series. I think it has something to do with who owns the character in the TV series. Anyway, I like the show. Because like all good shows I like it has a reoccurring villain but each episode has a plot of its own. It has a relaxing vibe. The show is nothing compared to Daredevil but Flash has its own perks.

What I don't like is what they've done to the character. They have made him a feeling driven, I must carry the pains of the whole world, goody two-shoes. It's ideal for the shows setting but I maybe they could have done more with a Justice League animated series type version.

----

Regarding the second season - they messed it up with Zoom's story line. They could have done so much more. Sigh! What the fuck were the writers thinking? Couldn't they have come up with a better plot (Zoom origin)?

"They have made him a feeling driven, I must carry the pains of the whole world, goody two-shoes."

Can you rephrase this sentence so that it reflects your correct version?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The are really fucking up season 2. They could have done so much more with Zoom but wow they just fucked things up. Even an amateur writer could have done better than that. Sooooooooo many plot holes too. Urghhhh!

"They have made him a feeling driven, I must carry the pains of the whole world, goody two-shoes."

Can you rephrase this sentence so that it reflects your correct version?

Watch the Justice League animated series. You'd see my preferred version. However that version is Wally West, not Barry Allen. In the Flash Tv series Wally West is annoyingly antagonistic all the time. Yuk I wish he wouldn't become a Speedster.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The are really fucking up season 2. They could have done so much more with Zoom but wow they just fucked things up. Even an amateur writer could have done better than that. Sooooooooo many plot holes too. Urghhhh!

Watch the Justice League animated series. You'd see my preferred version. However that version is Wally West, not Barry Allen. In the Flash Tv series Wally West is annoyingly antagonistic all the time. Yuk I wish he wouldn't become a Speedster.

Well, that's why I was asking, because you mentioned the cartoon and it's Wally. Wally and Barry have different types in MBTI (and Socionics). Wally is ENFP. Barry is IJ that floats between ST and NF. And I don't mean the teenage versions of those types that are prevalent on typology forums that make them seem like whackjobs. The issue with the TV show is that Barry floats between E and I. When he goes to the I side, he comes across as a whiney little p****, and loses any manner of stoicism or blind-determination. There's been more than a few times when he would have some scene and I would think "what a f*****"

adrainsmith

Good news for the flash fans: The CW released the official synopsis, promotional photos and video for Season 4 Episode 22 of The Flash – Think Fast, airing May 15th.

adrainsmith

The CW released the official synopsis, promotional photos and video for Season 5 Episode 4 of The Flash - News Flash, airing October 30th. Read more FANdemonium Network.