• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daria

Type Daria

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP 5w4 Sp/So, raised in an ESFJ family. Jane is an ISTP and Trent an ESTP. The Sp/So variant can make look ISTJ, but I don't think it's her type.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Daria is pretty much an INTP in an exaggerately (and stereotypically) ESfJ world. I think she has some F tendencies sometimes but not enough for INFP. I could see INTJ, but from the episodes I've seen, she would be a pretty atypical J.

As far as ISTJ goes, I think the moments later in the show when she appears SJ are very inconsistent and a result of sloppy writing rather than an expression of what character she was orginally intended to be ;) This is what I suspect, at least. I would need to watch the whole series to decide this and better explain what I mean here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I detect tertiary Fi in this - coming to terms with her feelings (values and ideals) and how to express them.
Yes, definitely.

Re: other comments about her being ISTJ... One of the main differences I've noticed between ISTJs and INTJs is that ISTJs (like ESTJs) aren't so automatically skeptical of those above them in the hierarchy. Whereas, INTJs are equally skeptical of everyone, and pretty much never hold back the truth, whenever they feel that it needs to be said. Very Te/Fi - and not even remotely Ti. She's a crusader.

Also, she has a tendency to point out what's wrong with the world without coming up with solutions. That doesn't strike me as INTP-like.
My forum pet peeve: comments like this. Don't be a jerk. Just say what you think and why you think it.

I could see INTJ, but from the episodes I've seen, she would be a pretty atypical J.
Why? She's never disorganized - that I can remember. She's always on top of things, and almost always fully in control. No chaos for Daria.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
daria is definitely an INTP, jane is IXTJ

loooool

Nice logic there INTP. I didn't realise 'lol' was a logical argument. Enlightening.

How is Jane a J?

INTP 5w4 Sp/So, raised in an ESFJ family. Jane is an ISTP and Trent an ESTP. The Sp/So variant can make look ISTJ, but I don't think it's her type.

Trent an ESTP??? Are you high?

No one in Daria's family is an ESFJ except maybe Quinn who I'd still say is ESFP

Daria is pretty much an INTP in an exaggerately (and stereotypically) ESfJ world. I think she has some F tendencies sometimes but not enough for INFP. I could see INTJ, but from the episodes I've seen, she would be a pretty atypical J.

As far as ISTJ goes, I think the moments later in the show when she appears SJ are very inconsistent and a result of sloppy writing rather than an expression of what character she was orginally intended to be ;) This is what I suspect, at least. I would need to watch the whole series to decide this and better explain what I mean here.

Oh I see. So the parts of the show where she's INTP are good writing, and the rest is sloppy. Convenient.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ That's not really what I said. I mean that almost all of the time she shows INTx preferences (even though she still uses the S and F functions sometimes, like any other person), but during some of the later episodes she has a sudden personality shift that is totally inconsistent with what she was like earlier in the series. I probably should not have used the word 'sloppy.' It looks more like the writer of the show changed, or the writer changed his/her mind about what Daria's personality should be like.

I agree that Jane is some sort of ISxP and Trent is probably slightly introverted.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^ That's not really what I said. I mean that almost all of the time she shows INTx preferences (even though she still uses the S and F functions sometimes, like any other person), but during some of the later episodes she has a sudden personality shift that is totally inconsistent with what she was like earlier in the series. I probably should not have used the word 'sloppy.' It looks more like the writer of the show changed, or the writer changed his/her mind about what Daria's personality should be like.

Did the writer ever change? I never noticed that she was different in the later episodes.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Re: other comments about her being ISTJ... One of the main differences I've noticed between ISTJs and INTJs is that ISTJs (like ESTJs) aren't so automatically skeptical of those above them in the hierarchy. Whereas, INTJs are equally skeptical of everyone, and pretty much never hold back the truth, whenever they feel that it needs to be said. Very Te/Fi - and not even remotely Ti. She's a crusader.
What I've seen, from having ISTJ parents and others, is that if the "heirarchy" is really corrupt or screwed up, they WILL rebel against it. SJ (despite Keirsey's divorcing it from the function) is based on Si, which is a focus on internal conrete data. The need for familiarity this create will often lead them to follow heirarchies; but remember, the functional standard (orientation) is internal, not external. So their allegiance to any external structure must pass that internal standard.

And isn't the point of Daria that everyone else around her is stupid, or something like that? (I haven't watched it enough, but that does seem to be the gist of the premise, from what I've seen).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why? She's never disorganized - that I can remember. She's always on top of things, and almost always fully in control. No chaos for Daria.

It would seem a little atypical in the sense that she is very much an observer and almost never directive. She just lets things happen and comments on them. But I do think perhaps she really is a J who has a secret method to this madness, and just looks very P at times due to some master plan ;)

Did the writer ever change? I never noticed that she was different in the later episodes.

I don't think she was consistently different in the later episodes, but I remember her being inconsistent in character at some of the later times. But I don't remember the details of those times, at this time, so I'm going to throw that idea to the side for now.

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Reading this thread gave me the warm fuzzies. Thanks, guys! :wubbie:

I really liked Tom. I don't think he's an E. He's weird enough to be an N. And he expresses very little emotions, so he's a T. I haven't seen him express any J-ness, though.

Could it be that Tom and Daria are both INTPs?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, she has a tendency to point out what's wrong with the world without coming up with solutions. That doesn't strike me as INTP-like.

actually the INTPs in my family do this all the time. i love them, but that tendency drives me insane.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Y

I wouldn't say she is necessarily "on top of things"

She might understand what is going on, but thats the extent of it. What I really took from the show is how little control she does have in her little weird world, and how aware she is of it. Basically, it screamed P to me

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Daria could be some IxTJ in a PiFi loop but I just don't see Te, like some others have said before, she seems to just let things happen.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

i do this all the time and that strikes me as very INTP like, my INTJ friend would never do this.

actually the INTPs in my family do this all the time. i love them, but that tendency drives me insane.

why?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!

Every type does this. There are more problems than solutions. People can see that.

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
The show is structured like she's an INTP. It's about her responding to the events going around her. She never initiates anything, and really only goes along with things because "well, whatever." The only time she's directive is when the situation clearly needs someone to do something, and no one else is stepping up. She does it begrudgingly. It's still responding, not directing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The show is structured like she's an INTP. It's about her responding to the events going around her. She never initiates anything, and really only goes along with things because "well, whatever." The only time she's directive is when the situation clearly needs someone to do something, and no one else is stepping up. She does it begrudgingly. It's still responding, not directing.

no she is an ESFP, because she spoke once!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hm, I did not see it as a shift or inconsistency.....I do see the "difference" in later episodes, but I saw it as giving the character more depth/complexity, not as inconsistencies in her character's personality.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Hm, I did not see it as a shift or inconsistency.....I do see the "difference" in later episodes, but I saw it as giving the character more depth/complexity, not as inconsistencies in her character's personality.

I see the difference you're describing too, I agree. I think it goes along with her dating Tom. She explores a new aspect of herself this way. Plus with finishing high school she's entering a new area of her life and has to deal with leaving her family, Jane, etc. If that doesn't make someone more mature I don't know what does. She has to "grow up" (though she always seemed adult like from an early age, compared to, for example, myself :p...for some reason Ps strike me as eternal children)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ugh, I wanted the whole Tom arch to die a miserable death.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Ugh, I wanted the whole Tom arch to die a miserable death.

I didn't like Tom personally... I just think his character was put there to show a different side of Daria and her friendship with Jane (since Tom also messed that up, initially, IIRC).