• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daria

Type Daria

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've changed my mind about Daria. She does seem more INTJ... very Ni-style to her and she rejects extraversion in general so much that the Te is harder to see.

deleted
Calmly dispassionate, detached, scrutinizing, analytical = INTP. Not necessarily visa versa.

I've changed my mind about Daria. She does seem more INTJ... very Ni-style to her and she rejects extraversion in general so much that the Te is harder to see.

I haven't seen much of the show but I don't remember this Ni style. INTJ 5s can be very calm and detached and lack an extroverted focus, but functionally they don't give off that primary thinking/scrutinizing feel about everything and aren't inferior feeling. From what I remember, Daria's got all that, and that seems to be an easy difference between INTx functions.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see the Ni style. INTJ 5s can be very calm and detached and lack an extroverted focus, but functionally they don't give off that primary thinking/scrutinizing feel about everything and aren't inferior feeling. From what I remember, Daria's got all that, and seems to be an easy difference between INTx functions.

Her Fe is really weak but tertiary Fi is plausible for her, I think. Hmmm, it is a difficult call between Ti and Ni for her, but then again I also leaned a little bit away from INTP as I don't see much Ne or Si from her. I could be mistaken there though. And it's also a close call of whether her negative view of the world is more symbolic of inferior Se or inferior Fe. A big theme of the show is that she rebels against both of her warped views of these a lot.

deleted
The difference between tertiary and inferior feeling always seems pretty significant to me. The tertiary usually seems a lot closer to the primary, and sometimes it looks equal to or surpasses the secondary because there's more emphasis on I/E. So usually the more introverted an INTJ goes the more Fi becomes apparent (like the Gus guy from the Breaking Bad thread) but either way the feeling function is more apparent in INTJs and ENTPs. Overall the reasoning as to INTJ is not necessarily that sound, but like I said I haven't seen much of the show so I don't know her type for sure. INTP seems more likely given what I've watched and what people say about her.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm telling you doo doo butters, she's a fucking snarky ISTJ.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been converted to the INTJ camp....I think she is INTJ. Her infatuation with ISFP trent makes a lot of sense from that perspective. Check the INTJ forum - they die over Fi-doms. I'm always surprised by this...

I think the show plays up archetypes, so this is why I think she is definitely INxx. She's the cerebral, outcast INxx weirdo. The ISTJ archetype nerd is often a nark; they're like hall pass monitor types. Also contrast her with Brian on My So Called Life - that's a good ISTJ nerd example.

I don't think she is focused on details. Instead she tends to zero in on a general "truth" & sum stuff up in one sarcastic swipe. This seems quite NTJ to me.

Sunny Ghost

I retract my earlier statements and now feel as though INTJ is painfully obvious for Daria.

Nicki

Retired
She's an introvert and a Fi/Te user. I have a feeling that she's either INFP or INTJ, maybe ISTJ. 5w4

Nicodemus

I say after four years of inconclusive discussion time is ripe for a poll.

Perhaps [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] could conjure one up if [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION], as mistress of this thread, agrees.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I say after four years of inconclusive discussion time is ripe for a poll.

Perhaps [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] could conjure one up if [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION], as mistress of this thread, agrees.

Sure. Let's do this shit.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love this show !!!

Daria : INTP 5w4 Sp/Sx
Jane : ISTP (ENTP trends) 6w5 Sx/Sp
Trent : ESFP 7w6 Sp/So
Helen (mother): ESTJ 3w4 Sx/Sp
Jacob (father) : ISTJ 9w8 Sp/So
Queen (sister) : ENFJ 3w2 So/Sx
Kevin : ESFP (ENFP trends) 7w6 So/Sx
Britanny : ESTJ 8w7 So/Sx
Sandy : ESFJ 3w4 So/Sx
Angela (headmistress) : ESTJ 8w9 or 1w9 So/Sp
Timothy (teacher): INFP 9w1 Sx/So

KDude

I love this show !!!

Daria : INTP 5w4 Sp/Sx
Jane : ISTP (ENTP trends) 6w5 Sx/Sp
Trent : ESFP 7w6 Sp/So
Helen (mother): ESTJ 3w4 Sx/Sp
Jacob (father) : ISTJ 9w8 Sp/So
Queen (sister) : ENFJ 3w2 So/Sx
Kevin : ESFP (ENFP trends) 7w6 So/Sx
Britanny : ESTJ 8w7 So/Sx
Sandy : ESFJ 3w4 So/Sx
Angela (headmistress) : ESTJ 8w9 or 1w9 So/Sp
Timothy (teacher): INFP 9w1 Sx/So

I haven't seen this in a long time, but this seems OK (not sure about 5w4 Daria though). Jane's typing is funny. She is a bit like Daria.. just flirts with being mainstream more (and then regrets it).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm telling you doo doo butters, she's a fucking snarky ISTJ.

Eh, I don't think I saw much of Daria that would indicate Si dom..... Si tert. is plausible, I'd heard some good arguments that she's an IxFP who is constantly dissatisfied with the world because of her picky Fi.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While talking to Glycerine, I once mentioned that I think it's usually impossible to type fictional characters properly. Depending on what you focus on (e.g. vibe, tone, words) it's possible to derive divergent yet equally valid conclusions.

Still, instead of acting like a party pooper, I'll vote INTP, for the following reasons:

1. This is a strong indicator of primary Ti:

Calmly dispassionate, detached, scrutinizing, analytical = INTP. Not necessarily visa versa.

2. She answers things without thinking much. I find that INTJs tend to take some time to analyze the utility of what is about to be said, while INTPs normally just focus on whether it has logical integrity, which is a much faster process, especially with primary Ti at work.
e.g.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtexRe4AfE0

3. INTJs tend to look like they have some purpose or goal, which is not Daria's case.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eh, I don't think I saw much of Daria that would indicate Si dom..... Si tert. is plausible, I'd heard some good arguments that she's an IxFP who is constantly dissatisfied with the world because of her picky Fi.

Say what you were looking out for with regards to Si and then we'll be able to diagnose your problem.

Nicki

Retired
Daria is not an INTP. Definitely an Fi/Te user with the struggles she has regarding her values and being authentic.