• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Knick

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has anyone been watching The Knick?

If so, what do you think the main character, Dr. John Thackery, is? I think he's a clear INTJ.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If so, what do you think the main character, Dr. John Thackery, is? I think he's a clear INTJ.

I just found this thread!

It's interesting you say John is an INTJ, I've always thought of him as a clear cut ENTP.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I wish I had found this earlier, this is one of my favorite shows. I don't think he is extroverted so not ENTP but perhaps INTP. I don't think INTJ. I do think he is an enneagram 4 or 5. Of course being all coked up or on heroin doesn't make his type clear either.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I had found this earlier, this is one of my favorite shows. I don't think he is extroverted so not ENTP but perhaps INTP. I don't think INTJ. I do think he is an enneagram 4 or 5. Of course being all coked up or on heroin doesn't make his type clear either.

No way that man is an enneagram 4 and I don't know the reasons for him being an introvert.

All his work is one huge experiment, all he does is discovering new possibilities and ways of treating diseases. The medicine is his game and he plays with all the brilliancy and genius he has. He loves to play with the boundaries and actively fights against anything old and archaic to be able to bring innovation and novelty. He's inventive, creative, big picture thinker who more than anything enjoys to play with ideas and possibilities, I don't believe there exist a better explanation of extroverted intuition than that.
Other reasons why he's an extrovert and an irrational type: When his ex girlfriend came to him suffering with syphilis she remembered how much he loved to party and to have fun with his colleagues. His usage of cocaine is a sign of generally impulsive nature and his spontaneousness and impulsivity manifest all through the show.

ENTP 5w4, or 7w8 make more sense than anything.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've got season 1 of this muthafucka ready to watch whenever I decide to :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No way that man is an enneagram 4 and I don't know the reasons for him being an introvert.

All his work is one huge experiment, all he does is discovering new possibilities and ways of treating diseases. The medicine is his game and he plays with all the brilliancy and genius he has. He loves to play with the boundaries and actively fights against anything old and archaic to be able to bring innovation and novelty. He's inventive, creative, big picture thinker who more than anything enjoys to play with ideas and possibilities, I don't believe there exist a better explanation of extroverted intuition than that.
Other reasons why he's an extrovert and an irrational type: When his ex girlfriend came to him suffering with syphilis she remembered how much he loved to party and to have fun with his colleagues. His usage of cocaine is a sign of generally impulsive nature and his spontaneousness and impulsivity manifest all through the show.

ENTP 5w4, or 7w8 make more sense than anything.

I said 4 or 5 but the reason I said 4 was due to their fear being no identity or significance. Being a brilliant surgeon is his identity but I agree with the partying. I would go with 5w4 also.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I said 4 or 5 but the reason I said 4 was due to their fear being no identity or significance. Being a brilliant surgeon is his identity but I agree with the partying. I would go with 5w4 also.

I think establishing one's identity based on being a brilliant professional in one's field is more enngream 5 than anything else. 4s establish their identity based on being different, original all based on their feelings and sensivity closely tide-up with romantic and aesthetic perceptions of life and their ideals. I don't believe he does that.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's great. At first the music really irritated me until I realized it fits perfectly.

Music-Cliff Martinez, did the soundtracks for Drive and The Neon Demon. The later being extra amazing.

It's an odd choice of music for a show in the early 1900s with all the electronic synthesizers, genre: ambient/ experimental?

But a huge part of this show is the technological advancements, like HUGE ones, x-rays and such. Stuff this show made me really think about, like, WOW there was a time when electric vacuums (for blood or whatever) were brand new. And all the other medical stuff.

So it's like kind of a futuristic show or on a speeding train towards it in a way. Thus the music fits wonderfully, but you probably figured that.

another note, just discovered this show, season 1, episode 5. Nurse, super cutie just taught Thackery the Wise to ride a bike. I think he's crushing hard on her, but there's only been a super small hint she may be seeing the young bearded doctor, and ol Thack, I fear, may get his heart crushed. But I'm sure he's got enough coke and opium to recover.

God he's a bastard. So likeable though. How they do that???