• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vikings

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great program but hard to watch the more brutal parts, esp the rape scenes.

I tend to cover my eyes in those parts, I suppose it's trying to portray the real situation as it was (albeit in a slightly more sensational hollywood way)... ok enough complaining I was very interested in it and enjoyed watching it... not seen it all yet.

Yeah, I mean some of it's a bit rough. The human sacrifice episode is one that comes to mind. First, I have to agree to your *I'm looking away now* sentiment, but for a slightly different reason-- I find that because I'm kind of drawn to dark things, I have to guard my mind from things of that nature. I definitely had to learn that the hard way and have realized that it's not healthy for my mind to ruminate (and it does) on death, darkness and things of morbid nature.

On the other hand, I actually very likely have Viking heritage (via Armagh in northern Ireland and yes, rape) so I very much appreciate the authenticity the History channel has brought to portraying the Viking culture-- though the truth is a bit screwed up.

Any thoughts on Enneagram types of the characters?

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Best scene ever

Ragnar Lothbrok: ENTJ 8w7 (not sure about the enneagram, I saw him typed as Fe, but I can't see him as F dominant type)

He's an ENTJ, he's putting together all the pieces together (TE/NI) and moving his pawns like a Grandmaster Chess player. I hope I haven't inflated any ENTJ's ego by them reading this. TE might be mistaken for FE, as it looks to emulate and perhaps control it's environment.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've recently gotten into Vikings cause I was also watching the more recent The Last Kingdom.
I have no idea how so many of you see Ragnar as an ENTJ.

Personally the way I see it (and for some of the character typings, funkymbti.tumblr.com also seems to agree and also articulate listing functions and how those connect with each of the individual characters);

Ragnar: ESTP (Dude has no Te, this is clearly Se-Ti. Go ahead and click the link I attached if you don't see what I'm on about)
Lagertha : ESTJ (I have no idea how so many of you people who've typed Ragnar as ENTJ miss out on Lagertha's Te and continue to take that as Se?!)
Aethelstan: ISFJ
Bjorn : INFP (his Fi is clear as day)
Aslaug : ESFJ or ISFJ
Floki : ISTP (but I can see why so many see ENTP for him, even I did)
Rollo : ENFP
Siggi : ENFJ

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ragnar
ENTP 7w8: The most curious person in the entire series. He wants to change the rules, the places to raid, the way of thinking. He wants to learn more about new cultures, and try new sensations due to substances coming from esotic places. He doesn't really care about traditions, and it's probably the main thing that led the people around him to give him less support. He has a greath developed tertiary Fe.

Rollo
ESFP 3w4: A seeker of pleasure and strong sensations. Doesn't merge with the emotional atmosphere around him, and has a pretty blunt way of communicating his thoughts. He wants success, but totally lacks foresight. He got to a good position only because of luck. There was no plan. He's an opportunist, and catched what he wanted.

Lagertha
ISTJ 1w2: A true leader. Rigid, very direct. The Ti vs Te situations with Ragnar are evident. Always uses logic and common sense. Isn't able to forgive, but uses a typical Fi moral code. Struggles predicting what may happen, and can't predict other people's randomness. She trusted Ecbert, not taking into account he had no moral code.

Aethelstan
ISFJ 6w5: This dude literally has zero morality, lol. He just feels the need to believe in something because he is a weak person with a soft personality. He seeks a system, and tries to merge into it. When two systems conflict, he start to panic.

Floki
ISTP 6w7: He clearly got Fe... it's just very very low. His whole life is about trust, and about believing into something. Great example of a 6. Always suspicious and skeptical. Great understanding of the world around him, with a touch of spirituality (perfect example of Se and Ni at auxiliary and tertiary positions).

Bjorn
ISFP 4w3: Typical Fi-dom hardened by circumstances. Very direct, impulsive, but also quiet.

Ecbert
ENTP 3w4: Very similar to Ragnar. His curiosity may reach his one. Clear example of the type.

Lark

Does anyone ever think about why the TV show Vikings is actually produced by an english speaking nation, it was on the history network, which I can kind of understand, before it became the flagship Amazon show but I kind of wonder why it wasnt produced by a Norwegian studio and then sold to the english speaking world instead of how it has turned out, it would, I guess, have been a major cultural export surely.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My typings:
Ragnar - ESTP 7w8 so (Any innovative ESxx being typed an ENxx is getting old. He clearly has heaps of Se+Fe on display.)
Lagertha - ESTJ 8w9 so/sp with a strong link to 2.
Rollo - ESTP 3w2 so (I'm totally confused as to why you'd type an obvious 3, a 7 and then claim that it's undoubtable...)
Athelstan - ISFJ 2w1 (He is very Jesus-esque.)
Floki - ENTP 6w7 (He reminds me of the Mad Hatter lol.)
Siggy - ESFJ 3w2 so/sp with a strong link to 6.
Aslaug - ESFJ 2w3 sx/so that disintegrated to a sociopathic 8 probably?
Bjorn - ESFP 3w2 so
Bronn - ISTJ 8w9 with a strong link to 2.
Kwenthrith - ESFP 4w3 sx/so (The sx 4 appears very confident and she clearly feels broken inside.)
The Seer - INTJ 5w4?
Earl - ESTJ 6w5 so (He was riddled with paranoia and never had what it took to actually win people over like a 3 would have.)
Ivar the Boneless - ESFP 8w7 (I'm so confused by the ENTJ votes... Is it because he is strategic? He is Fi af.)
Ubbe - ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
Hvitserk - ESFP 7w8 so/sx or sx/so
Sigurd - ISTJ 1w9? (he seems very concerned with what is right from a young age but also seems to have that chill vibe that the 9 wing gives off.)
Torvi - ISFJ 6w5 sp/so
Astrid - ESTP 7w8?
Margarethe - ISFP 9w1 sx?
Aelle - ISTJ 6w5 (The guy is walking paranoia like Earl was.)
Gisfa - ENFJ 1w2 that is very in touch with her anger? lol
Helga - ISFJ 6w5 sp
Harald - ESTP 8w9 sx
Halfdan - ISTP 8w9?
Ellisif - ESFJ 3w2 so
Therese - ESFJ 3w2 so/sp
Roland - ENTJ 3w4?
Ecbert - ENFJ 3w2 sp/so?

If i've left anyone out then please let me know because i'm just typing those that I remember right at the top of my head.

Last edited:

vitorbronson

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ragnar - ENFP
Lagertha - ISTJ
Rollo - ESFJ
Athelstan - INTP
Floki - ENTP ( obvius )
Siggy - ENFJ
Aslaug - INFJ
Bjorn - ESFP
Kwenthrith - ENFJ
Torvi - ESFP
Aelle - ESTJ
Gisfa - ENFJ
Helga - ESFP
Ecbert - ENTJ

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Smh, i'd like to edit my last post but I can't. I believe that Ivar is a ESTP 8w7 actually and Margarethe seemed more like a 9w8 rather than a 9w1 since she seems to be obsessed with gaining power all of a sudden.

vitorbronson

MBTI Type
INTJ
Smh, i'd like to edit my last post but I can't. I believe that Ivar is a ESTP 8w7 actually and Margarethe seemed more like a 9w8 rather than a 9w1 since she seems to be obsessed with gaining power all of a sudden.

Interesting, Margarete is very common, weak personality.

Ivar is very easy to confuse personality, as he looks like an ESFP for his impulsivity, but sometimes he shows a great strategist as he has shown playing chess and even in the battles at war.

So with regard to Ivar it is really complicated some definition.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, Margarete is very common, weak personality.

Well, she is a 9. :)

Ivar is very easy to confuse personality, as he looks like an ESFP for his impulsivity, but sometimes he shows a great strategist as he has shown playing chess and even in the battles at war.

So with regard to Ivar it is really complicated some definition.

Are you saying he's an ENTJ like everyone else?