• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Is anyone watching Joss Whedon's Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? If not, I recommend it, especially to Joss Whedon fans.

Dr. Horrible = INT_ ?
Penny = INF_ ?
Captain Hammer = ESTP?
Bad Horse = heh, just kidding. I don't think you can type a horse that hasn't had any speaking parts yet.

Opinions?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Dr. Horrible - INTP?
Penny - INFJ
Captain Hammer - Yeah, ESTP fits fairly well.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love it. I've watched too many times to count. It is sheer brilliance.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love it. I've watched too many times to count. It is sheer brilliance.
It is, isn't it? My husband, who isn't a particular fan of Joss Whedon, really likes it and I think he was surprised about that. I imagine we will buy the soundtrack when it comes out because he liked the music, too.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been loving it. But the words "Joss Whedon" and "musical" sort of sealed that deal already. :wubbie: (And on a shallow note, I've found Neil Patrick Harris irresistible since I saw him cooking on Kitchen Impossible.)

I think it's really cool as a villain origin myth.. And I hadn't thought about it too deeply, but Haphazard's INFP typing of Dr. Horrible is right on. (The disappointed Fi.)

I'd forgotten by part 3 that Joss Whedon was involved and therefore someone had to die. Penny was such a cariacture though.. and their worldviews were sort of incompatible.

If there was a sequel, what would you like to see in it?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If there was a sequel, what would you like to see in it?
I don't know what I'd like to see in it, but Joss Whedon's apparently making an Act IV.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How sad is it that I feel a truly deep level of identification with Billy/Dr. Horrible? :unsure:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
How sad is it that I feel a truly deep level of identification with Billy/Dr. Horrible? :unsure:
I don't know, but I think my husband may feel some of that same thing. I don't know about other NTs, but I know that my INTP is pretty idealistic and romantic under his cynical, misanthropic exterior, which is why I don't think the good doctor is necessarily an NF.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate a lot to Dr. Horrible and I could definately see INFP being a good match, but I'm curious about how INTJs and INTPs both feel about the good horrible doctor. I can clearly see the Fi aspect that would point to INFP, but what do others see reagrding Ni vs Ne and Ti vs Te in him? What about the possibility of him being a shy ENxP?

My guesses for the others
Penny - INFj
Captain hammer - ESTP
Moist - Not enough talking to determine much, but INTP would be my guess.
(with nothing other than gut feeling to base that guess on :))

TheOminousMuffin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think we can agree that Billy is an IN and P. INTPs are known to challenge others to think, which he does. "Fire up your brain..." Cynical as well. His love for Penny is shown in a rather childlike way, which seems very INTP to me.