• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Angel characters

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
By Angel, I'm referring to Angel the series, which is a spin-off of the Buffy series, if that isn't clear. I tried searching for a similar thread, but "angel" is a pretty generic search-word. Anyways...

Angel: IsTP
Cordelia: ESTJ, though she develops both her N and F sides as the series progresses
Wesley: INfJ
Doyle: ESFP
Fred: eNTP
Lorne: EnFP
Gunn: ISTJ
Spike: IsFP
Connor: INFP
Lilah: ISTJ
Lindsey: INTP

Feel free to debate any of these, as I'm unsure of a lot of them.

Edit: Forgot to add Lilah. And Lindsey. ><

Last edited:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, here's what I had in mind:

Angel - INFJ. He seems to play the "counselor" role in a lot of what he does (I mean look at the business he runs? "We help the helpless!"), but he has an action-oriented alter ego that comes out more and more. IMO the whole Se shadow really comes out when Darla comes back.

Wesley - INTP. Later on in the series he becomes more serious and perhaps "J-like" but early on, he's a mess. Dude has a book/prophecy-related explanation for everything. Applying theory to reality at every corner, that sounds like an INTP.

Lorne - I kept thinking he was ENFJ but I could be wrong. ENF either way.

Gunn - ISFP. Can't quite put my finger on why, but something tells me there is Fi fueling his fire.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Angel - INFJ. He seems to play the "counselor" role in a lot of what he does (I mean look at the business he runs? "We help the helpless!"), but he has an action-oriented alter ego that comes out more and more. IMO the whole Se shadow really comes out when Darla comes back.
I can see that too, actually. He seems very T when it comes to the way he deals with his cases, though it could be due to him being generally well-developped (he is a Joss Whedon character, after all).

Wesley - INTP. Later on in the series he becomes more serious and perhaps "J-like" but early on, he's a mess. Dude has a book/prophecy-related explanation for everything. Applying theory to reality at every corner, that sounds like an INTP.
The issue with Wesley is that so much happens to him as the series goes on, which changes the way his personality is presented. I actually pinned his earlier messiness (in his character, not how his desk looks) as due to him being overly eager to please everyone, which came across as very NF to me.

Lorne - I kept thinking he was ENFJ but I could be wrong. ENF either way.
Eh, it could go either way. The one thing about ENFP is that it well-developped Si would explain his love of music.

Gunn - ISFP. Can't quite put my finger on why, but something tells me there is Fi fueling his fire.
Ooh, interesting, I like it. I always figured that his Te was stronger than his Fi, but then again, Te is outward so it'd be more noticeable. But Se fits better than Si, and it's interesting to think of him as a Feeling type.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, interesting, I like it. I always figured that his Te was stronger than his Fi, but then again, Te is outward so it'd be more noticeable. But Se fits better than Si, and it's interesting to think of him as a Feeling type.

Yeah. I'm not through the whole series yet (been watching 1 or 2 ep's a week or 2 at a time at a friend's place) but not too long ago I saw the episode where Gunn was about to have to pay up his soul that he sold to some demon in return for his truck (LOL), and the way he treated Fred just looked like Fi ready to explode--complete with a breakdown where he was a dick because he wanted her to break up with him, a splendid example of inferior Te and Ni, trying to make things "fall in order" so that life could go on after he was dead.