• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of The Giver characters?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For those of you who have read the book The Giver by Lois Lowry, what do you think these characters should be typed as?

Jonas
The Giver
Asher
Fiona
Jonas's Mom
Jonas's Dad
Lily

Here are my guesses, but you can contribute your own ideas.

Jonas- ENFx

The Giver - xNFx. When I picture the ability to see beyond, I picture iNtuition.

Asher - ESxP. Loud, spontaneous, doesn't like others getting in his way, likes attention .

Fiona - xSFx. Warm-hearted, sweet, probably a sensing feeler.

Mom - ISTJ

Dad - ISFx? Very kind and loving, quiet.

Lily - ESTJ? Kinda hard to tell because she's just a little kid, but she seems to speak her mind and value justice and hard work.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is my favorite YA novel ever, but it's been a very long time since I've read it.

I'm tentatively guessing:
Jonas - xNFP
The Giver - xNFJ

allycat800

MBTI Type
INFP
I just re-read this one, it's one of my favorites!

Jonas- INFP, possibly ENFP, but the way he experiences and comprehends the memories is very Fi - Si

The Giver - XNFJ At first I thought INFJ, but now I think he's more ENFJ

Asher - ESXP. Leaning toward ESFP

Fiona - ISFJ

Mom - ISTJ

Dad - ISFJ

Lily - I thought she seemed kind of like an ENFP, but if not that, then definitely ESTJ.

Rosemary - INFJ?

Nicodemus

I saw the film adaptation, which is incredibly bland. It is the book much better?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I saw the film adaptation, which is incredibly bland. It is the book much better?

Yeah. I didn't even bother to see the movie, I sort of knew they'd mess something up :(.

allycat800

MBTI Type
INFP

Way way better. They took a beautiful story and tried too hard to focus on building and breaking the dystopian society and making it in line with current events. For example, in the movie Asher gets the job of "Drone Pilot", in the book, "Director of Recreation"...

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ooh this is a hard one because they are all affected by emotional suppression... Some blunted Fs here

Jonas: INFP
Lily: ESTJ
Mother: ISTJ
Father: ISFJ
The Giver: INFJ
Fiona: ISFJ
Asher: ESTP

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's hard to type Jonas but he's definitely a feeler and yeah, the Giver is INFJ.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you think Jonas would be the same type as the giver, since he was going to be the next giver?