• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elliot Rodgers

Tomb1

unhealthy sx/sp 3w4

"California Rampage Suspect Blamed Aloof Women"(unhealthy sexual acting out spitefully towards the opposite sex):

"they become completely disengaged from their core, as if outside of themselves."

"They feel that admiration is their due. Likewise, they view non-admirers with contempt...."

"Their self-esteem is based on an unrealistic assumption about their worth and these Threes believe they have ‘special favors’ coming their way. "

"By now their confidence has grown to the point of being irrational. They may think of themselves as perfect without requiring any proof in reality for such a claim...Their grandiosity is flagrant, maintained by a growing disdain for reality, since reality is full of people who don’t share the threes' high sense of worth."

"Threes are lonely. At bottom, their positive outlook is a thin veneer for a despairing life. Threes have no true relation to others and their overconfidence is pierced by reminders of their failings and falseness at every turn. Losing is catastrophic. With social humiliations and failure, their illusion of grandiosity falls apart as they succumb to dissatisfaction"

Tomb1

He's lost touch with reality due to his grandiosity...Fours lose touch with reality more due to self-absorption in their defects. his self-absorption is in the area of what a superior guy he thinks he is and how all these women ought to be bowing down to him. unlike a four, his worldview isn't tainted by an expectation that he's doomed to always fall short of other peoples' standards, but the expectation that he's admired. It's his realization that his grandiose expectation isn't being reciprocated by reality that he believes requires retribution. and his shooting rampage wasn't a way to externalize the fact that he's forever defective and unlovable, but as he says, that he's the true alpha male. what amplifies fourishness is SX/SP. sx/sp is the least whole/complete stack unless they're immersed in whatever/whomever gives them their sense completion...sense of longing being a defining feature of that stack. hence the stack's 'fourness'.

Nicodemus

He's a real life Patrick Bateman.
I have watched all of his vlogs now. I think his main problem was being unable to form relationships, perhaps, as has been indicated, due to a form of Asperger's. In all of his videos he talks about loneliness, his lack of friends, girls, sex and love. Yet I would not be surprised to hear that he had never tried to get a girlfriend. What makes him appear so obnoxious is this contrived persona, which is probably the result of having been exposed to very sad and twisted ideas about women, men, relationships, and life in general. Left to his own devices to figure out how to get what he desired, he combined the two and made all the wrong choices.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have watched all of his vlogs now. I think his main problem was being unable to form relationships, perhaps, as has been indicated, due to a form of Asperger's. In all of his videos he talks about loneliness, his lack of friends, girls, sex and love. Yet I would not be surprised to hear that he had never tried to get a girlfriend. What makes him appear so obnoxious is this contrived persona, which is probably the result of having been exposed to very sad and twisted ideas about women, men, relationships, and life in general. Left to his own devices to figure out how to get what he desired, he combined the two and he made all the wrong choices.

I was thinking this, too; I watched a couple of his videos from the link you posted. He describes his life as being torture and himself as having been "cast out". He claims he had no friends, no girlfriend, no social life at all. Yet, for some reason, I get the feeling he never tried to go towards people. Sometimes someone has psychological barriers keeping them from interacting with others, which might be his case, also aggravated by aspergers. Even sociopaths are able to find friends, girlfriends, get married etc, I dont think that he would have been rejected by everyone if he had tried.

He blames society and others for his problem, never once seems to consider how it could be his own defects which stand on the way, it is all everyone else's fault to him. He basically scapegoats for his problems rather than look for any kind of solution.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont think it would innapropiate to discuss his type, in this thread, so let me just say a few things. I know the subject is heavy and serious and Im not trying to turn this into entertainment, but I dont see much wrong in analyzing evil figures such as killers, dictators, etc, though the wound from this one is still fresh.

He was indeed probably a three. He doesnt seem to question his own defects at all, doesnt doubt himself, doesnt understand why others do not love him. Typical unhealthy 3w4 attitude.

Bullet

I have watched all of his vlogs now. I think his main problem was being unable to form relationships, perhaps, as has been indicated, due to a form of Asperger's. In all of his videos he talks about loneliness, his lack of friends, girls, sex and love. Yet I would not be surprised to hear that he had never tried to get a girlfriend. What makes him appear so obnoxious is this contrived persona, which is probably the result of having been exposed to very sad and twisted ideas about women, men, relationships, and life in general. Left to his own devices to figure out how to get what he desired, he combined the two and he made all the wrong choices.

You may be on to something here. If I remember correctly, in his video he claimed that if he had even "tried to talk to these girls, he would have been rejected," not that he was actually rejected repeatedly over and over again. Isolation due to poor social skills can create a lot of misperceptions and skewed beliefs about others' thoughts, intentions, etc... A sort of paranoia that others have conspired against you. Really just projecting one's own insecurities onto others.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The reason I compare him to Bateman is because of how vacuous he was. He wondered why girls wouldn't notice him despite having a flashy car and expensive shades. That suggests, like you were on about, a fundamentally flawed view on how attraction and relationships work. Like Bateman, he identifies with his material possessions, but lacks a real personality. (Patrick's colleagues all thought he was a bland wimp.) Like Bateman, he's pathethic and hollow. And, most probably like Bateman, he had some kind of mental condition augmenting his problems. So it wouldn't surprise me if Elliott Rodgers shared enneatype with him. (Extremely unhealthy 3.)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen all the vblogs too.

He says a couple of times, and I quote, "I don't know why you girls are so repulsed by me."

It's pretty clear to me he's tried several times and been rejected.

MadKitten

MBTI Type
INFP
I dont think it would innapropiate to discuss his type, in this thread, so let me just say a few things. I know the subject is heavy and serious and Im not trying to turn this into entertainment, but I dont see much wrong in analyzing evil figures such as killers, dictators, etc, though the wound from this one is still fresh.

He was indeed probably a three. He doesnt seem to question his own defects at all, doesnt doubt himself, doesnt understand why others do not love him. Typical unhealthy 3w4 attitude.

I agree with analyzing - it's interesting. I haven't thought those enneagram things at all so i dont know what that is all about.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

He says a couple of times, and I quote, "I don't know why you girls are so repulsed by me."

But it is not clear.

Nowhere does he give an actual example of his being rejected.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My impression is that he maybe tried to initiate contact, but because he's so insipid, girls didn't return his interest.

Though I have a lingering suspicion that he expected girls to just come up to him, by virtue of wearing branded sunglasses. But because he didn't understand that wearing expensive attire won't automatically make you a panty dropper, he drew the conclusion that something about him repulsed women.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Though I have a lingering suspicion that he might have expected girls to just come up to him, by virtue of wearing branded sunglasses. But because he doesn't understand that wearing expensive attire won't make you a panty dropper, he draws the conclusion that something about him repulses women.

I would say this is most likely to be true.

Nicodemus

Like the rest of his presentation, his choice of words is contrived. I think it far more likely that he never tried than that he tried several times. Maybe the news will tell us soon.

Though I have a lingering suspicion that he might have expected girls to just come up to him, by virtue of wearing branded sunglasses. But because he doesn't understand that wearing expensive attire won't automatically make you a panty dropper, he draws the conclusion that something about him repulses women.
Again, I completely agree.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But it is not clear.

Nowhere does he give an actual example of his being rejected.
[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] the evidence is already out there. Question is do you wanna sift through the mind of a psycho.

Yeah, maybe you're right. You can download his 140 page manifesto and i did, and did a search for the word "reject." God, it's all over the place, but I didn't find many specific examples, I also couldn't stand looking at that shit. From his 140 Page Manifesto:

"They are all spoiled, heartless, wicked bitches. They think they are superior to me, and if I ever tried to ask one on a date, they would reject me cruelly.

"Some of the boys in my class would grow up to be embraced by girls, while I would grow up to be rejected by them."

"They would give themselves to this filthy scum, but they reject ME? The injustice!"

Here's the kicker:

"I tried my best to put myself out there on the Halloween weekend. I made many laps around Isla Vista, trying to bolster up the courage to talk to a girl or walk into a party, but I just couldn’t. I knew they would all reject me."

This shit is all in this freak's head.

These are only a few examples of search results from the word "reject." I stopped, but there's like 30 more.

Nicodemus

Question is do you wanna sift through the mind of a psycho.
I'm odd like that. But, to be honest, I still haven't finished Mitchell Heisman's manifesto.

Here's the kicker:

"I tried my best to put myself out there on the Halloween weekend. I made many laps around Isla Vista, trying to bolster up the courage to talk to a girl or walk into a party, but I just couldn’t. I knew they would all reject me."

This shit is all in this freak's head.
Yeah, as suspected, which also means that all of this could have been avoided.

Nicodemus

It is a very interesting document. Also, the boy could write. What a pity he got lost.

If anybody writes a book about him, here is the title: "Envy. The Deadly Sin of Elliot Rodger."

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read his "manifesto." He didn't put effort into actually ever approaching a female. Given his almost excessively detailed accounts of living situations, exchanges at school, and other interactions, one may think he'd mention an actual attempt, but he doesn't.

Absence in writing doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen, but there seems to be a pattern in his experiences. He wanted everything to just simply be present for him. Lottery. Skateboarding. Karate. Writing. The latter three he gave up on as soon as it got too hard, as the concept of actual effort seems lost to him. School, to some degree. I imagine the list goes on.
He even deems his mother selfish for not marrying a wealthy man for his sake- solely to get girls.
Ironic that he calls everyone else selfish, no?

The one time he actually "made friends" on his own was when his mean old stepmom forced him to approach them when he was about 12. Again, I'm only going by what's written. I'm sure there are things left out, but he seems so adamant on sharing every last detail of his special life, that I'd have to guess we're not missing much substance between the lines.

Whatever social setbacks and psychiatric hangups he might've had.. he still reads like a vapid, petulant, self-centered coward.
At one point he mentions that he's not part of the human race. And it's quite true, at this point. And that was his decision.