• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type This Guy!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, It's not me in the video.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He's an ESTP out of his head.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an ESTP out of his head.

Bipolar, I'm sure. I've had him on my Facebook friends list for a few years, and he's super tolerant for managing to put up with me for so long there.

So, how about his enneagram type?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bipolar, I'm sure. I've had him on my Facebook friends list for a few years, and he's super tolerant for managing to put up with me for so long there.

So, how about his enneagram type?

No clue. I think it's a hard thing to find out, and I don't understand it nearly so well as JCFs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No clue. I think it's a hard thing to find out, and I don't understand it nearly so well as JCFs.

All the descriptions boil down to one-size-fits-all stereotypes anyway.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're close...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's some more to go on, written by the same guy:

When I injured my back and the baby came early I lamented that I would not have cleaned my home and maintained it in good condition for a child. I worried that some dark soul would call child protective services and that they would take our child away. Phyllie tried to soothe me and told me not to worry. The reason I have posted very little today is that they came. They came and took pictures and I cleaned and cleaned, Only tomorrow will tell if I cleaned well enough. I have gone back on my vow not to push my back too far. I pushed it as far as I could. I've probably set my healing back by two week or worse. I rest tonight with great uncertainty whether I will be treated fairly by the authorities. I don't know I could have been expected to have done any better when I had to be up on my feet cooking meals, driving to pediatricians, applying for public assistance since we were unable to save money to pay for Phyllie's leave of absence from work. Phyllis needed to stay in bed and nurse our very small child. Her mother came and helped us clean. I swore I would not trust her unless she demonstrated real change for good in my life, so in this she has regained my trust. Someone acted with great malice against us today and I am sick to death of going through the ringer over and over again, fighting and struggling like a man under a curse to save his family. We stood in our home with holy incense sai flora burning and said the prayer of the Bab for protection, and how intense was my longing for those mighty words of assurance to be true. During our cleaning we had no choice but to give the baby some formula-- and to me infant formula might as well be chicken mac nuggets. But the tyrant cares for nothing but the letter of the law, while there is no way on earth our horrific mess could have harmed a child who is unable to crawl yet. If we survive this I wonder what our unseen enemy has in store for us next and who they might be. This much is certain-- someone attacked my family with great malice today. A curse on those who love laws better than human beings. They are the barbarians and their lockstep march into a senseless and bleak future will be rewarded with the collapse of civilization if we let them. Send us what blessings you may.​

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
His writing tells me the following: He has been doing a lot of reading of high fantasy, or some other older or dressed up to look older writing, and is a highly verbal person because his imitation of the style and/or absorption is not very stilted; it reads almost naturally, which is quite difficult to do without naturally perfect 'pitch' in reading and writing. His style is also somewhat reminiscent of the Russian authors in translation, like Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. In fact, he presents himself here much like Marmeladov in Crime and Punishment, if you have read it. Instead of being drunk all the time, he's just on drugs. It is nearly impossible for a normal person to fake sincerity in writing like that, especially if they didn't spend much time on it; however, that guy spent some time over that posting. So, it could be that the drugs have given a sense of tragedy to his pen, and that's where the high fantasy and Russian touches come in. I'm not a good enough literary analyst to tell you. But I do know he is a natural when it comes to telling a story, and probably reading and writing generally.

I changed my mind on ESTP. No ESTP would write like that unless he was insane, and even then I dont' think he could do it. They write bluntly, simply, and to the point; they are 'cut to the chase' people who don't revel in emotional situations. If they are being emotional in public like that, it would be part of a break down, not a semi-carefully constructed post. The author of that is reveling in his situation; you have to have a natural sense of the dramatic to do that, I think.

This guy really seems like he might believe some of the sacrament stuff he is talking about; at least in the moment, he is persuading himself of it or he couldn't write about it so well. Your attitudes always leach out into your writing. So, he has probably a poor capacity for analysis, and is willing to accept a good story as valid evidence for something.

Maybe ESFJ? I know an ESFJ who is able to write in an almost similar antiquated style without being ironic, and there's nothing in the text that makes ESFJ unworkable. Or perhaps ESFP? But I don't think so; this guy has a little bit of an intellectual varnish, and that is a characteristic I've seen in many more ESFJs than ESFPs. ESFPs can be intellectual, but they don't look or sound intellectual, if you know what I mean. This guy to me just doesn't have the ESFP energy. It's more like the ESFJ 'telling you guys a story' kind of thing.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks a bit like that actor Tom Sizemore after a rough bender.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His writing tells me the following: He has been doing a lot of reading of high fantasy, or some other older or dressed up to look older writing, and is a highly verbal person because his imitation of the style and/or absorption is not very stilted; it reads almost naturally, which is quite difficult to do without naturally perfect 'pitch' in reading and writing. His style is also somewhat reminiscent of the Russian authors in translation, like Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. In fact, he presents himself here much like Marmeladov in Crime and Punishment, if you have read it. Instead of being drunk all the time, he's just on drugs. It is nearly impossible for a normal person to fake sincerity in writing like that, especially if they didn't spend much time on it; however, that guy spent some time over that posting. So, it could be that the drugs have given a sense of tragedy to his pen, and that's where the high fantasy and Russian touches come in. I'm not a good enough literary analyst to tell you. But I do know he is a natural when it comes to telling a story, and probably reading and writing generally.

I changed my mind on ESTP. No ESTP would write like that unless he was insane, and even then I dont' think he could do it. They write bluntly, simply, and to the point; they are 'cut to the chase' people who don't revel in emotional situations. If they are being emotional in public like that, it would be part of a break down, not a semi-carefully constructed post. The author of that is reveling in his situation; you have to have a natural sense of the dramatic to do that, I think.

This guy really seems like he might believe some of the sacrament stuff he is talking about; at least in the moment, he is persuading himself of it or he couldn't write about it so well. Your attitudes always leach out into your writing. So, he has probably a poor capacity for analysis, and is willing to accept a good story as valid evidence for something.

Maybe ESFJ? I know an ESFJ who is able to write in an almost similar antiquated style without being ironic, and there's nothing in the text that makes ESFJ unworkable. Or perhaps ESFP? But I don't think so; this guy has a little bit of an intellectual varnish, and that is a characteristic I've seen in many more ESFJs than ESFPs. ESFPs can be intellectual, but they don't look or sound intellectual, if you know what I mean. This guy to me just doesn't have the ESFP energy. It's more like the ESFJ 'telling you guys a story' kind of thing.

Now you see why he's on my friend's list. I don't have hundreds of friends like some people, just the interesting ones.

Your ability with literary analysis is uncanny. I haven't read any Dostoevsky so I couldn't have made that connection. I don't think he has either, but maybe I should ask him.

There is one thing I would like to ask of you, however; forget the idea that drugs have any effect on his writing style and content. We don't know if he was on drugs while writing it, and we don't know if taking drugs had any long-term psychological consequences that made him write that way. Also, as you suspected, he is completely sincere about the 'sacraments' thing.

You are right on the money about the "high fantasy" reading. And I suspect that this had a more - deleterious? - effect than the drugs.

I like what you wrote about "reveling" in his situation. But what does that mean psychologically? Not typologically - is it emotional reveling, psychotic reveling...?

He is a natural when it comes to writing a story, and he has a self-published fiction book that he had printed up at a local small publishing house.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Now you see why he's on my friend's list. I don't have hundreds of friends like some people, just the interesting ones. .

Yes, I do. I wasn't unduly impressed with the video because my first impression was "he's out of his head". I paid little attention after that, and thus missed some things that I caught immediately in his writing, which was quite intriguing.

Your ability with literary analysis is uncanny. I haven't read any Dostoevsky so I couldn't have made that connection. I don't think he has either, but maybe I should ask him..

Oh, I don't think it makes a difference. He's not faking it, judging by what I thought at the time and what you said later.

I pick up a lot more from what someone writes than what they say. There's so much more information in the text than in real life.

There is one thing I would like to ask of you, however; forget the idea that drugs have any effect on his writing style and content. We don't know if he was on drugs while writing it, and we don't know if taking drugs had any long-term psychological consequences that made him write that way. Also, as you suspected, he is completely sincere about the 'sacraments' thing..

Well, I've not seen examples before of how drugs might or might not affect writing. So I noted that as a variable that might throw off the picture I got from the writing. Overall, I know it takes extraordinary skill to fake a belief in a passage like while avoiding hints of irony.

You are right on the money about the "high fantasy" reading. And I suspect that this had a more - deleterious? - effect than the drugs..

Not surprising. He was oozing it. It's formed his literary style, or it's a good chunk of the formation of his literary style. He has absorbed the 'language' and is now more or less fluent, which is quite an accomplishment. It's notoriously difficult to use 'magical language' and not sound stuffy or insincere. It's dramatic, and you can only do the drama if you really feel it and believe it. Unless you are a literary genius. . .

I like what you wrote about "reveling" in his situation. But what does that mean psychologically? Not typologically - is it emotional reveling, psychotic reveling...?.

It's living in the moment. I suppose it is emotional, but in almost a naturally artistic way. I'd like to see how he acts around people . . .

I would guess his weakness as an author is in the plot, or the unity of the story. He lives life as a series of moments, or incidents, and this is reflected in his choice of words. He paints a vivid picture of details which are emotionally relevant, and gives us a vignette, or a little painting, of a moment in time. He might have trouble in linking the moments together well in a longer work, but I don't know for sure.

He is not playing a role; he is a role when he is writing that, like a great actor. And this is not to suggest lack of sincerity; it's just that while most people in that situation would say something incredibly mundane and be miserable, he is still probably miserable or uncertain, but he plumbs to the depths of this condition and pushes it to its limits.

In other words, he's probably some kind of an artist by nature. I don't know whether he's a good artist or a bad one, but he is one. If he was more practical, he would either not be in that situation, or he would despair.

He is a natural when it comes to writing a story, and he has a self-published fiction book that he had printed up at a local small publishing house.

Not surprising. Actually, I'm surprised that he got it printed. But I'm not surprised that he is able to write fiction. If you have read it, am I right that if it has a weakness, it is in the unity of the story? (Unless it is a short work, in which case he might find it easier to unify it.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I do. I wasn't unduly impressed with the video because my first impression was "he's out of his head". I paid little attention after that, and thus missed some things that I caught immediately in his writing, which was quite intriguing.

Oh, I don't think it makes a difference. He's not faking it, judging by what I thought at the time and what you said later.

I pick up a lot more from what someone writes than what they say. There's so much more information in the text than in real life.

Well, I've not seen examples before of how drugs might or might not affect writing. So I noted that as a variable that might throw off the picture I got from the writing. Overall, I know it takes extraordinary skill to fake a belief in a passage like while avoiding hints of irony.

Not surprising. He was oozing it. It's formed his literary style, or it's a good chunk of the formation of his literary style. He has absorbed the 'language' and is now more or less fluent, which is quite an accomplishment. It's notoriously difficult to use 'magical language' and not sound stuffy or insincere. It's dramatic, and you can only do the drama if you really feel it and believe it. Unless you are a literary genius. . .

It's living in the moment. I suppose it is emotional, but in almost a naturally artistic way. I'd like to see how he acts around people . . .

I would guess his weakness as an author is in the plot, or the unity of the story. He lives life as a series of moments, or incidents, and this is reflected in his choice of words. He paints a vivid picture of details which are emotionally relevant, and gives us a vignette, or a little painting, of a moment in time. He might have trouble in linking the moments together well in a longer work, but I don't know for sure.

He is not playing a role; he is a role when he is writing that, like a great actor. And this is not to suggest lack of sincerity; it's just that while most people in that situation would say something incredibly mundane and be miserable, he is still probably miserable or uncertain, but he plumbs to the depths of this condition and pushes it to its limits.

In other words, he's probably some kind of an artist by nature. I don't know whether he's a good artist or a bad one, but he is one. If he was more practical, he would either not be in that situation, or he would despair.

Not surprising. Actually, I'm surprised that he got it printed. But I'm not surprised that he is able to write fiction. If you have read it, am I right that if it has a weakness, it is in the unity of the story? (Unless it is a short work, in which case he might find it easier to unify it.)

"He lives his life as a series of moments." He definitely reveals his life as a series of dramatic moments, and from this we can perhaps imply that he also lives his life in this fashion.

"If he was more practical, he would either not be in that situation, or he would despair." Using the JCF methodology, which function comes forth most strongly?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't know how to get hold of a copy of the book. Maybe I should just ask him.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"He lives his life as a series of moments." He definitely reveals his life as a series of dramatic moments, and from this we can perhaps imply that he also lives his life in this fashion.

"If he was more practical, he would either not be in that situation, or he would despair." Using the JCF methodology, which function comes forth most strongly?

I would be very surprised if he didn't live his life in that fashion. Whichever way you experience life is the way you write, because that's the way you understand the world. If he experienced life as a continuum, he would have said something about the awful abyss stretching before him, and perhaps something about how the past is leading up to current events; instead, he barely even gives enough of the past to explain his current situation.

Clearly F. I can't really tell whether Fe or Fi. I incline toward Fe just because of how he appeared in the video, and because he could be ESFJ. But I could easily be wrong.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's some more to go on, written by the same guy:

When I injured my back and the baby came early I lamented that I would not have cleaned my home and maintained it in good condition for a child. I worried that some dark soul would call child protective services and that they would take our child away. Phyllie tried to soothe me and told me not to worry. The reason I have posted very little today is that they came. They came and took pictures and I cleaned and cleaned, Only tomorrow will tell if I cleaned well enough. I have gone back on my vow not to push my back too far. I pushed it as far as I could. I've probably set my healing back by two week or worse. I rest tonight with great uncertainty whether I will be treated fairly by the authorities. I don't know I could have been expected to have done any better when I had to be up on my feet cooking meals, driving to pediatricians, applying for public assistance since we were unable to save money to pay for Phyllie's leave of absence from work. Phyllis needed to stay in bed and nurse our very small child. Her mother came and helped us clean. I swore I would not trust her unless she demonstrated real change for good in my life, so in this she has regained my trust. Someone acted with great malice against us today and I am sick to death of going through the ringer over and over again, fighting and struggling like a man under a curse to save his family. We stood in our home with holy incense sai flora burning and said the prayer of the Bab for protection, and how intense was my longing for those mighty words of assurance to be true. During our cleaning we had no choice but to give the baby some formula-- and to me infant formula might as well be chicken mac nuggets. But the tyrant cares for nothing but the letter of the law, while there is no way on earth our horrific mess could have harmed a child who is unable to crawl yet. If we survive this I wonder what our unseen enemy has in store for us next and who they might be. This much is certain-- someone attacked my family with great malice today. A curse on those who love laws better than human beings. They are the barbarians and their lockstep march into a senseless and bleak future will be rewarded with the collapse of civilization if we let them. Send us what blessings you may.​

He is a good writer. I get a little Si.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] for a moment his movements and speech made me think ESFP. There is definitely something p-like about him in my way of seeing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be very surprised if he didn't live his life in that fashion. Whichever way you experience life is the way you write, because that's the way you understand the world. If he experienced life as a continuum, he would have said something about the awful abyss stretching before him, and perhaps something about how the past is leading up to current events; instead, he barely even gives enough of the past to explain his current situation.

Clearly F. I can't really tell whether Fe or Fi. I incline toward Fe just because of how he appeared in the video, and because he could be ESFJ. But I could easily be wrong.

Have you considered the content of the writing yet? So far you've only mentioned its style, although very astutely.